Milad un-Nabi, the commemoration of the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad, is one of the important and widely celebrated Muslim festivals in the world. It is celebrated in the month of Rabi' al-awwal - the third month in the Islamic calendar and also known as Muhammad's Birthday. Eid Milad un-Nabi 2021 in India will begin on the evening of Monday, 18 October, and end on the evening of Tuesday, 19 October. Here 19 October 2021 is declared as a gazetted holiday to celebrate Eid Milad un-Nabi.
On the occasion of Eid e Milad, people gather in holy places to discuss the teachings and sacred messages of the Prophet. They participate in long processions, where they recite songs and slogans in honor of the Prophet. They arrange communal meals in mosques and communal buildings. People wear green clothes and ribbons, carry green flags when they participate in festivities of Eid Milad un-Nabi. Green is the color of paradise in Islam.
If you are excited to take a peek into Eid Milad un-Nabi 2021, then we have a list of cities that will be electrifying to visit this day.
In the capital city of India, on the eve of Milad un-Nabi, a large number of crowd gathers at Jama Masjid to offer prayers. Delectable food varieties will be offered at the stalls in Old Delhi. There will be exhibitions of photos, relics, and paintings related to the life and teachings of the Prophet Muhammad.
In Mumbai, people celebrate Eid Milad un-Nabi, by offering prayers at the largest ground of South Mumbai which is Azad Maidan. Long processions will be held with chantings and prayers, praising Prophet Muhammad for his holy teachings.
On the day of Eid e Milad, Muslims of Lucknow offer prayer at the biggest ground Aishbagh Eidgah and also at the popular Asifi Masjid. Night long prayers will be held in mosques and prayer halls. Entire Lucknow will be vibrating with an abundance of festive energy.
In Calcutta, on the occasion of Eid e Milad, people visit mosques and prayer halls to discuss and hear the stories and sacred teachings of the Prophet. Many organize donation camps where people donate food, clothes, etc. for charity.
In Hyderabad, Mecca Masjid and Charminar witness the influx of people to offer prayers on the occasion of Milad un-Nabi. The entire city will be covered with beautiful decorations, and people will be brimming with joy. The food stall installed on this occasion offers a mouth-watering variety of Hyderabadi Muslim Cuisine.
- Delhi being the capital of India, is well connected to most of the big cities and capital cities of the states. For comfortable and good travel experience, it's preferable to choose bus routes from the main cities to Delhi.
- Since Mumbai is situated in the far west of India, there are not many direct bus routes to Mumbai other than from a few states. Whenever you are traveling from North, East and North-East states, a better option would be to choose the shortest bus routes to cities in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan or Gujarat, from there book a bus to Mumbai.
- There are few or no direct bus routes to Lucknow from Southern states. For people traveling from south India, it would be more convenient to book a bus to Mumbai or any shortest route to Maharastra or Madhya Pradesh. From there, you can book a bus to Lucknow.
- Calcutta situated in the far South East, there are not many direct bus routes to Calcutta. The best option is to travel to Odisha or take other shortest routes to West Bengal, and from there, you can book a bus to Calcutta.
- There are few or no direct bus routes to Hyderabad from the Northern states. For people traveling from North India, it would be more convenient to book a bus to Mumbai, Bangalore or any other shortest routes to Karnataka. From there, you can book a bus to Hyderabad.
For Eid Milad un-Nabi 2021, redBus offers well-connected bus routes, with amazing options to customize the travel to your likes and dislikes. So, you will have an enjoyable ride at affordable rates!
NOTE: In light of the recent Coronavirus pandemic, we at redBus would like to urge you to take all necessary precautions when you travel and follow every instruction provided by your local government. If you're not planning on traveling, practice social distancing and stay indoors to help slow down the spread of COVID-19 or the Coronavirus disease and prevent it from spreading any further. Stay safe!