Chandigarh is the capital city of the Indian states of Punjab and Haryana. It is a planned city designed by the famous French architect Le Corbusier and is known for its modernist architecture and urban design. Chandigarh is located in the northwest region of India, at the foothills of the Shivalik Range of the Himalayas. It is known for its well-planned layout, tree-lined boulevards, and many parks and gardens. The city has many educational and research institutions and cultural and recreational attractions. Some notable landmarks in Chandigarh include the Rock Garden, the Rose Garden, and the Sukhna Lake.
Chandigarh also has gorgeous resorts where you can get away on the weekend and spend quality time with your friends and family. The town is exceptionally well-maintained and clean. You can easily book a bus to Chandigarh using the redBus app. Buses booked via redBus are incredibly comfortable and are an excellent value for your money.
Important routes to and from Chandigarh
Chandigarh is a significant city in North India. A bus from Chandigarh will take you to nearby cities. You can also take a bus to Chandigarh from the nearby cities. Some of the popular Chandigarh routes taken by different buses are:
- Chandigarh to Delhi: The distance between Chandigarh and Delhi is about 245 kilometres, and a bus takes around 4.5 hours to reach Delhi from Chandigarh. The base fare for the same is around Rs. 350.
- Chandigarh to Manali: These cities are about 288 kilometres apart, and it takes around 7 hours to reach Manali from Chandigarh. The average fare is about Rs.950.
- Chandigarh to Kullu: Chandigarh is approximately 249 kilometres away from Kullu, which is covered by a Chandigarh bus in 7 hours. A normal ticket would cost you around Rs.1100.
- Chandigarh to Jaipur: To reach Jaipur from Chandigarh, you must cover a distance of 517 kilometres. This distance can be covered in about 8.5 hours. Therefore, a ticket would cost you somewhere around Rs.800.
- Chandigarh to Bhuntar: Bhuntar is 240 kilometres away from Chandigarh, and it will take you around 6.5 hours to reach there. A ticket to Bhuntar from Chandigarh will cost you around Rs.1200.
You can also take a bus to Chandigarh from the destinations mentioned above. You can easily book Chandigarh bus tickets using the redBus app.
Popular buses to and from Chandigarh
Chandigarh has some outstanding bus service providers. Any top-level bus service provider can book a bus to Chandigarh. Some of the popular bus service providers are as follows:
Address in the city: Shri Nath Plaza, Opp Bus Stand, Rewari Road, Narnaul, Haryana
Contact No: 082959 23061
Minimum Ticket Price: Rs.550
Address in the city: SCO-301, Sector 12, Panchkula, Haryana
Minimum Ticket Price: Rs. 600
Address in the city: Booth no 61, Near Bassi Theatre, Phase 2, Sector 54, Chandigarh
Contact No: 9891795545
Minimum Ticket Price: Rs. 400
Address in the city: PRTC Workshop Road, Ludhiana, Punjab
Contact No: 9041190411
Minimum Ticket Price: Rs. 250
These are some of the best operators who are functional in Chandigarh. A Chandigarh bus can be taken from any of these operators.
Boarding and Dropping Points
You can take a bus to Chandigarh and get down to a convenient spot. You can also board a bus from Chandigarh to reach other cities. There are multiple pickup and drop-off points in the town of Chandigarh. You can take a Chandigarh bus from these points or get down on these points. Some of these boarding points are:
- Petrol Pump
- Airport Chowk
- Sector 43
- Majri Chowk
There are several other stops too. You can choose one according to your convenience while booking a Chandigarh bus.
Important places to visit in Chandigarh
Chandigarh is a newly built city. It also serves as the capital of two different and significant states. Therefore, many places are made for the recreation of tourists and visitors. Chandigarh also has well-built roads, which improve its connectivity with other states. Consequently, you can book a bus to Chandigarh from nearby cities using the redBus app. There are many exciting places to visit in Chandigarh, including:
- Rock Garden: This is a popular tourist attraction that features sculptures made from recycled materials, such as stones, pipes, and broken ceramic. It was created by Nek Chand, a government official, and has become a popular destination for tourists.
- Rose Garden: Located in Sector 16, this garden is home to an extensive collection of roses and is a popular spot for picnics and outdoor events.
- Sukhna Lake: This man-made lake is famous for boating, picnics, and birdwatching. It is surrounded by a beautiful park and is a popular spot for morning and evening walks.
- Open Hand Monument: This is a unique sculpture designed by Le Corbusier that represents the idea of "openness to give and receive." It is located in the Capitol Complex and is a popular spot for tourists to visit.
- Zakir Hussain Rose Garden: This is Asia's most extensive rose garden and is home to over 50,000 varieties. It is a popular spot for visitors to see various beautiful flowers.
- Chandigarh Museum: This museum is located in Sector 10 and features a collection of art, artefacts, and historical items that showcase the city's history and culture.
- Nek Chand's Rock Garden: This is a popular tourist attraction that features sculptures made from recycled materials, such as stones, pipes, and broken ceramic. It was created by Nek Chand, a government official, and has become a popular destination for tourists.
- The Capitol: The Capitol is a complex of government buildings designed by Le Corbusier and includes the High Court, the Legislative Assembly, and the Secretariat. The complex is a popular spot for tourists and is known for its modernist architecture.