Guwahati Bus Tickets
Guwahati is one of the most important places in North-East India. People from the nearby states take a Guwahati bus to reach this city. A lot of people visit Assam to see the spectacular view of the tea gardens there. Guwahati is one such place where people feel comfortable and at ease. A bus to Guwahati can be quickly booked using the redBus app.
Important routes to and from Guwahati
A bus to Guwahati can be taken from different cities. A bus from Guwahati will drop you in other cities. These buses take some popular routes to and from Guwahati. Some of these important routes are listed below:
- Guwahati to Jorhat: Jorhat is about 301 kilometres away from Guwahati. A bus from Guwahati will take about 7.5 hours to reach Jorhat. A ticket to Jorhat will cost you somewhere around Rs. 400.
- Guwahati to Sibsagar: Sibsagar is a small town of Assam which is situated about 370 kilometres away from Guwahati. A bus to Guwahati will reach in about 8.5 hours once it leaves Sibsagar. The average price of the ticket would be somewhere around Rs. 500.
- Guwahati to Dergaon: Dergaon is about 287 kilometres away from Guwahati. A Guwahati bus would cover this distance in approximately 6 hours 45 minutes. A ticket to Guwahati from Dergaon will cost you around Rs. 380
- Guwahati to Dibrugarh: Dibrugarh is a popular place in Assam. It is about 448 kilometres away from Guwahati, and this distance can be travelled by a Guwahati bus in about 10.5 hours. You can buy a ticket for around Rs. 600.
- Guwahati to Moran: Moran is situated at a distance of about 410 kilometres from Guwahati. This distance can be covered in about 9 hours and 17 minutes. The average price of the ticket would be around Rs. 540.
There are other popular routes too. The complete list can be checked on the redBus app.
Popular buses to and from Guwahati
Guwahati is known for having several bus service operators. You can choose one based on your requirements. Some of the popular bus service providers are:
- Address in the city: Assam State Transport Corporation, Paltan Bazaar, Guwahati.
Phone Number: 1800 3453986
Minimum fare: Rs.400
- Address in the city: Ajanta Path, Beltola Tiniali, Guwahati, Assam
Contact Number: NA
Minimum fare: Rs. 380
- Address in the city: HP Brahmachari Road, Paltan Bazaar, Guwahati, Assam
Contact Number: 8811018537
Minimum fare: Rs. 400
- Address in the city: Noonmati, Guwahati GPO, Guwahati, Assam
Contact Number: 3612659080
Minimum fare: Rs. 485
- Address in the city: AT Road, Jorhat HO, Jorhat
Contact Number: 9435050924
Minimum fare: Rs. 460
Listed above are the ones which are quite popular. There are other operators too. You can check them out on the redBus app and book your Guwahati bus.
Boarding and Dropping Points
Guwahati has several boarding as well as dropping points for the convenience of the passengers. You can choose one that might be near to where you are stationed or to a place where you want to go. The boarding points for a bus from Guwahati are as follows:
- Guwahati Paltan Bazaar
- Basistha Chariali
- Game Village
- Guwahati ISBT
- ASTC Bus Stand
There are several other bus stations too. You can get down at the same spots in case you take a bus to Guwahati.
Important places to visit in Guwahati
Guwahati is one of the most splendid places in north-east India. You can take a bus to Guwahati to visit these gorgeous places. You can then book a bus from Guwahati to come back to your source city using the redBus app. Some must-visit areas of Guwahati are as follows:
- Umananda Temple: Situated in the middle of the river Brahmaputra, this temple is also called the Red Temple because of its colour. A lot of people again go for boating and other relaxing activities there. A bus to Guwahati can be taken if you want to visit this well-known temple.
- Kamakhya Temple: Guwahati is also known for several temples. Kamakhya Temple is a unique temple of this place. A lot of people also see it as a famous shrine. These temples are located on the Nilachal Hills. After exploring these temples, you can take a bus from Guwahati to go back.
- Umananda Islands: Islands are a significant part of Guwahati, and Umananda Island is a substantial island to Guwahati. It is also known as the smallest river island in the world. It is known to be a place where wilderness and humanity co-exists. A Guwahati bus will drop you at the land, and you can then take a boat to reach the island.
- Hajo: It is an ancient pilgrim centre for three prominent Indian religions: Buddhists, Hindus and Muslims. Various shrines can also be seen at Hajo. You can take a bus to Guwahati to visit this place of cultural importance.
There are a lot of other places in Guwahati that can be visited by passengers too. You can take a bus to Guwahati and explore the city.
Is it safe to visit Guwahati right now?
Assam has 28,400 active COVID-19 cases currently out of which about 15% cases are from Guwahati. The number of cases is actively declining to create a favourable condition for people to travel. A bus to Guwahati can be quickly booked using the redBus app. A Guwahati bus can be easily used by all passengers who want to travel to the city for various reasons. Also, with the redBus app, the passengers can keep checking the number of cases in Guwahati. This feature of the app makes life convenient for all passengers who travel with fear.
A bus to Guwahati is a very cheap and convenient way for people to travel during Covid times. Guwahati bus tickets can be quickly booked using the redBus app, and you can then take on the journey to Guwahati.