Hyderabad Bus Tickets
Hyderabad is Telangana’s capital city which is shaped by Mughals and Nizams. The city is famous for Charminar, the monument which is an identity of the city. Apart from the, there is also the Ramoji Film City which makes the city popular among the tourists.
Getting a Hyderabad bus was not much popular until online booking was enabled and accessible for all. The bookings of the bus to Hyderabad are more comfortable to Pune and Bangalore. There also are more frequent routes of the bus from Hyderabad to other parts of the country. The increased transport system within and out of the city and state has brought more tourists in recent times.
Important routes to and from Hyderabad
- Hyderabad to Bangalore: It is an overnight journey of 7-8 hours with a distance of 560 km and the base fare for the Hyderabad bus tickets is Rs. 650.
- Hyderabad to Vijayawada: To cover a distance of 274 km the buses take 4-5 hours at the lowest rate of Rs. 390 in RTC and Rs. 400 in private buses.
- Rajahmundry to Hyderabad: The distance between these cities is 430 km which is covered in about 8-9 hours at the lowest rate of Rs. 550 and Rs. 670 in RTC and private buses respectively.
- Hyderabad to Kurnool: About 4-5 hours is necessary to reach the other city which is 210 km away, at a base fare of Rs. 275 and Rs. 500 in RTC and private buses respectively.
- Hyderabad to Ongole: At a distance of 320 km the buses take about 6-8 hours at a base rate in RTC and private buses are Rs. 438-560 respectively.
Popular Buses to and from Hyderabad
Address in the city: Shop No- 5, Door No 7-1-632/17, Metro Piller #A, 1016, Sanjeeva Reddy Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500038
Contact No: Phone: +91 7095666619/ Email: email@example.com
Average Ticket price: 1000
This bus operator comes highly recommended for trips to Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, etc from Hyderabad. The buses ensure extreme comfort and all basic amenities including safety measures. The lowest bus fare to Rajahmundry is Rs. 935.
Address in the city: No 10, 14th Main Rd, Sector 5, 1st Sector, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102
Contact No: 063665 45656
Average Ticket Price: 600
Their main office is in Bangalore but they have services and contact in Hyderabad. The popular routes are mainly to Bangalore and Ongole. The amenities inside the buses are pillows, water, charging ports, LCD TV, etc. The lowest ticket price would be Rs.550.
Address in the city: #6-1-84/12, Opp. Telephone Bhavan, Saifabad Road, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500004.,
Contact No: 9130966666
Average Ticket Price: 1200
The travels’ most popular routes are to Bangalore, Kurnool, and Visakhapatnam. The bus provides basic comfort, live tracking, rest stop, etc for the passengers. The lowest price to Kurnool happens to be Rs.1190.
Address in the city: R & BCVR Travels, Hotel Sri Krishna Compound, Hotel Sri Krishna Compound, Lakdi-Ka-Pool, Hyderabad.
Other Address: AR & BCVR Travels, Opp.Mahaveer Lodge, Rly.Station Road, Kachiguda, Hyderabad.
Contact No: 9885660066/ 9885660055
Average Ticket Price: 500
Their popular routes are to Kurnool, Nandyala, and Allagadda. The buses offer basic amenities such as water bottles, charging ports, emergency provisions, reading lights, etc. Their lowest bus fare to Hyderabad is Rs. 500.
Address in the city: SVKDT Travels, Opp Government degree college, Near ICICI Bank Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana, Pin: 500072
Contact No: 9494439779/ 8125747777
Average Ticket Price: 600
The most popular routes for this operator are to Tirupati, Vijayawada, Bangalore, etc. The buses have all the basic amenities including charging ports and reading lights. The lowest price for their services is Rs.550.
Boarding and Dropping Points
The top 5 common boarding and dropping points in Hyderabad are:
- Bharat Nagar
- Jeedimetla ( pickup van or bus both are available)
- LB Nagar
- Vivekananda Colony
- Woxsen College.
The City cabs and auto would also help reach the boarding points from all parts of the city.
Important Locations to visit by Hyderabad Bus
- Charminar: A visit to Hyderabad is incomplete without visiting this monument.
- Ramoji Film City: Visit the film city for a memorable experience to know the reel life more closely and realistically.
- Golconda Fort: Make the trip to the city more special by a visit to this fort famous for the acoustics effects.
- Hussain Sagar Lake: The lake separates the twin cities Hyderabad and Secunderabad. Spend some time in the evening to enjoy the breeze and the light show.
Hyderabad Covid-19 Travel Guidelines
Passengers traveling to Hyderabad need to follow certain guidelines due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Even when the nationwide lockdown is over, the state governments have been releasing new travel guidelines in order to curb the spread of Coronavirus considering the recent spike of Covid-19 cases. Those looking to travel to Hyderabad must consider the following guidelines:
- All passengers are required to wear masks, else they would be charged a fine of Rs. 1,000 for disobeying the rule.
- Passenger vehicles will be regulated at the state borders and passengers with e-pass will only be permitted.
- The state government has lifted the Covid-19 lockdown from 21st June completely.
- All public transport services including TSRTC buses will be allowed to operate in the state.
Is it safe to visit Hyderabad right now?
The state of Telangana was not as much affected by the pandemic as other states. The reducing number of COVID-19 patients makes the state and the city back on the tourist spot. The active cases number has come down to around 20k. Yet, the government is insisting on proper measures such as wearing masks all the time inside the buses to reduce the chances of spreading. The TSRTC is operating in all parts of the state and much of the public transport system is also functional. For more updates on the COVID-19 guidelines, Hyderabad bus passengers can refer to the online state pages at the redBus portal.
The demand for the Hyderabad bus tickets is increasing in recent times with more number of routes being functional. The interstate bus routes are all in full swing, letting tourists in and out of the state. The number of buses within the city is also on the increase in view of the festival season.