Bangalore (Bengaluru) Bus Tickets
The capital city of Karnataka is heavily populated and bus services are an important means of transportation in and around the city. Besides being one of the biggest IT exporters in the country, Bengaluru also has many ancient & modern tourist attractions. Let us see more details about Bengaluru bus services.
Important Routes to and From Bengaluru
Some of the prominent bus routes from Bengaluru are as follows:
- Bengaluru to Hubli: Bengaluru is around 410 KM far from Hubli and it takes around 7 hours to cover this route by bus. The starting fare of buses on this route is INR 399.
- Bengaluru to Tirupati: The distance between these two cities is 247 KM and it takes around five hours to cover this route by bus. The starting fare of buses on this route is INR 269.
- Bengaluru to Salem: Bengaluru is around 204 KM far from Salem (Tamil Nadu) and it takes approximately four hours to cover this route by bus. The fare of buses on this route starts from INR 400.
Some of the popular routes to Bengaluru are as follows:
- Coimbatore to Bengaluru: The road distance from Bengaluru to Coimbatore is 364 KM and it takes around 7 hours to cover this route by bus. The starting fare of a bus to Bengaluru from Coimbatore on this route starts from INR 468.
- Hyderabad to Bengaluru: Hyderabad is around 568 KM far from Bengaluru and it takes approximately ten hours to cover this route by bus. The bus fare on this route starts from INR 600.
- Chennai to Bengaluru: Chennai is located at a distance of 347 KM from Bengaluru and it takes 6-7 hours to cover this route by bus. The starting fare of a bus to Bengaluru from Chennai is INR 400.
Popular Buses to and From Bengaluru
Some of the popular buses & operators servicing Bengaluru are as follows:
Address in the city: Underpass Hosur Road, Madiwala, Karnataka, 576201.
Contact Number: 9487157777
Average Ticket Price: INR 445
PMD Travels provides bus services to many cities from Bengaluru like Chennai, Vellore, Krishnagiri, Ambur, etc. including buses for a return trip. They provide various bus amenities like a charging point, reading point, emergency contact system, etc.
Address in the city: No. 46, Second Street, Balaji Nagar, Phase 3, Sathuvachari, Vellore.
Contact Number: 9787513999
Average Ticket Price: INR 1281
GRS Travels provide bus services from Bengaluru to many cities like Chennai, Hosur, Vellore, Kanchipuram, Krishnagiri, etc. including buses for a return trip. They provide basic bus amenities like a pillow, CCTV, hammer (to break glass), etc.
Address in the city: No. 1693, H Block, 3rd Floor, 15th Street, 13th Main Road, Anna Nagar West, Chennai.
Contact Number: 7824001000
Average Ticket Price: INR 498.75
This operator provides buses from Bengaluru to various cities like Chennai, Krishnagiri, Vellore, Vaniyambadi, Ambur, Hosur, etc. including buses for a return trip. They provide various amenities on-board like a meal, toilet, emergency contact system, etc.
Address in the city: Shop No. 12, Rajasa Enclave, Nr. Wonder City, Katraj, Pune.
Contact Number: 9657974706
Average Ticket Price: INR 1000
Blueline Tours and Travels provide bus services to various cities from Bengaluru like Pune, Dharwad, Hubli, Belagavi, Karad, Satara, etc. including buses for a return trip. They provide various amenities like an air conditioner, charging point, reading light, etc.
Address in the city: K.H. Road, Shanthi Nagar, Bangalore, 560027.
Contact Number: 9986827383
Average Ticket Price: INR 499.
SJS Travels has a number of buses travelling from Bengaluru to many cities like Goa, Hubli, Kozhikode, Kanchipuram, Dharwad, etc. including buses for a return trip. They provide various amenities on-board like a pillow, emergency contact system, reading light, etc.
Boarding and Dropping Points
Some of the major boarding points of Bengaluru buses are:
- Airport Toll Gate
- Huskur Gate
- JP Nagara
- ITI Gate
- Kamath Workshop
- Maruthi Circle
Some of the major dropping points of Bengaluru buses are:
- 8th Mile
- 10th Mile
- Devanahalli Airport
- KEB Circle Hoskote
- Anand Rao Circle
- Opposite to Ananth Arcot
- Huskur Gate
You can get to the aforementioned bus points from the city center via a metro, local bus, taxi, auto, cab, etc. The Bengaluru transportation system is fast and convenient.
Important Locations to visit
- Bengaluru Palace: This palace is owned by the Mysore Royal family and is enclosed by beautiful gardens.
- Cubbon Park: This park is spread across 300 acres and is a great place for nature lovers. It also consists of the Bengaluru Aquarium which is the second largest aquarium in India.
- Ulsoor Lake: This is a great spot for picnics and boating. It is said that this lake was built in the second century.
- Nandi Hills: This is one of the most trekked hills of South India. It is just 45 KM away from the city center.
Bangalore Covid-19 Travel Guidelines
Passengers traveling to Bangalore need to follow certain travel guidelines due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Even when the nationwide lockdown is over, the respective state governments have issued fresh travel guidelines in order to curb the spread of Coronavirus considering the recent spike of Covid-19 cases. Those looking to travel to Bangalore must take a look at the following guidelines:
- The guidelines will remain in force in the entire state up to 6 am of 27-09-2021, Movement of passengers in buses will be allowed only on displaying valid travel documents/Tickets.
- There will be no weekend curfew in the state.
- The night curfew from 9 pm to 5 am will continue.
- Public transport including buses can operate in the state with 100% occupancy.
- Apart from Maharashtra & Kerala, No RT-PCR required for passengers travelling from other states.
- Guidelines for traveling from Maharashtra & Kerala to Karnataka : Travellers arriving from Kerala & Maharashtra should produce a negative RT - PCR certificate that is not older than 72 hours irrespective of vaccination status.
Is it safe to visit Bengaluru right now?
Bengaluru was badly hit by the COVID-19 pandemic. Karnataka has witnessed more than 29 lakh COVID-19 positive cases to date but the number of infections per day is now decreasing. The transportation system is back on its feet in Bengaluru. redBus also launched a Safety+ feature which ensures that all the safety measures against the COVID-19 pandemic have been taken. Some of the prominent operators in Bengaluru who provide Safety+ buses are Sam Tourist, DreamLiner Travels, Soumya Tours and Travels, etc. You can know more about the COVID-19 situation in Karnataka via the state-wise COVID-19 updates available on redBus.
redBus will provide you Bengaluru buses that are safe to travel amidst the COVID-19 situation. You can compare the service offered by different operators and can choose a Bengaluru bus accordingly via redBus. Book your Bengaluru bus tickets now!