TNSTC Bus from Bangalore (Bengaluru) to Chennai
Operated by the Government of Tamil Nadu, TNSTC is India’s largest bus transport corporation. They run services between important cities within Tamil Nadu and connect the state to its neighbouring states, such as Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and the union territory of Puducherry. The corporation has displayed high efficiency and performance from its inception. They have consistently bagged awards from the Association of State Road Transport Undertakings (ASRTU) for their outstanding performance. The TNSTC connects all districts in Tamil Nadu and ensures the villages are well-connected to the nearest towns. After the division of APSRTC, TNSTC became the world’s most enormous corporation. The corporation owns a fleet of 21,678 buses which range from town buses to A/C sleepers. TNSTC has online booking facilities to facilitate a comfortable booking experience. The first TNSTC bus leaves Bangalore for Chennai at midnight, and the last departs at 11:30 pm.
Amenities, Distance, Duration, and Average Fare
Bengaluru, the state headquarters of Karnataka, is located 347 km from Chennai. TNSTC Bangalore to Chennai takes about six to seven hours to complete. About 63 TNSTC buses are plying this route. TNSTC Bangalore to Chennai bus fare starts from Rs. 441 onwards.
TNSTC buses from Bangalore to Chennai offer the following amenities. However, the amenities on board are different on different types of buses. So, ensure the bus has all the amenities you need before booking the tickets.
- Air-Conditioner (only on A/C buses)
- Charging Point
- Fire safety measures
- Night/Reading Lamp
- Recliner seats
Bangalore to Chennai bus TNSTC is of different types. You can select the one that suits your budget. Check Bangalore to Chennai bus timings TNSTC to see the timings.
- Non-A/C Sleeper: This bus has a sleeper facility, making it a good choice for an overnight journey. However, this sleeper coach does not have an air-conditioning facility.
- A/C Sleeper: The best choice for an overnight journey, especially during hot months. An air-conditioned sleeper makes your trip comfortable.
- Non-A/C Seater: This is good for those who travel during the daytime. However, this is preferred by those not comfortable travelling in an air-conditioned bus.
- A/C Seater: A good choice for a comfortable daytime journey, this bus provides a comfortable travel experience without making you feel tired after travelling a long distance
Boarding and Dropping Points Available
TNSTC buses offer several boarding points across Bengaluru. While booking tickets, check the boarding points near you so you can comfortably get on the bus without spending much time travelling to the central bus station. The boarding points in Bengaluru are:
- Electronic City
- Rupena Agrahara
- Satellite Bus Stand
Travelling to different parts of Chennai from the central bus station could be nerve-wracking, especially if you travel back on the same route. So, make sure you note down the dropping points in Chennai to get down to the nearest dropping point to your destination. The TNSTC dropping points in Chennai city are:
- Meenambakkam Airport
Popular Routes of TNSTC Bangalore (Bengaluru) to Chennai
- Bangalore to Tiruchirapalli: Tiruchirappalli is a beautiful ancient town in Tamil Nadu. The city is known for its many beautiful temples with intricate carvings and sculptures, Ranganathaswamy temple being the most popular one. The first and last buses depart from Bangalore at 12 am and 11:30 pm, respectively. The average bus fare is about Rs. 433.
- Bangalore to Tirunelveli: Fondly known as Nellai, Tirunelveli is an ancient city with a history that traces back 2,000 years. Like many other cities in Tamil Nadu, Tirunelveli has a distinct culture rooted in its history and traditions. The first TNSTC bus to Tirunelveli leaves from Bangalore at 1:35 pm, and the last bus departs at 8 pm. The tickets are available from Rs. 705 onwards.
- Bangalore to Nagercoil: It is yet another beautiful town near the tip of the Indian Peninsula. It stretches between the Western Ghats and the Arabian Sea. About 14 TNSTC buses are running from Bangalore to Nagercoil. The bus fare is about Rs. 780.
- Chennai to Velankanni: Famous for being home to the Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health, Velankanni is a small coastal town in Tamil Nadu. The first and last buses from Chennai to Velankanni leave at 7:45 am and 11:30 pm, respectively. More than 100 TNSTC buses are plying this route. The bus fare starts from Rs.338 onwards.
- Chennai to Madurai: Located on River Vaigai, Madurai is an ancient city with beautiful temple towers dominating the city skyline. The first TNSTC bus leaves Chennai for Madurai at 5:30 am, and the last leaves for Madurai at 11:45 pm.
- Chennai to Kumbakonam: Known for its numerous temples, the city has earned the Temple City nickname The city proudly flaunts its rich culture and heritage. The TNSTC buses ply this route throughout the day. The first bus leaves at midnight, and the last trip starts at 11:45 pm.
How to Book TNSTC Tickets from Bangalore to Chennai
To book TNSTC tickets online, log in to the Redbus website or app.
- Enter your starting point and destination in the fields marked “From” and “To”.
- Next, enter the travel date and preferred time of travel.
- Proceed to enter the travellers' details, such as the number of adults, children etc.
- Select the service class – the type of bus you prefer – from the drop-down list, which displays all the service types available on that route. If you want to see all options, select “all classes”. Then proceed to “search services”.
- You will get a display of selected services filtered according to your preferences. Select the most suitable option and click on the “Book” tab.
- Next, you must select seats from the layout displayed on the screen.
- Specify your ID card, personal details, and contact details and proceed. You will get a booking summary with the route, the number of passengers and the total booking amount.
- Proceed to payment. Once you finish the booking, you will get a confirmation SMS/mail to the contact number/mail id specified in your contact details.