Coimbatore Bus Tickets
Coimbatore is a beautiful city in Tamil Nadu and is surrounded by the Western Ghats. The city is well connected to national highways and bypass roads. Bus services are preferred by commuters in Coimbatore to travel to various other cities. Let us see more details about Coimbatore bus routes.
Important Routes to and From Coimbatore
Some of the major bus routes to Coimbatore are as follows:
- Chennai to Coimbatore: The distance from Chennai to Coimbatore is 510 KM and it will take you approximately 9 hours to cover this route by bus. The starting fare of a bus to Coimbatore from Chennai starts from INR 450.
- Bengaluru to Coimbatore: The road distance between these cities is 352 KM and it takes around 7 hours to cover this route by bus. The fare of a bus to Coimbatore from Bengaluru starts from INR 400.
- Ernakulam to Coimbatore: The distance between these cities is 182 KM and it will take you around 4 hours to cover this route by bus. The fare of a bus to Coimbatore from Ernakulam starts from INR 550.
Some of the prominent bus routes from Coimbatore are as follows:
- Coimbatore to Madurai: The road distance from Coimbatore to Madurai is 213 KM and it takes approximately 5 hours to cover this route by bus. The fare of a bus from Coimbatore to Madurai starts from INR 249.
- Coimbatore to Hosur: The distance between these cities is 327 KM and it takes around 7 hours to cover this route by bus. The fare of a bus from Coimbatore to Hosur starts from INR 323.
- Coimbatore to Bengaluru: The distance from Coimbatore to Bengaluru is around 352 KM and it takes around 7 hours to cover this route by bus. The fare of a bus from Coimbatore to Bangalore starts from INR 450.
Popular Buses to and From Coimbatore
Some of the popular operators in Coimbatore are as follows:
Address in the city: S.E.T.C Bus Stand, Gandhipuram, Coimbatore-641044.
Contact Number: 9513508001
Average Ticket Price: INR 510
TNSTC buses provide conveyance services to many cities from Coimbatore like Bengaluru, Chennai, Tirunelveli, etc. They also provide various amenities on-board like a reading/night lamp, central TV, charging point, etc.
Address in the city: No 64, Forth Layout, Teachers Colony Kolathur, Chennai-600099.
Contact Number: 7299477766, 7299477768
Average Ticket Price: INR 700.
YBM Travels will provide you with bus services from Coimbatore to various cities like Chennai, Villupuram, Attur, etc. They provide various amenities on-board like newspaper, toilet, snacks, pillow, personal TV, etc.
Address in the city: 671, Bodithimmanpalayam, Velusamy Farms, Kuppepalayam Post, SS Kulam, Coimbatore-641107
Contact Number: 7373054397
Average Ticket Price: INR 800
BSP Buses will provide you conveyance services from Coimbatore to various cities like Salem, Chennai, Kanchipuram, Vellore, Melmaruvathur, Krishnagiri, Bengaluru, etc. including buses for return trips. They also provide various bus amenities like CCTV, water bottle, reading light, personal TV, etc.
Address in the city: Roshan Tours and Travels C/O AMS Travels.
Contact Number: 9710585533, 9894491511
Average Ticket Price: INR 699.
Roshan Tours and Travels will provide you with frequent bus services from Chennai to Coimbatore. They also provide amenities on-board like snacks, pillow, charging point, reading light, etc.
Address in the city: 254-A, 2nd Street, Gandhipuram, Coimbatore-641012.
Contact Number: 0422 2490608, 7502382277
Average Ticket Price: INR 800
This operator will provide you with bus services from Coimbatore to various cities like Bengaluru, Hosur, Krishnagiri, Chennai, Salem, Dharmapuri (Tamil Nadu), etc. They also provide various bus amenities like personal TV, video entertainment, charging point, reading light, etc.
Boarding and Dropping Points
Some of the major boarding points in Coimbatore are as follows:
- Airport (Citra)
- Avinashi Bypass
- Agri University
Some of the prominent dropping points for Coimbatore buses are as follows:
- A1 Travels Gandhipuram
- Aloft Hotel
- Anna Statue
- Airport Junction
- AMS Travels
- Chitra Circle
- Fun Mall
You can get an auto, taxi, cab, etc. from the city centre to reach the aforementioned boarding & dropping points. You can also use the redBus bus tracking system to navigate to your boarding point in Coimbatore.
Important Locations to visit
- Vydehi Falls: This magnificent waterfall is one of the prominent natural attractions of Coimbatore. It is situated 22 KM far from the city centre.
- Kovai Kondattam: This amusement park was built by the Tamil actor Vijay and has a lot of fun & adventure rides. It is located 9 KM from the city centre.
- Monkey Falls: This is another beautiful waterfall in Coimbatore city. It is situated 62 KM from the city centre and is one of the best places to visit around Coimbatore.
- VOC Park and Zoo: This amusement park & zoological park is an attractive place for picnics. It is situated just 2 KM from the city centre.
- Isha Yoga Centre: Isha Mahashivratri is one of the biggest annual event where lakhs of people flock at Isha Yoga Centre to be a part of the grand Isha Shivratri celebration.
Is it safe to visit Coimbatore right now?
Tamil Nadu has witnessed more than 7.68 lakh COVID-19 positive cases to date. However, the number of cases per day is decreasing from the past few days and only 12,916 active cases remain in Tamil Nadu. The state government has also resumed transportation services under strict guidelines. You can also travel to different places in Coimbatore by TNSTC (Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation) buses. redBus also has launched a Safety+ feature under which buses take strict measures against the Covid-19 pandemic. Many operators in Coimbatore provide Safety+ buses via redBus like TNSTC, Parveen Travels, YBM Travels, BSP Bus, etc. You can also know about the live COVID-19 situation in Tami Nadu via the state-wise COVID-19 status available on redBus.
redBus is the best platform to do advance booking of bus tickets. You can compare the fare & amenities offered of different buses in Coimbatore and can book accordingly. Book your Coimbatore bus tickets now!