TSRTC Online Reservation
TSRTC stands for the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation The state-owned transport wing was formed in 2014 after splitting from the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC).
TSRTC services three zones– Hyderabad (Hakimpet), Karimnagar (Rampur) and Greater Hyderabad (Uppal)– and spans the 13 regions within these zones. On a daily basis, the TSRTC serves more than 80 lakh (8 million) passengers along more than 3,600 routes. The approximate size of its fleet is 10,460 buses spanning various types and companies. These are operated from 364 bus terminals and approximately 97 depots. In 2016, the RTC won an Award for Excellence in the “Best Bus Transportation” category and also garnered recognition for the highest KMPL fuel efficiency between 2014 and 2015.
The TSRTC services metropolitan cities and towns in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Goa and Maharashtra. It is also linked to bus services in Odisha and Chhattisgarh.
You can make a TSRTC online booking on their website or through redBus– the latter offset discounts and deals that’ll reduce your ticket price by a significant amount.
Amenities on TSRTC
TSRTC buses have a wide range of amenities to choose from. These will differ depending on whether you’ve selected a standard or luxury TSRTC bus and whether these amenities are available on the route you have chosen. Here are some general amenities that TSRTC has:
- LED TVs
- Movies and music
- Reclining seats
- Calf rests
- Water bottles
- Sanitary wet wipes
- Fire extinguishers
- Safety hammers
- Luggage racks and cabins
- Emergency exit
- Charging points
- Sleeper berths
- Seat pockets
- Window curtains
- Leg and armrests
Travellers who make a TSRTC online booking on redBus tend to choose from the following popular routes:
- Hyderabad to Karimnagar: The distance between Hyderabad and Karimnagar in Telangana is an average of 170 kilometres (105 miles). It typically takes between 2 and 4.5 hours to cover by road depending on the traffic and road conditions.
- Bengaluru to Hyderabad: The distance between these two cities is a minimum of 560 kilometres (348 miles) depending on the route your bus takes. It can take anywhere between 8 and 14 hours to make the journey by bus.
- Vijayawada to Hyderabad: The most common route that connects these cities is 275 kilometres (171 miles) long and will take at least 4.5 hours to cover by road.
Types of TSRTC Buses
The TSRTC fleet caters to a variety of budgets; therefore, you will be able to find one that is affordable yet safe for travel. Here are some options you can choose from when making your TSRTC online booking:
- Vajra: These are mini air-conditioned buses that connect areas in Hyderabad to Nizamabad, Godavarikhani, Karimnagar and Warangal.
- Vennela: This premium bus features sleeper berths with individual LED TVs and pre-loaded movies. The staff also provide water bottles, sanitary wipes and freshly washed blankets.
- Garuda Plus: These multi-axle buses from Volvo, Mercedes-Benz and Scania feature reclining seats. They are operated along long-distance routes.
- Rajadhani: These AC buses from Ashok Leyland service routes connecting Hyderabad to other district headquarters. On occasion, they are deployed along highly-frequented long-distance routes.
- Super-luxury: These non-AC buses feature push-back seats and are run to and from major cities in Telangana and neighbouring states.
- Express: These non-AC 3 + 2 buses run between cities in Telangana including Khammam and Godavarikhani.
- Ordinary: These buses are deployed along high-frequency routes within individual cities. They are referred to as “city” buses and are integral to the public transport system in Telangana.
You can make a TSRTC online booking to head to or from the following popular cities:
- Bengaluru: Known as the Garden City and Silicon Valley of India, Bengaluru is the capital of Karnataka. It is known for being a commercial and business hub and for its culture and nightlife.
- Punalur: Punalur is a hill station city in Kerala, on the states’ border with Tamil Nadu. The scenic city is frequented by tourists looking for cooler climes.
- Kollam: This city in Kerala, on the Malabar coast, is known for its beaches and natural landscapes. The Ashtamudi Lake and Tangasseri Lighthouse are popular tourist spots.
Popular Pilgrimage Destinations with TSRTC
TSRTC services many popular pilgrimage sites in Southern India. Here are a few that you can choose to visit:
- Bhadrachalam: This Hindu pilgrimage site in Telangana is known for its 17th-century Bhadrachalam Temple complex.
- Shirdi: This major pilgrimage site in Maharashtra is home to the revered Sai Baba Temple. The Samadhi Mandir shrine is visited by pilgrims wishing to pay their respects at Sai Baba’s tomb.
How to Book a TSRTC bus on redBus
To make a TSRTC booking on redBus, please follow these steps:
- Open the redBus home page
- Enter your departure and arrival locations
- Enter your date of travel and click on “search buses”
- Select a bus from the list shown or use the filters on the right to customise the list
- Click through on the bus of your choice
- Select your preferred seats and other details, then click “proceed”
- Enter your registration details and select your payment mode
- Enter your payment details and proceed with your payment
- Check your email for your e-ticket and your mobile phone for your M-ticket if applicable
Safety Measures Followed on TSRTCs during COVID-19
TSRTC strives to make its buses safe and hygienic for travel. The maintenance teams sanitise the seats and railings as well as the exterior of the bus. All staff on board the bus and in terminals wear masks and protective shields; distancing regulations are followed to ensure passenger safety.
Making a TSRTC online booking with redBus gives you access to great deals, discounts and combo packages that make your journey affordable. The redBus app and website are convenient and secure to use. With redBus, you can be rest assured that you’ll have a seamless booking experience. Have a safe and happy journey.