The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC), founded initially as Nizam State Rail and Road Transport Department (NSR-RTD) in June 1932, started as a department of Nizam State Railway with 27 buses and 166 staff. However, APSRTC eventually gained momentum, and within the last 78 years, it increased its fleet size to 22,596 and has more than 692 shelters. The headquarter of APSRTC is located at the NTR Administrative Block of RTC House in Pandit Nehru bus station of . APSRTC also has a Logistics branch that has introduced a Door delivery facility from 1st September 2021 for couriers/parcels up to 10 kgs within a radius of 10 km for 84 locations.
APSRTC buses cover 38.59 lakhs km and carry 28.89 lakhs people to their desired daily routes. They connect 14,123 villages to all major towns and cities in Andhra Pradesh, constituting 95% of Road Transport. Andhra Pradesh Road Transport Corporation has received two national awards for its excellent customer service and 3 Bus India awards for constantly growing customer satisfaction.
APSRTC buses serve more than 75 lakh passengers daily, connecting 14000 villages to major cities and towns across the state. The services are not just limited to the state but also cater to movement in the states such as Telangana, Karnataka, Odisha, and Tamil Nadu. This operation is divided into four zones: Vizianagaram, Vijayawada, Nellore, and Kadapa, which 12 regional managers manage. Here is the list of 12 regions of APSRTC, Anantapur, Chittoor, East Godavari, Guntur, Kadapa, Krishna, Kurnool, North Central region, Vizianagaram Region, Nellore, Prakasam, Visakhapatnam, West Godavari.
APSRTC also has about 700 bus shelters under its ownership. In addition, the official website of Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation and its redBus site have updated details and hassle-free ticket booking options that can be accessed online.
APSRTC Bus Amenities
APSRTC buses are considered some of the most comfortable buses in the nation. While certain facilities may vary depending on the type of bus you choose, a few amenities are consistent regardless of the bus you book. Some of the most advantageous amenities provided by APSRTC buses are:
- Reclining seat
- Charging Point
- Water Bottle
- Track My Bus
- Emergency exit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Hammer (to break glass)
- Emergency Contact Number
- Electronic Ticket(E-Ticket)
APSRTC launched Non AC Sleeper buses with the brand new name STAR LINER( Sleep Travel and Relax) with exceptional amenities like 2+1 sleeper coach, 30 soft cushion berths with back pads, charging points, reading lights, luggage racks for every birth, audio coach, and much more.
APSRTC Awards and Recognizations:
APSRTC is famous for its technology and innovation. Here is an a neighbouring list of awards won by Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation:
- APSRTC won the SKOCH award for Digital Payments platform for citizen services and payment to vendors and suppliers in 2022
- APSRTC won the technology Sabha Excellence Award in 2020, 2021, and 2022 for the IoT category.
- Smart City Empowering India Awards - 2019 for Best Smart Mobility Project.
- National Public Transport Excellence Awards 2019 for Digital Initiatives.
- 2 National awards from 2019 ASRTU for the effective operation of buses.
- 3 India bus awards for good Performance in different categories.
APSRTC Women's Safety Measure
Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation introduced women's safety precautions in all buses, such as prohibiting male passengers from booking seats next to ladies. To report an emergency, there is a separate page for women's safety in the APSRTC life tracking app. At the central bus stops, there are baby breastfeeding centres. Major bus terminals have police outposts. Customer service is available 24/7.
Popular Cities Covered by APSRTC
APSRTC buses cover more than 43.4 lakh kilometres daily, covering more than 30,000 routes. Some of the most popular cities covered by these buses include:
Popular Travel Routes Covered by APSRTC
APSRTC covers more than 30,600 routes regularly. Although APSRTC has hundreds of routes it covers daily, some of the most popular routes for APSRTC remain booked and in demand all year round.
- Hyderabad to Vijayawada
- Chennai to Tirupati
- Vijayawada to Hyderabad
- Bangalore to Tirupati
- Tirupati to Bangalore
- Bangalore to Anantapur
- Bangalore to Kadapa
- Visakhapatnam to Anakapalle
- Visakhapatnam to Rajahmundry
- Guntur to Hyderabad
- Visakhapatnam to Vijayawada
- Hyderabad to Ongole
Types of APSRTC Buses
APSRTC online booking provides you with numerous bus options to choose from for your travel destination. Some of the most prominent buses offered by Andhra Pradesh Road Transport Corporation include , (Multiaxle A/C), Scania Desire A/C buses, City buses, Super Luxury, . All the buses are selected based on the comfort and safety quotient of the passengers and aim to provide the most comfortable travel experience. Let's take a look at some specifications.
- A/C Sleeper: The Vennela A/C sleeper features a two-tier accommodation designed to carry 24 passengers.
- A/C Coach: The Garuda A/C Coach provides a luxurious travel experience to its passengers by featuring amenities such as air suspension, pushback seats, reading lamps, audio, video entertainment, etc.
- A/C: The Amravathi A/C bus is a 47-seater A/C sleeper coach that usually services night hours and is equipped with all necessary amenities to make the travel comfortable and safe.
- Scania Desire A/C bus: The Scania Desire A/C bus is best suited for passengers travelling on a low budget but needing air conditioning in their accommodations.
Popular APSRTC Bus Types
There are various other popular APSRTC buses, which are as follows.,
- Expresssuper Luxury (Non-Ac, 2 + 2 Push Back)
- Ultra Deluxe (Non-Ac, 2+2 Push Back)
- Indra (A.C. Semi Sleeper)
- Amaravathi (Volvo / Scania A.C Multi Axle)
- Saptagiri Express
- Garuda (Volvo / Corona / Isuzu A.C. Semi Sleeper)
- Night Rider (Seater Cum Sleeper)
- Vennela (A.C. Sleeper)
- Garuda Plus (Volvo / Benz A.C Multi Axle)
- Metro Luxury A/C
- Super Luxury Ac ( 2+2 Push Back)
- Garuda (Volvo / Benz A.C. Semi Sleeper)
APSRTC Special Bus Services
Pilgrimage Services by APSRTC
APSRTC's special bus services include pilgrimage services for travelling to cities within Andhra Pradesh like Anantapur, Chittoor, East and west Godavari, Kadapa, Kurnool, etc. Prakasam, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vizag, Nellore. In addition, you can also book pilgrimage buses for the famous neighbouring cities like Mumbai, Pune, Shirdi, Nagpur, Chennai, Vellore, and Shirdi.
You can also visit these popular pilgrim destinations in Andhra Pradesh, Srisailem in Nandyal District, Ahobilam, Mantralayam, Srikalahasti, Yaganti, Annavaram, Mahanandi, Lepakshi, Draksharamam, Sri Someswara Temple- Bhimavaram, Tirupati, Kadiri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple (Near Anantapur), Mangalagiri, Simhachalam (Near Vizag), Tirumala, Kailasakona, Talakona, Avanthi, Mallayya Konda, Sadasivakona, Mallapa Konda, Mogili, Jhuri, Siddeshwara Kona, Gudimallam, Tavalam, Puruhutika Devi / Kukkuteswara Temple - Pithapuram and Samarlakota in Kakinada.
APSRTC offers special pilgrimage packages for various religious destinations in Andhra Pradesh. The most famous pilgrimage tour is Kanipakam golden temple, Basara Saraswathi Temple, Srisalam sightseeing, Lepakshi temple, Ahobilam temple, Belum caves, and Warangal Keesargutta tour.
Other Special Tour Packages of APSRTC
Historical Tour Package: APSRTC also offers tour packages to the Talkona Waterfall in the Chittoor district and the Lepakshi temple tour in the Anantapur district.
Leisure Tour Package: APSRTC offers a leisure tour package to the Kuntala and Porcha waterfall, the Belum caves tour in the Kurnool district, Araku and Borra package, the Talkona waterfall, Basara Saraswati temple tour.
APSRTC Offers Discounts
Passengers are entitled to various APSRTC offers and bus booking discounts, including the privilege to book your APSRTC ticket even 30 days before travel. redBus also provides special discounts for its members ranging from jaw-dropping cashback offers to various special discounts based on your mode of payment.
- Use the promo code APSRTCNEW to receive a 10% discount up to Rs 150 + Rs 100 cashback on APSRTC bus ticket bookings. This offer is only accessible to new APSRTC users. The offer is valid for a minimum ticket value of Rs 200.
- Use the code FIRST to get a 10% discount up to Rs 150 + Rs 100 cashback on bus tickets. This offer is exclusively accessible to first-time users and is valid for a minimum ticket value of Rs 200.
The offer is only valid once per the customer's email address or mobile phone number. This offer is only available to logged-in users who confirm their mobile number using an OTP .within 48 working hours of the date of the ride; the cashback will be credited to your redBus wallet. The offer cash is valid for six months from the date it is credited to the wallet, after which it will expire and be ineligible. The redBus deal is valid across all channels.
APSRTC Bus Cancellation Charges and Prices
portals, which is also an official bus ticket booking website for the APSRTC, have been a pioneer in excellent digital payment for bus booking. You can choose your preferred payment method during the time of checkout. Also, APSRTC bus cancellation is extremely easy with redBus; here is the list of various APSRTC cancellation charges and prices in different scenarios:
- On bus cancellation, the entire amount is refunded to the passengers.
- On cancelling the APSRTC tickets more than 48 hrs before the Schedule service start time at the origin of the bus, only reservation charges, levies (except GST, amenities), and Service Charges (in case of e-tickets) are cancellation charges.
- On cancelling from 48 hrs before and up to 24 hrs before the scheduled time at the origin of the bus, 10% of the actual fare, Reservation charges, levies (except GST, amenities), and Service Charges (in case of e-tickets) are cancellation charges.
- On cancellation from 24 hrs before and up to 2 hrs before the scheduled time at the origin of the bus, 25% of the actual fare, Reservation charges, levies (except GST, amenities), and Service Charges (in case of e-tickets) are cancellation charges.
- On cancelling up to 1 hr before the scheduled time at the origin of the bus, 50% of the actual fare, Reservation charges, levies (except GST, amenities), and Service Charges (in case of e-tickets) are cancellation charges.