WBTC Online Reservation
WBTC comes under the Government of India and the Right to Information Act, which highlights its transparency. It has completed seventy plus years of service. The Calcutta State Transport Corporation (CSTC) was also merged with WBTC. At present, the WBTC has a fleet of over 1300 buses that includes 400 plus air-conditioned buses. WBTC also provided ferry services throughout the state for tourists and travellers.
WBTC spend over 9 crores of money to establish an On-Bus Intelligent Transport System (OBITS), Automatic Fare Collection System (AFCS), where the passengers were provided with a smart card. In this budget of over 9 crores, they also developed an application called Pathadisha for information on buses. They have also indulge themselves in safety campaigns like Safe Drive Save Life and were also a part of the famous Green Movement in India.
Amenities on WBTC
WBTC provides all the basic amenities for passengers. It also provides comfortable seats and luxurious facilities on some of its luxurious buses. They are also known for their fast and frequent service across the state. The amenities provided by WBTC are as follows:
- Water bottle
- Charging point
- Studying light
- Dedicated application and emergency support system
- OBITS & AFCS
Popular Travel Routes
WBTC buses cover a total of 49 routes (approximately) across the state on a daily basis. It covers many major cities and tourist hotspots, some of the popular routes covered by WBTC buses are as follows:
- Calcutta to Digha
- Digha to Calcutta
- Mandarmani to Calcutta
- Calcutta to Nandigram
- Bakkhali to Calcutta
- Calcutta to Bakkhali
- Calcutta to Mandarmani
Types of WBTC Buses
WBTC runs various types of buses with different fares. Anyone can book tickets according to his/her requirements. The types of buses run by WBTC are as follows:
- Ordinary buses are not air-conditioned and come with 2+3 seats. They have very minimal fares but are equipped with a smart location display on screen for the convenience of the passengers.
- Air-conditioned buses with 2+3 seating layout with comfortable seats at a very economical price. This type of bus does not contain any sleeper seats.
- Air-conditioned buses with more space and adjustable seats. The buses are seater buses with a 2+2 seating layout. There are not any sleeper seats as the buses run only in West Bengal. However, the seats are luxurious and spacy. They are also preferred for a fast and safe journey from source to destination.
Popular Cities Covered
WBTC covers many cities throughout West Bengal and the neighbouring states. Below is a list of the top cities covered by WBTC bus:
Popular Pilgrimage Destinations with WBTC
West Bengal is famous for pilgrimage sites. There are many cities like Mayapur, Navadvipa, Midnapore, Siliguri, Sagardwip, etc. which are visited by pilgrimage seekers. There are many beautiful places of interest like The Land of Krishna Devotion in Navadvipa, Salugara Monastery, and ISKCON temple in Siliguri, heritage sites in Midnapore, etc.
The Ganga Sagar Mela is conducted every year in West Bengal. WBTC plays a huge role in the conveyance of the visitors. More than two lakh tickets were sold by WBTC in the Ganga Sagar Mela 2020. WBTC has worked for a lot of years and has proved itself time and again.
How to Book a WBTC Bus on redBus
One can book a WBTC bus through the redBus mobile application or via redBus website. One does not need to ‘sing in’ in order to book a ticket. Follow the below-mentioned steps for WBTC bus booking via redBus:
- Enter the name of your source city and destination in the ‘From’ and ‘To’ section visible on the screen.
- After entering the source and destination details, fill the date of the journey.
- Click the ‘Search’ button after selecting your preferred date of journey.
- You will be seeing a complete list of buses available on your selected date & cities.
- Use the ‘filters’ on the right-hand side to filter the bus options down to only WBTC buses. Select your preferred bus by comparing the time of departure, boarding point, fare.
- Click on your selected bus and select your seat from the previewed seat layout. You will be notified which seats are vacant and which seats are booked.
- Click on ‘Proceed to Book’.
- Fill your personal details like name, age, gender, etc. on the next page.
- Fill your contact information.
- Apply coupon code If any for a discount in your total fare.
- Jump to the payment page which is secured and provides multiple payment options like Debit card, Credit card, redBus wallet, etc.
- You will be mailed an e-ticket of your WBTC online containing all the details of your booking. You can track the boarding point of your bus through the redBus application and can track the live movement of your bus.
Safety Measures Followed on WBTCs during COVID-19
In the wake of COVID-19, a lot of initiatives are being taken by WBTC to ensure safe travel. There are several added facilities and measures which are implemented without any effect on the bus fare. The safety measures are as follows:
- Thermal screening of passengers will be done before they board the bus in order to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- The staff members are fully checked and are free of any infection. The staff members always wear a mask.
- Sanitizers and hand wash are provided by the operator during the journey to the passengers.
- The buses of WBTC avoid unnecessary stops and are sanitized from time to time.
- All the guidelines form the Government of India and the state government are strictly followed.
- Blankets are removed from the basic amenities in order to stop the infection; passengers are requested to bring their own blankets.
- Passengers are also requested to wear a mask and support in all the safety measures taken for their own good by WBTC.