Bihar state road transport corporation (bsrtc) Bus Ticket Booking
BSRTC started its operation in 1953 as a state-run transport service provider. The Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation directly manages the buses run by BSRTC. Earlier, these buses were managed by the Rajya Transport which managed the bus services throughout the country.
BSRTC has invested crores of money in getting the bus services up and running. It is also considered to be the second-highest investment ever made by the Bihar State Government. BSRTC online booking can be made quickly on the redBus application or the official website. BSRTC has also started the Patna City Bus service in the year 2018. A BSRTC bus running in the city of Patna is used by around 50,000 passengers daily.
Amenities on BSRTC buses
A BSRTC bus tries its best to make your journey smooth and hassle-free. It provides you with the best in class services. Some of the popular amenities offered by BSRTC are:
- Mini Blankets
- Pillows with covers
- Charging Point
- A television
- First aid kit
- Water Bottles
- Extra Leg Space
Popular Travel Routes
A BSRTC bus typically runs between the states of Bihar and Jharkhand. A BSRTC bus booking can be quickly made on the redBus app, which provides hassle-free bus ticketing services. Some of the most popular routes covered by a BSRTC bus are mentioned below:
- Agra to Muzaffarpur
- Ranchi to Patna
- Patna to Jamshedpur
- Lucknow to Hajipur
- Hajipur to Delhi
- Gopalganj to Muzaffarpur
- Patna to Muzaffarpur
- Hajipur to Lucknow
- Muzaffarpur to Agra
- Patna to Agra
- Patna to Bokaro
- Gorakhpur to Patna
- Lucknow to Patna
- Patna to Dhanbad
This list is not exhaustive. A BSRTC bus covers several routes. A BSRTC Volvo bus can also be booked if you want to take a BSRTC on these routes.
Types of BSRTC Buses
BSRTC has a decent fleet size. It also connects the rural parts of the states with each other. A variety of buses are a part of the BSRTC bus fleet. Some of the buses are:
- BSRTC Volvo bus: These buses are known for their luxury. The tickets for these buses are quite expensive. These buses are sleeper buses. Also, the passengers are provided with pillows, blankets, water bottles and face wipes to make the journey more comfortable
- Semi-Sleeper Buses: These buses have a 2+2 seating arrangement. These buses are both air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned. They have Mercedes and Scania buses as a part of their fleet.
- Non-AC Seater buses: These buses either have a 2+2 layout or the simplified 3+2 layout. These buses do not have an air conditioning system due to which the tickets are a little less expensive. These buses do not come with any luxury services but are availed by the maximum passengers who take up a BSRTC bus.
A BSRTC bus booking can be easily done on the redBus mobile app or the redBus website. You can choose from the list given above. You can make this choice depending on the budget you have for the trip.
Popular Cities Covered
BSRTC bus covers different cities within the states of Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh. Some of the most popular cities that you can include on a BSRTC bus or BSRTC Volvo bus are given below:
A BSRTC bus booking can easily be made on the redBus app if you want to travel to any of the popular cities mentioned above.
Popular Pilgrimage Destinations with BSRTC
Bihar attracts both national and foreign tourists throughout the year. Therefore, a BSRTC bus from BSRTC will help your cause. Some of the famous pilgrimage destinations covered by BSRTC are:
- Bodh Gaya
- Buddhist Circuit
How to Book a BSRTC bus on redBus?
BSRTC bus booking can be easily made on the redBus mobile app or official website. You just need to follow a few simple steps to book a ticket to your desired BSRTC bus.
- Install the redBus app or visit the redBus website.
- To make the BSRTC bus booking, select the source city and the place you want to travel.
- Pick up your date of departure.
- A list of different buses that ply on that route would be displayed on the screen.
- You can then filter your results. Choose BSRTC as your service provider and apply the filter. Customised results would be displayed.
- You can then choose a bus according to your preference.
- Select the seats.
- Make the payment and get your BSRTC bus ticket or BSRTC Volvo bus ticket booked.
Safety Measures Followed on BSRTC buses during COVID-19
BSRTC buses have taken all the necessary precautions to make the buses COVID-19 ready. All the buses are being regularly sanitised to reduce the risk of any kind of infection. Also, face masks and sanitisers are provided to every BSRTC Volvo bus passenger.