APSRTC Bus from Vijayawada to Hyderabad
APSRTC manages and deploys more than 11,600 buses, out of which 8,900 are government-owned. APSRTC buses from Vijayawada to Hyderabad are some of the most highly-frequented ones in the state, apart from other routes.
The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation is the state-owned transport corporation headquartered in Vijayawada. It was formed in 1958 and was earlier a part of the Nizam State Rail and Road Transport Department. APSRTC works as a separate entity to TSRTC, which began managing road transport for the state of Telangana after bifurcation.
Amenities and Vijayawada to Hyderabad Buses APSRTC
APSRTC has some of the best buses in the country and has won several accolades including the Best Road Safety Record for 2012 to 2013. There are more than 260 buses to choose from along the Vijayawada-Hyderabad route. The APSRTC Vijayawada to Hyderabad buses are frequently used, so they boast top features to make for a comfortable journey:
- Push-back seats
- Reading lights
- Luggage racks
- Water bottles
- Emergency exits
- Emergency hammers to break glass
APSRTC buses from Vijayawada to Hyderabad suit a variety of budgets and requirements. APSRTC deploys the following bus types on this popular route:
- Amaravathi: These are multi-axle Volvo or Scania buses that are plush and comfortable to ride in
- Super-luxury: These non-AC buses feature 2 + 2 push-back seats
- Garuda Plus: These AC buses are from luxury companies such as Volvo and Benz
- Vennela Economy: This bus type usually features 2+1 AC sleeper buses
- Indra: These are affordable AC semi-sleeper buses
The distance between Vijayawada and Hyderabad is around 275 kilometres (170 miles). It takes approximately 5 hours to cover by road, although this depends on the number of stops your bus makes as well as road and traffic conditions. The bus driver may make one or two stops along the way at rest stops, food joints and petrol stations, depending on the time and passenger requirements.
The minimum ticket price for APSRTC buses from Vijayawada to Hyderabad is INR 256. However, this price can go up to INR 3,500 per person, depending on the type of bus you choose and the amenities available. You can avail significant discounts on the price of your ticket by booking on redBus and making use of the various coupon codes and deals available.
The Vijayawada to Hyderabad bus timings APSRTC differs depending on the bus you choose. However, the first bus usually departs at 00:15 from Vijayawada. The last bus often leaves Vijayawada at 23:59.
Boarding and Drop-off Points
APSRTC buses from Vijayawada to Hyderabad stop at many points along their journey to ensure passengers alight at their convenience. The boarding points in Vijayawada are:
- Ramavarappadu Ring
- Vijayawada RTC Bus Stand
- Siddhartha College
- Bandar Road
- Benz Circle
The drop-off points in Hyderabad that are frequented by APSRTC buses are:
- LB Nagar
- Hyderabad MGBS
Safety Measures Followed on APSRTC During COVID-19
To maintain the highest standards of safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, APSRTC has deployed a set of mandatory safety measures. All of the following steps will be followed on board and around APSRTC buses from Vijayawada to Hyderabad:
- Paper-less e-ticketing systems
- Cash-free smartphone payments
- Travel ban for those displaying even the slightest symptoms of cold and cough
- Discouraging travel for those above 65 years of age and children below 10
- Mandatory face masks for entry into bus stations and boarding buses
- Compulsory hand sanitisation before boarding buses
- No blankets on AC buses to prevent the spread of the virus
- Displayed instructions on hand hygiene, cough etiquette and travel advisories
- Regular sanitisation of passenger buses, seats and utility areas
Popular Routes of APSRTC (Vijayawada, Hyderabad)
- Vijayawada to Ravulapalem: Ravupalem is a town in Andhra Pradesh’s East Godavari District, around 160 kilometres (99 miles) away from Vijayawada. It is the entrance to the lush Konaseema Delta. The first bus departs at 00:30 from Vijayawada and the last bus leaves at 23:59.
- Vijayawada to Tirupati: Tirupati is a highly frequented pilgrimage spot that is approximately 415 kilometres (257 miles) away from Vijayawada. The first bus leaves at 00:30 and the last bus at 23:45.
- Vijayawada to Nellore: Nellore is a riverside city around 283 kilometres (176 miles) away from Vijayawada. The first bus from Vijayawada departs at 00:30 and the last bus at 23:55.
- Kurnool to Hyderabad: Kurnool is often called the City of Royalty and is around 213 kilometres (132 miles) away from Hyderabad. The first bus departs Kurnool at 00:15 and the last bus at 23:56.
- Ongole to Hyderabad: Ongole is a coastal town in Andhra Pradesh, 324 kilometres (201 miles) away from Hyderabad. The first bus departs from Ongole to Hyderabad at 00:30 and the last bus at 23:59.
- Tanuku to Hyderabad: Tanuku is a historically and mythologically significant town in the West Godavari District and is 401 kilometres (249 miles) away from Hyderabad. The first bus for Hyderabad leaves Tanuku at 06:45 and the last bus at 23:45.
How to Travel on an APSRTC Bus from Vijayawada to Hyderabad
Here is a step-by-step guide to finding the perfect APSRTC buses from Vijayawada to Hyderabad for your planned journey.
- Visit the redBus website or the app
- Enter Vijayawada as your departure point and Hyderabad as your destination
- Click on “search buses”
- Use the ‘filters’ option on the right to bring up only APSRTC buses
- Choose the bus you prefer and click on “continue”
- Proceed to book your seats and pay using popular payment methods