Pondicherry Bus Tickets
Pondicherry is popularly known as the city of beaches. People from far and wide travel to Pondicherry to find peace and solace. The whole city is painted in light pastel shades, making the city even more beautiful. Pondicherry also has gorgeous resorts where you can blissfully spend your time and unwind. The place has a rich diversity.
Important routes to and from Pondicherry
A bus from Pondicherry can take you to different cities. Some popular routes to and from Pondicherry are:
- Pondicherry to Chennai: Chennai is about 150 kilometres apart from Pondicherry. A bus from Pondicherry will reach the destination in about 3 hours. A bus ticket to Chennai would cost you around Rs.300.
- Pondicherry to Karaikal: Karaikal is located about 132 kilometres away from Pondicherry. This distance can be easily covered in 2.5 hours. The average bus fare is around Rs.400.
- Pondicherry to Mahe: Mahe is 609 kilometres away from Pondicherry. This distance can be easily covered by a Pondicherry bus in about 13 hours. The price of the ticket is around Rs.1100.
- Pondicherry to Nagercoil: The distance between Pondicherry and Nagercoil is about 576 kilometres and you can take a bus to cover this distance in 9.5 hours. The average price of a Nagercoil ticket is about Rs.900
You can check the redBus app for a complete list of routes.
Popular buses to and from Pondicherry
Different bus operators are functional in Pondicherry. If you want to take a bus from Pondicherry, you can choose from these operators. Some of the popular bus operators whose buses run to and from Pondicherry are:
Address in the city: 250, Thirunallar Main Road, Pachur, Karaikal, Pondicherry
Contact No: 9865511926
Minimum Ticket Price: Rs. 500
Address in the city: No 4, Ayyanar Koil St, Raja Nagar, Orleanpet, Puducherry
Contact No: 0490 233 7500
Minimum Ticket Price: Rs.140
Address in the city: 258, Maraimalai Adigal Salai, Raja Nagar, Pudupalaiyam, Puducherry
Contact No: 0413 220 3452
Minimum Ticket Price: Rs. 350
Address in the city: Rajiv Gandhi Central Bus stand, Maraimalai Adigal Salai, Pondicherry
Contact No: 0413 - 4209655
Minimum Basic Price: Rs.175
All the buses managed by the operators are in good condition. These buses are well equipped with amenities like reading lights, air conditioners, etc.
Boarding and Dropping Points
Pondicherry is known for having multiple pick up and drop off points. While you book Pondicherry bus tickets using the redBus app, you can also choose your pick up and drop off points for the journey. These stops are located within the central city. Some of them are even remotely located to make things convenient for all passengers. The boarding or the drop off points are:
- Aravind Eye Hospital
- Bye Pass
- Gingee Junction
- Indira Gandhi Statue
- University gate
- MVM College
The list above does not include all the bus stops. You can check the redBus app while booking a Pondicherry bus for a comprehensive list. To catch your bus to Pondicherry, you can take up a local cab or a taxi to the bus station. Small local buses might drop you on the bus stand.
Important places to visit in Pondicherry
Pondicherry is a city of beaches. You can take a Pondicherry bus and explore the colourful city and the beautiful places it has to offer. Some popular places which you can visit during your Pondicherry travel are as follows:
- Paradise Beach: This beach is also known as the Plage Paradiso. The beach is very close to the central city. You can take a bus to Pondicherry and near this beautiful beach. The beach is a little isolated, and it can give you the comfort you need. You can sip on some fresh coconut water and enjoy the beauty of the beach.
- Aurobindo Ashram: It is one of the most beautiful ashrams in South India. The ashram came into existence as Sri Aurobindo used to sit there with his community of disciples. It has soothing walls painted in pastel shades.
- Scuba Diving: Pondicherry is quite well known for its adventurous activities. Scuba diving is one of them. You can go scuba diving into the deep sea to see the bright coral reefs and have the time of your life. You also see some sea animals while indulging in the adventure sport.
- Cafes in Pondicherry: Pondicherry is known for its beautiful restaurants. There are excellent dine-in options for people. The cafes are incredibly photogenic and gorgeous. You can sit peacefully and sip your coffee in several French and Italian cafes. You can take a bus to Pondicherry and experience the city's rich café culture.
Also, the state's population is relatively low, making it an ideal place for travelling. You can take a bus from Pondicherry to visit the nearby cities. A bus to Pondicherry can be booked using the redBus app.
A bus from Pondicherry can be quickly booked using the redBus app. You can safely travel on a Pondicherry bus if you book it using the redBus app.