APSRTC Bus from Kakinada to Visakhapatnam
APSRTC stand s for Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. It was initially a part of the NSR-RTD (Nizam State Rail & Road Transport Department) that was established in June 1932. APSRTC started with just 27 buses, but now it has a large fleet of 14,123 buses. The buses of APSRTC cover around 42.85 lakhs KMs every day. They connect different cities and villages of Andhra Pradesh and also extend their services to major cities of neighbouring states like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Odisha, etc.
APSRTC boast s a successful career profile as they were the first to nationalise passenger road transport services in the country and the first to run express long route night buses for passengers. Kakinada to Visakhapatnam is one of the busiest routes covered by APSRTC buses. There are around 87 APSRTC buses from Kakinada to Visakhapatnam every day. The large frequency of buses makes it easy for tourists/daily commuters to travel from source to destination easily at any hour of the day.
Amenities, Distance, Duration, and Average Fare
APSRTC offer s a variety of buses to choose from. One can book a luxury or an economical bus according to their preferences & longevity of the journey. They also offer various amenities to their passengers and ensure safe travel. They have a lot of experience in providing bus services to people. You can check APSRTC bus timings from Kakinada to Visakhapatnam via redBus. redBus also provides ride insurance and ticket cancellation policy. Let us see more details about this route.
Amenities can depend on the bus and ticket type. redBus provides a bus tracking system via the mobile application which helps in finding the exact location of your bus and in finding boarding points. The various types of amenities offered by APSRTC buses on the route of Kakinada to Visakhapatnam are as follows:
- Charging Point
- Reading Light
- Push Back Seats
- Seat Pouch
Types of APSRTC Buses
There are two types of buses run by APSRTC between Kakinada to Visakhapatnam, which are:
- Super Luxury buses with 2+2 seating and push back seats.
- Ultra Deluxe buses also run on this route with 2+2 seating and adjustable seats.
Distance, Duration and Average Fare
The distance between Kakinada and Visakhapatnam via road is around 153 KM, and it takes about 4 hours to reach there by bus. APSRTC bus fare from Kakinada to
Visakhapatnam ranges from INR 150 to INR 250. The bus also stops at rest points so that you can have food.
Boarding and Dropping Points
The boarding points on this route for APSRTC buses are as follows:
- Sarpavaram Junction-KKD
- Achampet Junction-KKD
- Bhanugudi Junction
The dropping points in Visakhapatnam for APSRTC buses are mentioned
- Old Gajuwaka
- VSP Maddilapalem City Bus Station
- RTC Complex
- Maddilapalem Highway
You can filter boarding and dropping points according to your preferences via the redBus application/website. You can also check the timings of departure of APSRTC buses from different boarding points and the timings of the arrival of APSRTC buses at different drop points.
Safety Measures Followed on APSRTC Buses during COVID-19
APSRTC is strict in terms of guidelines taken for the safety of passengers. They follow the travel guidelines laid by the Indian government. redBus also has launched a new feature in the wake of the Covid-19 scenario, i.e. Safety+ feature. The buses marked with Safety+ on the redBus application/website follow many safety measures to ensure the safe travel of their passengers. The measures taken against Covid-19 by APSRTC buses are as follows:
- The buses are deep cleaned at proper intervals.
- The staff of APSRTC is well trained and equipped with masks.
- Hand sanitisers and regular temperature checking facilities are also available on APSRTC buses. It is ensured that a biological bubble is formed and an infected person is not allowed to board the bus.
- Due to the Covid-19 scenario, no blankets are provided via the operator, the passengers are requested to bring their blankets to avoid any infection.
Popular Routes of APSRTC (Kakinada, Visakhapatnam)
There are many tourist attractions/pilgrimage sites in Kakinada and Visakhapatnam. Let us see some popular routes from Kakinada & frequently travelled routes to Visakhapatnam.
Popular routes from Kakinada:
- Kakinada to Gajuwaka
- Kakinada to Vijayawada
- Kakinada to Hanuman Junction
Popular routes to Visakhapatnam:
- Rajahmundry to Visakhapatnam
- Vijayawada to Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad to Visakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam has a rich heritage and is a city of historical importance. It takes around four hours to reach Visakhapatnam from Kakinada. The distance between the two cities is about 153 KM. The first bus to Visakhapatnam leaves from Kakinada around 12:15 AM and the last bus leaves from Kakinada around 11:30 PM. There are a lot of APSRTC buses that operate on this route, helping passengers to travel at any hour. Visakhapatnam is famous for its tourist attractions/pilgrimage sites like Kailasagiri, Katiki Waterfalls, Rishikonda Beach, Dolphin’s Nose, etc.
How to travel on an APSRTC bus from Kakinada to Visakhapatnam?
redBus provides a rich interface for booking bus tickets online. One can filter searches via redBus and find specific buses like you can check APSRTC
AC bus timings from Kakinada to Visakhapatnam. The process to book a ticket via redBus is as
- Open the redBus mobile application/website and enter the source and destination city in ‘From’ & ‘To’ sections visible on the interface. Select your date of journey and click on ‘Search’.
- A complete list of buses available on your selected route will be shown to you. Select your preferred bus from APSRTC and move to the seat layout page. You will be notified about the booked seats via the interface.
- Select your preferred seat and enter your name and contact information on the next page.
- You can make the payment via credit/debit cards, e-wallets, etc. The payment process is fully secured. One can apply coupon code to avail discount. You will receive your m-ticket via SMS/mail after the completion of payment.