Visakhapatnam, also known as Vizag, is a city in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is located on the eastern coast of India, about 625 kilometres southeast of the state capital of Amaravati. Vizag is the largest city in Andhra Pradesh and the financial and economic hub of the state. It is also an important port city, home to many industries, including steel, shipbuilding, and pharmaceuticals.
Vizag has a long history, with evidence of human habitation dating back to the 2nd century BCE. It has a mix of modern and ancient cultural influences and is known for its beautiful beaches, temples, and hills. The city is also home to several educational institutions and has a thriving arts and culture scene. One can easily book a bus and enjoy the beauty of the town.
Important routes to and from Visakhapatnam
A bus to Visakhapatnam can be quickly booked using the redBus app. Likewise, a bus from Visakhapatnam can be taken if you want to travel to the nearby Southern cities. In addition, several essential routes can be taken to and from Visakhapatnam. Some of these routes are:
- Visakhapatnam to Vijayawada: Both of these cities are pretty well known. Visakhapatnam is about 350 kilometres far from Vijayawada. A bus from Visakhapatnam might take about 8 hours to reach Vijayawada. A ticket to Vijayawada would start from Rs.400.
- Visakhapatnam to Hyderabad: This route is taken by a lot of passengers. The two cities are 620 kilometres apart. A Visakhapatnam bus would take about 13 hours to reach Hyderabad, and a ticket can be bought for about Rs. 1000.
- Visakhapatnam to Guntur: Guntur is about 385 kilometres away from Visakhapatnam. A bus from Visakhapatnam would take somewhere around 8.5 hours to reach Guntur. So you might have to spend about Rs. 750 to get to Guntur from Visakhapatnam.
There are other popular routes too. You can check out the redBus app for a comprehensive list of routes, distances, fares, etc.
Popular buses to and from Visakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam is a popular destination and has several bus service providers. Passengers can choose one based on their preference and the amenities a particular bus service provider provides. You can take a bus to Visakhapatnam from any of the popular bus stations given below:
Address in the city: Bus Bhavan, VST Road, RTC X Roads, Hyderabad
Contact Number: 040 27611122
Minimum fare: Rs. 400
Address in the city: Shop no 1, Rayudu Plaza, Pudimadaka Road, Bypass Junction, Anakapalle, Andhra Pradesh
Contact Number: 9133999831
Minimum fare: Rs. 350
Address in the city: Mayuri Travels Complex, Near Rama Talkies, Visakhapatnam
Contact Number: 9246460666
Minimum fare: Rs. 420
Address in the city: Ground Floor, TP Area, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
Contact Number: 9000927149
Minimum fare: Rs. 700
Address in the city: Vivekananda Street, Allipuram, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Contact Number: 8019858555
Minimum fare: Rs. 500
You can book a bus from Visakhapatnam from any of the bus service providers stated above.
Boarding and Dropping Points
Visakhapatnam is a major industrial city. Therefore, a lot of people travel to Visakhapatnam from nearby towns. This increases the demand for convenient bus stops from where you can take a bus from Visakhapatnam to the nearby cities, or you can get down from a bus to Visakhapatnam and then take on your errands. Some popular boarding and dropping points of a Visakhapatnam bus are as follows:
- Birla Center
- Dwarka Nagar
- Birla Center
There are several other bus stations in Visakhapatnam too. You can pick one while booking your bus from Visakhapatnam or a bus to Visakhapatnam using the redBus mobile app.
Important places to visit in Visakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam has been known to be a popular port for ages now. It is also known for its pleasing climate and green beaches. You can take a Visakhapatnam bus from the nearby cities to reach the port and explore the city in and out. Some popular places which you can visit while you are in Visakhapatnam are as follows:
There are many exciting places to visit in Vizag, including:
- RK Beach: This famous beach is located in the heart of the city and is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and walking.
- Kailasagiri Hill Park: This park is located on a hill overlooking the city and offers panoramic views of the Bay of Bengal. It has gardens, a children's playground, and a cable car ride.
- INS Kurusura Submarine Museum: This museum is located on the beach and features a decommissioned submarine that has been converted into a museum. Visitors can take a tour of the submarine and learn about its history.
- Araku Valley: This beautiful hill station is located about 115 kilometres from Vizag and is known for its scenic beauty, waterfalls, and tribal villages.
- Borra Caves: These natural limestone caves are located about 140 kilometres from Vizag and are known for their stalactite and stalagmite formations. Borra Caves are spectacular. These caves are formed from stalactite and stalagmite. Many people take a bus to Visakhapatnam to visit these beautiful cafes. These caves are about 1400 metres above sea level.
- Simhachalam Temple: This temple is located about 20 kilometres from Vizag and is dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu. It is known for its beautiful architecture and is a popular place for pilgrims.
- Rishikonda Beach: This beach is located about 8 kilometres from Vizag and is known for its clean sand and clear water. It is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Katiki Waterfalls: Waterfalls enhance the beauty of all kinds of places. Therefore, they act as beautiful getaways for common folks. There are about 100 steps and a trek of about 2 kilometres once you reach Katiki. You can then take a bus from Visakhapatnam to return to your source city.
- Kambalakonda Wildlife Sanctuary: This wildlife sanctuary is situated on the outskirts of the city of Visakhapatnam. The seasonal forests are at their natural best in this wildlife sanctuary. You can take a bus to Visakhapatnam to visit and experience these beautiful evergreen meadows.
You can easily book Visakhapatnam bus tickets using the redBus app if you want to visit Visakhapatnam and enjoy your stay there.
Visakhapatnam is a very popularly travelled city. A bus to Visakhapatnam is the best way to commute to the city. You can also return to your source city via a bus from Visakhapatnam, which you can book using the redBus app.