South Bengal State Transport Corporation (SBSTC) Online Reservation
South Bengal State Transport Corporation was founded on 1st August in the year 1963. Since that time the SBSTC has its headquarters in Durgapur, West Bengal. It was initiated with a motive of providing a smooth and comfortable journey to the people living in Durgapur. In its initial stage, SBSTC just had eight buses and over the time its operations got accelerated at a high pace, and currently, SBSTC holds a fleet of 661 buses.
SBSTC buses connect all major cities and towns adjoining South Bengal and West Bengal and facilitate the passengers by providing extraordinarily comfortable and hassle-free travel. SBSTC buses cover approximately 2,747 routes daily. SBSTC online bus tickets can be booked quickly by using redBus application.
Amenities on SBSTC buses
SBSTC has marked its excellence in providing a smooth and comfortable journey to its passengers. It ensures that all the amenities are provided to the passengers while travelling. Some of the amenities offered by a SBSTC bus are listed below:
- Charging Points
- First-Aid Facility
- CCTV Cameras
- Comfortable seats
Considering the current scenario of Covid-19 pandemic, SBSTC is taking all the measures to ensure the safety of its passengers by providing a regular supply of hand sanitizers and proper deep cleansing of the buses daily. Details of these amenities can be checked while making an SBSTC online booking through redBus.
Popular Travel Routes
SBSTC covers a wide range of cities and towns providing a vast network of its buses to its passengers. Some of the cities and towns that are covered by the buses of SBSTC are Suri, Habra, Barrackpore, Futishanko, Asansol, Durgapur, Kolkata, Singur, Gobindapur, Bardhaman, Arambagh, Suri, Purulia, Digha, Medinipur, Bankura, Haldia etc. The most popular routes covered by SBSTC buses are listed as follows:
- Kolkata to Burdwan
- Kolkata to Durgapur
- Durgapur to Kolkata
- Digha to Kolkata
- Burdwan to Kolkata
A bus for any of these routes or cities can be booked quickly by using the redBus application, and passengers can easily select the boarding and dropping points through the app itself. Timings and availability can be checked while making an SBSTC online booking through the redBus app.
Types of SBSTC Buses
SBSTC has a fleet of 661 buses that cover a large part of West Bengal and South Bengal. The fleet has various types of buses which may be chosen depending upon the facilities required and the price paid. Every type of SBSTC bus is available on the redBus application. Their availability, timings, and ticket prices are available on the redBus app. An SBSTC bus can be of following types:
- Limited Stop Service: These are the buses that run directly from one point to another without many stoppages on its way. It is basically for the people who wish to travel on long routes without many stops.
- Express Service: These buses can be easily booked on the redBus app for all its routes.
- Non-stop Service: These are the buses that just run from the boarding point to the destination point without any stays on its way.
- Standard AC: These are the buses which are a bit below the Premium AC buses and are a bit cheaper as compared to them.
- Premium AC: This type of SBSTC bus is considered to be the most luxurious one. These are entirely air-conditioned with many more amenities added.
SBSTC bus booking for any seat, timing, and any day can be made through the redBus application.
Popular Cities Covered
SBSTC connects various cities of South Bengal and West Bengal by forming a network through its buses. Major cities covered by SBSTC are listed below:
Buses for any of these cities can be booked through SBSTC online booking through the redBus app.
Popular Pilgrimage Destinations with SBSTC
SBSTC makes it very convenient for its passengers to travel to some famous places and tourist attractions. South Bengal is very famous for an area known as Gangasagar, which is not only a tourist attraction but also one of the major pilgrimage destinations of Bengal. SBSTC has special routes specifically for these pilgrimages. SBSTC online booking for these particular locations can be made on the redBus application, and details regarding these buses are also available on redBus app itself.
How to Book a WBTC (CTC) bus on redBus?
RedBus has all the answers to the questions related to bus booking and travel. SBSTC online booking through the redBus application is not at all an arduous task. The tickets can be booked either through the application of redBus or the official website of redBus. Following instructions need to be followed for a hassle-free SBSTC online booking:
- For SBSTC online bus booking open the redBus application or sign in to the official website of redBus.
- Fill in the Source location and the destination location in the space provided as ‘From’ and ‘To’.
- Fill in the Date of travel to narrow the span of the search.
- After pressing the “Search” button, all the possible routes available for the particular locations will be displayed on the screen.
- Select any other features or amenities that you want to add.
- Select the type of bus and filter your search.
- Select the preferred SBSTC bus and book the ticket.
- Once the SBSTC booking has been made to pay the money, choose the desired payment method.