International Yoga Festival 2021 in Rishikesh
International Yoga Festival Rishikesh
International Yoga festival is an annual yoga event that celebrates the legacy of Yoga. It is celebrated every year in India’s Yoga capital- Rishikesh as it is the birthplace of Yoga. This week-long yoga event held in March brings together thousands of Yoga Gurus and Yoga learners from across the globe to the serene sanctified lands of Rishikesh.
International Yoga festival is an event that focuses on purification and detoxification of mind, body, and soul by making Yoga a way of life.
Origin and History of International Yoga Festival Rishikesh
International Yoga festival was an event promoted by Uttar Pradesh Tourism when Rishikesh was still a part of Uttar Pradesh. Now it is promoted by the state tourism department and Uttrakhand Tourism Development Board in Rishikesh. In the beginning, it was held at Hotel Ganga Kinare during the first week of February. This festival continued for many years from the same venue and at the same time. In 1999, the Uttar Pradesh Tourism asked Parmarth Niketan ashram in Rishikesh to start hosting the International Yoga festival. The mediation and yoga classes and other programs were organized at Parmarth Niketan Ashram, and the participants stayed at other hotels and ashrams. Pujya Shri Swami Veda Bharat Ji guided the early meditation classes in the festival, and Yogacharya Shari Bharat Bhushan Ji conducted the yoga asanas session.
Since its inception, the Yoga festival Rishikesh has garnered immense popularity which keeps growing with every passing year. In 2010, the Rishikesh yoga festival saw the most extensive participation. Some credit of the significant number of participants goes to the Maha Kumbh Mela which coincides with the Yoga festival Rishikesh. As the benefits of Yoga are becoming popular across the world, so is the popularity of the Rishikesh Yoga festival.
When is the International Yoga Festival Rishikesh?
International Yoga festival, 2021 at Rishikesh is held from 7th to 13th March 2021. This week-long event has numerous programs and sessions on Yoga, meditation, health, and wellness. A large number of participants from across the globe every year come for Yoga Retreat Rishikesh.
How is the International Yoga Festival Rishikesh Celebrated?
International Yoga festival originated to popularise authentic Yoga; therefore, it encompasses all Indian traditional yoga lineages. The knowledge during the various sessions is imparted by the Masters of multiple yoga schools and styles.
The one week Yoga festival has over 70 hours of Yoga classes conducted by world-class Yoga teachers who practice various yoga styles such as Iyengar Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Kriya Yoga, and Power Vinyasa Yoga. Revered spiritual masters and saints conduct Satsang and other spiritual discourses/programs to enhance the participants’ holistic wellness.
The daily schedule of International Yoga festival week is different for each day. However, the International Yoga festival general daily schedule includes the following:
- Classes starting at 4 AM.
- Yoga class at 6:30 AM for one hour. Simple breakfast after the class.
- Two-hour yoga sessions at 8:30 AM. The session is of different kinds of Yoga, and the participant can join anyone as per their preference.
- Lectures from yogacharyas and reverend saints at 11:00 AM
- Traditional Indian lunch starting from 12:30 PM till 1:30 PM
- Short rest time
- Yogasana class from 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
- Evening Ganga Aarti from 6:00 PM to &:00 PM
- Dinner at 7:00 PM
- After special dinner programs of cultural songs, Satsang, dance performances campfires, etc
- Lights out at 9:30 PM
Highlights of International Yoga Festival, 2021 at Rishikesh
The highlights of Yoga festival Rishikesh, 2021 are –
- Daily Yoga classes- The International Yoga festival has 70 hours of yoga classes divided into daily sessions. The sessions start at 4:00 AM, and during these sessions; the participants learn different types of Yoga, yoga asanas, Yoga’s anatomy, and mediation techniques.
- Divine Satsang- Several spiritual speakers, revered saints, yogacharyas, and gurus impart divine knowledge to re-engineer the participants’ lives. The participants learn to inspire and uplift themselves to lead a positive and healthy life.
- Ganga Aarti- Every day, after sunset, the participants attend the Ganga aarti on River Ganga banks. The spiritual ritual uplifts their spirits, and they participate in the mythical chants to seek blessings from Mother Ganga.
- Cultural Performances- The week-long Yoga festival Rishikesh is a gathering of like-minded people who want to attain peace and good health. There are many cultural performances scheduled every day in the evening after the Ganga aarti. The cultural activities aim to unclutter the mind by watching, listening, and indulging in artistic performances.
How to reach Rishikesh?
International Yoga festival takes place every year at Paramarth Niketan in Rishikesh, India. Rishikesh is a beautiful town located at the base of the Himalayas, on River Ganga banks at a distance of 20 km from Haridwar. One can reach Rishikesh from different parts of India via train, bus, or car/taxi.
The most popular mode of transportation to Rishikesh is a bus. There is a regular bus service available daily from Haridwar to Rishikesh. However, people can come to the Yoga festival Rishikesh from other nearby places via bus too.
Popular bus routes to Rishikesh are –
- Haridwar to Rishikesh
- Dehradun to Rishikesh
- Delhi to Rishikesh
- Roorkee to Rishikesh
You can come to Haridwar from many Indian cities via bus. Some famous bus routes to Haridwar are –
- Delhi to Haridwar
- Jaipur to Haridwar
- Gurgaon to Haridwar
- Meerut to Haridwar
- Ajmer to Haridwar
You can find all details related to bus routes on the redBus website or mobile application. redBus is the most reliable online platform for booking bus online tickets. To participate in the International Yoga festival, 2021 book your bus tickets in advance on the redBus website or download the redBus mobile application.