Chandigarh Bus Tickets
Chandigarh is a charming city. It has beautiful roads. A lot of people visit Chandigarh because of some unique parks present in the city, like the famous Rock Garden. Chandigarh also has gorgeous resorts where you can get away on the weekend and spend some quality time with your friends and family. The town is exceptionally well maintained and clean. You can easily book a bus to Chandigarh using the redBus app. Buses booked via redBus are incredibly comfortable and are an excellent value for your money.
Important routes to and from Chandigarh
Chandigarh is a significant city in North India. A bus from Chandigarh will take you to nearby cities. You can also take a bus to Chandigarh from the nearby cities. Some of the popular Chandigarh routes taken by different buses are:
- Chandigarh to Delhi: The distance between Chandigarh and Delhi is about 245 kilometres and a bus takes around 4.5 hours to reach Delhi from Chandigarh. The base fare for the same is around Rs. 350.
- Chandigarh to Manali: Both of these cities are about 288 kilometres apart and it takes around 7 hours to reach Manali from Chandigarh. The average fare is about Rs.950.
- Chandigarh to Kullu: Chandigarh is approximately 249 kilometres away from Kullu and this distance is covered by a Chandigarh bus in 7 hours. A normal ticket would cost you around Rs.1100.
- Chandigarh to Jaipur: In order to reach Jaipur from Chandigarh, you will have to cover the distance of 517 kilometres. This distance can be covered in about 8.5 hours. A ticket would cost you somewhere around Rs.800.
- Chandigarh to Bhuntar: Bhuntar is 240 kilometres away from Chandigarh and it will take you around 6.5 hours to reach there. A ticket to Bhuntar from Chandigarh will cost you around Rs.1200.
You can also take a bus to Chandigarh from the destinations mentioned above. You can easily book Chandigarh bus tickets using the redBus app.
Popular buses to and from Chandigarh
Chandigarh has some outstanding bus service providers. A bus to Chandigarh can be booked from any of the top-level bus service providers. Some of the popular bus service providers are as follows:
Address in the city: Shri Nath Plaza, Opp Bus Stand, Rewari Road, Narnaul, Haryana
Contact No: 082959 23061
Minimum Ticket Price: Rs.550
Address in the city: SCO-301, Sector 12, Panchkula, Haryana
Minimum Ticket Price: Rs. 600
Address in the city: Booth no 61, Near Bassi Theatre, Phase 2, Sector 54, Chandigarh
Contact No: 9891795545
Minimum Ticket Price: Rs. 400
Address in the city: PRTC Workshop Road, Ludhiana, Punjab
Contact No: 9041190411
Minimum Ticket Price: Rs. 250
These are some of the best operators who are functional in Chandigarh. A Chandigarh bus can be taken from any of these operators.
Boarding and Dropping Points
You can take a bus to Chandigarh and get down at a convenient spot. You can also board a bus from Chandigarh to reach other cities. There are multiple pickups and drop off points in the town of Chandigarh. You can take a Chandigarh bus from these points or get down on these points. Some of these boarding points are:
- Petrol Pump
- Airport Chowk
- Sector 43
- Majri Chowk
There are several other stops too. You can choose one according to your convenience while booking a Chandigarh bus.
Important places to visit in Chandigarh
Chandigarh is a newly built city. It also serves as the capital of two different and significant states. A lot of places are made for the recreation of tourists and visitors. Chandigarh is also known to have well-built roads which improve its connectivity with other states. Therefore, you can book a bus to Chandigarh from nearby cities using the redBus app. Some of the important places that can be visited while you are in Chandigarh are:
- Rose Garden: The Rose Garden is quite centrally located. You can experience the beauty of nature and the rich fauna here. There are several exquisite flowers in this rose garden. This place is loved by nature enthusiasts.
- The Rock Garden: The Rock Garden of Chandigarh is quite famous as it is made by 100% recyclable waste. This makes the garden unique. The Rock Garden of Chandigarh is also considered to be a symbol of creativity. Sculptures here are made of urban and industrial wastes.
- Sukhna Lake: The Sukhna Lake has become a top-rated excursion site for the locals as well as the tourists visiting Chandigarh. People who are also looking for a calm place to collect their thoughts can visit Sukhna Lake.
- Government Museum and Art Gallery: This museum is quite ancient. It is a museum on natural history. Various art forms are also displayed in the museum, and you must visit the place if you are in Chandigarh.
Chandigarh Covid-19 Travel Guidelines
Passengers traveling to Chandigarh need to follow certain guidelines due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Even when the nationwide lockdown is over, the state governments have been releasing new travel guidelines in order to curb the spread of Coronavirus considering the recent spike of Covid-19 cases. Those looking to travel to Chandigarh must consider the following guidelines:
- Lockdown has been extended in Chandigarh until 9th June.
- There is a night curfew in place from 6 pm to 5 am on weekdays and weekend curfew from Friday, 6 pm to Monday, 5 am.
- The government has also made it mandatory for people to get an e-pass for movement within the state.
- The e-pass can be obtained from saralharyana.gov.in site.
Is it safe to visit Chandigarh right now?
The number of COVID-19 cases is rapidly declining in Chandigarh. There are about 45,000 cases in the city out of which about 40,000 people have recovered successfully. You can take a bus to Chandigarh without any hassle. You can also take a bus from Chandigarh to visit the nearby cities. The Safety+ option on the redBus app guarantees that the bus you are choosing adheres to all the guidelines laid down by the Government. The buses are disinfected now and then. Wearing a mask is compulsory when you are on the bus. You can also check the COVID-19 updates of Chandigarh using the redBus app.
A Chandigarh bus can be quickly booked using the redBus app. Buses are now following all the social distancing norms and are relatively safe for travel.