Dhanbad Bus Tickets
The Coal Capital of India is also known for its tourist attractions and cleanliness. Since there is no public air transport system in Dhanbad, tourists and commuters prefer buses to travel to and from Dhanbad. National Highway (NH) 18 & 19 connect Dhanbad to neighbouring cities. Let us see more about Dhanbad buses & operators.
Important Routes to and From Dhanbad
Some of the prominent routes from Dhanbad are as follows:
- Dhanbad to Ranchi: Dhanbad is around 148 KM apart from Ranchi and it takes approximately four hours to cover this route by bus. The fare of buses on this route starts from INR 190.
- Dhanbad to Bokaro: The distance between these two cities is around 38 KM and it takes around 1 hour 42 minutes to cover this route by bus. The starting fare of a bus from Dhanbad to Bokaro is INR 80.
- Dhanbad to Calcutta: The distance of this route is around 272 KM and it will take you approximately six hours to cover this route by bus. The starting fare of a bus from Dhanbad to Calcutta is INR 600.
Some of the major routes to Dhanbad are as follows:
- Durgapur to Dhanbad: Dhanbad is 104 KM far from Durgapur and it takes around 2-3 hours to cover this route by bus. The fare of a bus to Dhanbad from Durgapur starts from INR 120.
- Hazaribagh to Dhanbad: The distance between these two cities is 126 KM and it takes approximately two hours to cover this route by bus. The fare of a bus to Dhanbad from Hazaribagh starts from INR 700.
- Calcutta to Dhanbad: The distance between these two cities is around 272 KM and it will take you around six hours to cover this route by bus. The starting fare of a bus to Dhanbad from Calcutta is INR 600.
Popular Buses to and From Dhanbad
Some of the popular bus operators in Dhanbad are as follows:
- Address in the city: 05 Asha House, Doranda, Ranchi, 834002
Contact Number: 9334398124
Average Ticket Price: INR 277.5
Yes Boss will provide you bus services from Dhanbad to Bokaro & Ranchi including buses for a return trip. They provide various amenities on-board like video entertainment, charging point, etc.
- Address in the city: Talgaria More, Chas, Bokaro, Jharkhand, 825314
Contact Number: 9263634681
Average Ticket Price: INR 225
Nawal Travels provides bus services from Dhanbad to Ranchi and Bokaro including buses for a return trip. They also provide various amenities like a hand sanitiser, air conditioner, charging point, etc.
- Address in the city: Yatim Khana Road, Nayabazar, Hazaribagh.
Contact Number: 8271656965
Average Ticket Price: INR 300
They provide bus services from Dhanbad to Ranchi, Bokaro, and Ramgarh and also serve the reverse route. They provide various bus amenities like air conditioners, charging points, etc.
- Address in the city: Ashiyana Colony, Baromuri, Dhanbad.
Contact Number: 9631111849
Average Ticket Price: INR 285
They provide bus services from Dhanbad to Bokaro & Ranchi including return trips. They provide many bus amenities like air conditioners, charging points, etc.
- Address in the city: C/O Krishna Mohan Singh, Dhurwa Bus Stand, Ranchi.
Contact Number: NA
Average Ticket Price: INR 300
Pawan Rath Travels provides bus services to Ranchi and Bokaro including the return trip. They provide many bus amenities like a wet napkin, reading light, video entertainment, etc.
Boarding and Dropping Points
Some of the prominent boarding points of Dhanbad buses are as follows:
- Bank More
- Bartand Bus Stand (Shivganga)
- Dhanbad Bus Depo
- Puja Talkies
- Bundela Travels Counter
Some of the major dropping points of Dhanbad buses are as follows:
- Railway Station Dhanbad
- Shramik Chowk
- Dhanbad Bus Stand (Roshan)
- Naya Bazar, Dhanbad
- Puja Talkies
People can get to the aforementioned bus stations & stands by auto, rickshaw, taxi, etc. from the city centre of Dhanbad. You can also reach your boarding point with the help of the redBus vehicle tracking system. The local transport system of Dhanbad is rapid and convenient.
Important Locations to visit
- Bhatinda Falls: This waterfall is preferred by many tourists for picnics. It is surrounded by lush green hills and is 14 KM away from the Dhanbad Railway Station.
- Birsa Munda Park: This park is spread over 21 acres and consists of a canteen, garden, playground, and some rides for kids.
- Shakti Mandir: A lot of devotees from Hinduism visit this temple throughout the year. It has a great history and is an important pilgrimage site of Dhanbad.
- Maithon Dam: This dam is one of the best places to visit around Dhanbad. It is located on the banks of the river Borakar and is 165 feet high.
Is it safe to visit Dhanbad right now?
More than 1.06 lakh people have been infected with the COVID-19 virus to date in Jharkhand. However, the situation is getting under control as many patients have recovered and only 2637 positive cases remain. The government of Jharkhand has also allowed transportation in different cities including Dhanbad. You should choose Safety+ buses on redBus which ensures that all the safety measures against the Covid-19 pandemic have been taken. Many operators provide Safety+ Dhanbad buses like Nishan Travels, Zee Travels, Whiteline Express, Pawan Rath Travels, etc. You can know more about the live COVID-19 situation of Jharkhand via the state-wise COVID-19 status available on redBus. You should wear a mask & use a hand sanitiser while travelling amidst the ongoing pandemic.
redBus provides authentic bus services from/to Dhanbad at affordable prices. You can compare the price of various Dhanbad buses and can book accordingly. Book your Dhanbad bus tickets now!