Tamil Nadu Unlock 4.0 Travel Guidelines
Last Updated on: 31st Aug 2020
The state of Tamil Nadu has released new travel guidelines for Unlock 4.0. The recent phase of COVID-19 lockdown in India has come with the easing of travel restrictions. Tamil Nadu has also issued fresh guidelines with more relaxation on intrastate and interstate travel.
A list of activities has been permitted in Tamil Nadu, except the containment zones. Given below are the intra-state and inter-state travel guidelines for Tamil Nadu. The information is subject to change according to the updates by the Tamil Nadu Government.
Tamil Nadu Intrastate Travel Guidelines
- E-pass has again been made mandatory to travel from one district to another.
- Some services are expected to start post discussion on tax.
- COVID test is mandatory for all the passengers arriving in Chennai.
- Almost all private bus operators are ready to start the services and waiting for government guidelines.
- All Public transport MRTS Trains, Trains & Metro will remain suspended until 31st August
- District buses (both Pvt and govt) and buses in Chennai to resume from September 1.
- Entry for tourists to Hill stations such as Yercaud and Nilgiris, Kodaikanal would be based on e-pass from District Collector.
Tamil Nadu Interstate Travel Guidelines
- Yet to decide on interstate travel.
For more information, check out:
You can visit redBus.in to check bus boarding points, bus schedule, and book bus tickets in Tamil Nadu. redBus provides a hassle-free experience of booking bus tickets online in Tamil Nadu.