APSRTC Bus from Visakhapatnam to Kakinada
The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, better known as the APSRTC, is state-owned and operates within Andhra Pradesh and between neighbouring states. It is headquartered in Vijayawada and is linked to other state RTCs including those of Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Odisha and Chhattisgarh.
This RTC was formed in 1958 and has a fleet of more than 11,600 buses currently operational. Out of this, around 8,960 are government-owned, and more than 2,700 of them are hired on rental. The APSRTC is an award-winning RTC, is featured in the Guinness Book of World Records and was the first state RTC to deploy and actively use live tracking facilities.
Of the many routes and cities that APSRTC buses service, the Visakhapatnam to Kakinada Bus APSRTC is by far one of the most frequented ones. Although there are a variety of operators covering this route, APSRTC buses are by far the most affordable and comfortable options because the government runs them. The discounts and deals you get on redBus also make your ticket prices much more economical, ensuring you don’t break the bank while still travelling in comfort and safety.
Amenities and Types of Visakhapatnam to Kakinada bus APSRTC
You’ll find that 97 APSRTC buses travel from Visakhapatnam to Kakinada. These are different depending on the purpose, amenities and ticket prices they cater to. As a result, all bus types may not ply at all times, but the redBus ‘filters’ will help you identify which ones do. Here are some amenities you will come across while making a reservation:
- Reclining seats
- Sleeper berths
- Luggage compartments
- Water bottles
- Plush seats
- Reading lights
- Night lamps
- Emergency exits
Here are the bus types you can pick from along the APSRTC Visakhapatnam to Kakinada route:
- Super-luxury – non-AC 2 + 2 pushback buses
- Ultra-deluxe – non-AC buses with reclining seats
The APSRTC Visakhapatnam to Kakinada bus timings vary depending on the day, but the redBus website and app have the scheduled travel dates and times in detail. The distance between the two destinations is 152 kilometres (94.45 miles) is usually covered in 3.5 hours given ideal traffic, weather, and road conditions. The first bus usually departs at 4 AM while the last bus leaves Visakhapatnam at 23:55.
The starting fare along this route is INR 151, but this can increase depending on the Visakhapatnam to Kakinada APSRTC bus timings, seat availability, time of reservation and amenities onboard. When you make your reservation with redBus, you’ll find plenty of deals and discounts to reduce your ticket price without compromising on your safety or comfort during travel.
Boarding and Drop-off Points
A Visakhapatnam to Kakinada bus APSRTC stops at several points during the journey to let off passengers where they find it most convenient. It is always a good idea to confirm with your bus conductor that they’ll be stopping at the boarding or drop-off point you chose, to avoid any last-minute hassles.
Here are the various boarding points in Visakhapatnam:
- NAD Junction
- Rama Talkies
- Maddilapalem Highway
- Steel Plant
The following is the drop-off point in Kakinada:
- RTC complex
Safety Measures Followed on APSRTC During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has made travellers a lot more cautious about their safety and wellbeing. RTCs have also become much more stringent about their sanitisation and hygiene standards, and the APSRTC is no exception. They have several standard operating procedures to ensure buses and terminals are COVID-free, and staff and travellers are given utmost protection. Some of these measures are:
- Ban on travel for those displaying symptoms of a cold and a cough
- Mandatory face masks for travellers, staff and drivers
- Frequent sanitisation of bus seats, interiors and exteriors
- Cashless transactions and e-tickets
- No standing travel on popular bus routes
- No blankets and pillows are given out in luxury buses
- Compulsory hand sanitisation at all touchpoints and on the buses
- Boldly displayed instructions on safety and hand hygiene
Popular Routes of APSRTC (Visakhapatnam, Kakinada)
- Visakhapatnam to Anakapalle: Anakapalle is a suburban neighbourhood in Visakhapatnam, only 25 kilometres (15.5 miles) away from the city centre. The first bus departs from Visakhapatnam at 5 AM and the last bus at 23:45.
- Visakhapatnam to Rajahmundry: Rajahmundry is a riverside city that is home to the ISKON temple complex. It is 190 kilometres (118 miles) away from Visakhapatnam. The first bus leaves at 00:15 and the last bus at 23:30.
- Visakhapatnam to Vijayawada: Vijayawada is home to the famous Kanaka Durga Temple and is 348 kilometres (216 miles) away from Visakhapatnam. The first bus to Vijayawada leaves at 01:30 and the last bus at 23:55.
- Gajuwaka to Kakinada: Gajuwaka in Visakhapatnam's central shopping district at a distance of 150 kilometres (93 miles) from Kakinada. The first bus leaves at 4 AM and the last bus at 23:55.
- Vijayawada to Kakinada: The headquarters of the APSRTC, Vijayawada, is 221 kilometres (137 miles) away from Kakinada. The first bus leaves at 00:30 and the last bus at 23:59.
- Anakapalle to Kakinada: This Visakhapatnam suburb is 128 kilometres (79 miles) away from Kakinada. The first bus leaves at 00:50 and the last bus at 23:59.
How to Travel on an APSRTC Bus from Visakhapatnam to Kakinada
It is easy and convenient to book an APSRTC ticket on the redBus app or website. Here is a step-by-step guide to make the process smoother:
- Enter your starting point and destination into the redBus app or website
- Click on ‘search buses’
- Use the filters on the right to pull up only APSRTC buses
- Filter further to get the amenities, price range and bus types you prefer
- Select the bus you want and click on continue
- Proceed to select your seats and make payments