JKSRTC stands for Jammu & Kashmir Road Transport Corporation, headquartered in Srinagar. Jammu and Kashmir are considered to be the heaven of India. Therefore, connecting this state to other parts of the country was crucial to develop the tourism industry. Therefore, JKSRTC was launched to make Kashmir accessible to the rest of India.
A JKSRTC bus can be taken to visit Jammu and Kashmir from the nearby states. You can use the JKSRTC contact number to enquire about the availability of buses and the procedure to book your ticket for the bus. A better option would be choosing the redBus app to make a JKSRTC online booking. JKSRTC provides intrastate movement of passengers and facilitates the interstate movement of goods and people who want to visit Jammu and Kashmir. A JKSRTC bus is readily available and can be booked in advance for your convenience.
Amenities on JKSRTC buses
JKSRTC strives to offer each one of its passengers an affordable and relaxing ride. Therefore, the buses are in good shape and include various facilities that might make travelling more comfortable and convenient. The following amenities are available on JKSRTC buses:
- Reclining Chairs: These provide excellent support for your back and let you relax.
- Water Bottles: Water bottles can benefit long journeys as they prevent dehydration.
- Televisions: This can be an excellent source of entertainment for the passengers.
- Air-conditioning: It is a much-needed facility these days.
- Reading Light: It is a perfect addition for professionals and bookworms.
- Blankets and Pillow: They are a basic yet important amenity for someone going on the overnight bus journey.
- Charging Station: People can use this to charge their laptops, mobiles, and other appliances they might need during their journey.
Popular Travel Routes by JKSRTC
Kashmir is considered to be the most popular tourist destination in India. A JKSRTC bus can be booked using the redBus app or by visiting the redBus website. You can also book a JKSRTC Volvo if you wish to travel in luxury. Some of the most popular JKSRTCs are:
- Jammu to Srinagar
- Srinagar to Leh
- Ladakh to Jammu
- Ajmer to Jammu
- Chandigarh to Jammu
- Srinagar to Kargil
- Leh to Srinagar
- Jammu to Shimla
- Jammu to Ludhiana
- Srinagar to Gulmarg
You can book a JKSRTC Volvo or a JKSRTC bus if you want to travel on the above routes.
Types of JKSRTC Buses
JKSRTC owns a massive fleet of buses. These buses are around 1,000 in number and are also readily available at different bus stations. Some of the significant JKSRTC bus variants are:
- Hi-Tech Buses: These JKSRTC buses run only on specific routes. They have a 2+2 seating arrangement. These buses are advanced in terms of operation. These buses run on popular routes like Srinagar to Jammu.
- Super Deluxe Buses: These buses are divided into different sections, also known as quarters. And they run to help people reach famous cities and states.
- Semi-Deluxe Buses: This kind of JKSRTC bus has semi-deluxe coaches. And provide a hassle-free journey.
- JKSRTC Volvo: These buses are known for their comfort. They have recliner seats and are fully air-conditioned. You can easily book one of them on the redBus website.
A JKSRTC Volvo also has some other amenities which make your travel luxurious. The JKSRTC Volvo is opted for by most of the passengers as they want to visit the beautiful places in Kashmir in luxury. A standard JKSRTC bus or a JKSRTC Volvo will solve all your travel issues. Just book a ticket, and you are good to go.
Popular Cities Covered by JKSRTC
JKSRTC is known for making your bus travel convenient. Also, they connect to different cities via buses. It connects several cities in north India. Some of the popular towns covered by a JKSRTC bus are:
These buses connect the central north Indian states to the beautiful state of Jammu and Kashmir. You can book a JKSRTC bus from these cities using the redBus app.
Popular Pilgrimage Destinations with JKSRTC
North India is a hub of pilgrimage destinations. One of the significant purposes of JKSRTC was to make travel convenient for passengers who wanted to visit the popular north Indian pilgrimage destinations. A JKSRTC bus will make your trip even more exciting. Some of these spots are:
- Vaishno Devi Temple
- Amarnath Caves
You can book JKSRTC bus tickets online to visit these places.
JKSRTC Special Bus Services
One of the most popular anuniqueal bus services run by JKSRTC buses is the Amarnath Yatra pilgrimage buses. To ensure the seamless transportation of pilgrims coming to Kashmir for the Amarnath Yatra, the Jammu & Kashmir State Road Transport Corporation (JKSRTC) has arranged to operate 500 buses throughout J&K.
JKSRTC bus offers
Use the code FIRST to get a 10% discount up to Rs 150 + Rs 100 cashback on JKSRTC bus tickets. This offer is exclusively accessible to first-time users and is valid for a minimum ticket value of Rs 200. The offer is only valid once per the customer's email address or mobile phone number. This offer is only available to logged-in users who confirm their mobile number using an OTP .within 48 working hours of the date of the ride; the cashback will be credited to your redBus wallet. The offer cash is valid for six months from the date credited to the wallet, after which it will expire and be ineligible. The redBus deal is valid across all channels.