Ranchi Bus Tickets
Ranchi is one of the most toured cities of Jharkhand due to its perfect blend of natural and pilgrimage attractions. Ranchi is also a hub for many sports activities & has many stadiums for cricket, football, and hockey. Ranchi has a proposed metro system and buses are preferred by local people to travel in and around the city. Let us see more details about Ranchi bus services.
Important Routes to and From Ranchi
Some of the major bus routes to Ranchi are as follows:
- Patna to Ranchi: The distance of this route is around 326 KM and it takes approximately 8 hours to cover this route by bus. The fare of Ranchi buses from Patna starts from INR 500.
- Jamshedpur to Ranchi: Ranchi is around 128 KM far from Jamshedpur and it takes three hours to cover this route by bus. The starting fare of Ranchi buses from Jamshedpur is INR 200.
- Dhanbad to Ranchi: The road distance between these cities is around 148 KM and it takes approximately four hours to cover this route by bus. The fare of buses on this route starts from INR 190.
Some of the Prominent bus routes from Ranchi are as follows:
- Ranchi to Bokaro: Ranchi is around 110 KM apart from Bokaro and it will take you around three hours to cover this route by bus. INR 150 is the starting fare of a bus from Ranchi to Bokaro.
- Ranchi to Calcutta: The distance of this route is around 408 KM and it will take you 9-10 hours to cover this route by bus. INR 550 is the starting fare of buses on this route.
- Ranchi to Patna: With a road distance of 326 KM, this route is covered in eight hours by bus. The fare of a bus from Ranchi to Patna starts from INR 600.
Popular Buses to and From Ranchi
- Address in the city: Village – Islampur PO, Makhdumpur, Bokaro-827010.
Contact Number: 9431559453
Average Ticket Price: INR 700
They provide bus services from Ranchi to Dhanbad & Bokaro including buses for a return trip i.e. bus to Ranchi. They provide various amenities on-board like adjustable seats, charging points, reading light, etc.
- Address in the city: 113, Old Age Colony, Kardru, Ranchi, 834002.
Contact Number: NA
Average Ticket Price: INR 647.5
Suba Travels will provide you a bus from Ranchi to Bokaro and for a return trip. They provide various bus amenities like hand sanitiser, air conditioner, reading light, etc.
- Address in the city: Noor Nagar, Purani Ranchi, Ranchi G.P.O. Jharkhand, 834001.
Contact Number: 6201945034, 7004926376
Average Ticket Price: INR 300
They provide bus services from Ranchi to various cities like Jamshedpur, Calcutta, Kharagpur, Chakradharpur, Mahagama, etc. They provide various bus amenities like WIFI, water bottle, newspaper, video entertainment, etc.
- Address in the city: Mithapur Bus Stand, Patna, Bihar, 800002
Contact Number: 7903832833
Average Ticket Price: INR 500
They will provide you a bus from Ranchi to many cities like Patna, Bihar Sharif, Nawadha, etc. You will get various amenities in Sri Krishna Rath buses like video entertainment, charging point, emergency contact system, etc.
- Address in the city: Near Mahato Chowk, Adarsh Colony, Chas, Bokaro-827013.
Contact Number: 9431322929
Average Ticket Price: INR 525
Yatri Vihar Travels will provide you a bus from Ranchi to Siliguri, Cuttack, Purnia, Bhagalpur, Hazaribagh, Giridih, etc. including buses for a return trip. They provide many bus amenities like WIFI, CCTV, massager chair, etc.
Boarding and Dropping Points
Some of the major boarding points of Ranchi buses are as follows:
- Argora Chowk, Bypass Road
- Ashoka Hotel
- BIT More
- Birsa Chowk
- Khadgara Bus Stand
Some of the prominent dropping points of Ranchi buses are as follows:
- Bariatu Road
- Gumla Petrol Pump
- Harmu Chowk
- Bus Stand, Fly Over
- Ratu Road, Ranchi
- Patel Chowk
You can find many means of transport from the city centre to reach your preferred boarding point. You will frequent local buses, autos, rickshaws, etc. from the aforementioned dropping points. You can also use the redBus bus tracking feature if you are having trouble finding your boarding point.
Important Locations to visit
- Panch Gagh Falls: It is named Panch (Five) Gagh Falls because five waterfalls are falling from the steep hills. This waterfall is 3 KM away from the city centre.
- Topchanchi Lake: This beautiful reservoir attracts a lot of tourists every year. It is located 110 KM far from the city centre.
- Jagannath Temple: This temple is an important pilgrimage site of Ranchi and is built on a hilltop. This architectural beauty is just 4 KM far from the city centre.
- Birsa Zoological Park: It is also known as Birsa Jaivik Udyan and has a lot of varieties of flora and fauna. It is situated 20 KM away from the city centre.
Is it safe to visit Ranchi right now?
Jharkhand has witnessed more than one lakh COVID-19 positive cases to date. All the transportation services came to a halt due to this pandemic. However, things are looking good now as only 2637 active cases are remaining in Jharkhand. The government of Jharkhand has allowed transportation services in various cities including Ranchi. redBus has also launched a Safety+ feature under which buses take strict measures against the Covid-19 pandemic. Some of the prominent operators who provide Safety+ Ranchi buses are Suba Travels, Krishna Rath, Kohinoor Travels, Pammi Travels, Vijay Rath, etc. You can know more about the live COVID-19 updates of Jharkhand via the state-wise COVID-19 status available on redBus.
The buses provided by redBus will provide you a safe travel environment amidst the COVID-19 scenario. You will also get a ride cancellation & rescheduling facility via redBus. Book your Ranchi bus tickets now!