APSRTC Bus from Vijayawada to Rajahmundry
The APSRTC headquarters are set in the RTC house at Pandit Nehru bus station in Vijayawada. Founded in the year 1958, in adherence to the Road Transport Corporation Act of 1950, it runs a large variety of comfortable buses in accordance with passenger comfort. It was first a part of the Nizam State Rail and Road Transport Corporation. They were among the first bus transport corporations to adopt live tracking systems, with GPS devices fitted in all types of buses.
APSRTC believes in keeping its passengers happy and satisfied. They provide various facilities which aid the passengers in a more safe and comfortable journey from source to drop destination. They additionally are known for their friendly and helpful staff. Depending on the type of bus chosen, the amenities may vary.
The various amenities generally provided are:
- Charging port
- Bottles of mineral water
- Air fresheners
- Air conditioner
- Seat covers are disposable
The best part about APSRTC buses is the fact that they provide a variation in bus type so that passengers can choose the one they find most comfortable. These buses are also affordable and provide the top in class buses for regular day to day travellers.
redBus allows easy filtered booking of APSRTC buses, and this can be done either through the redBus application or website. The amenities can be filtered and chosen to meet traveller needs. For more information about the amenities, visit the redBus website or application.
Types of APSRTC buses
Through online booking, travellers have the option to select the type of bus that they prefer to complete their travel in. The APSRTC has a considerable variation in bus types, each catered in accordance with various customer needs.
The types of APSRTC buses available are:
- Vennela A/C Sleeper: This bus is two-tiered and can carry a maximum passenger count of 24 people.
- Garuda A/C coach: The bus provided its passengers with luxury travel experience by including provisions such as pushback seats, air conditioners, reading lights, television allowing both audio as well as visual entertainment, etc.
- Amaravathi A/C: This bus usually services overnight and has a passenger capacity of 47 people.
- Scania Desire A/C: This bus is suitable for travellers who are travelling on a budget but also need air conditioning facilities for their travel.
These options can be filtered, making bus ticket booking on redBus smooth and straightforward.
Average prices and duration of travel - Vijayawada to Rajahmundry
The average time taken for bus travel from Vijayawada to Rajahmundry is 4 hours and 30 minutes. The bus fare starts at 138 rupees.
Boarding and dropping points available
Boarding points available at Vijayawada:
- Benz circle
- Ramavarapuda Ring Road
- Auto Nagar
- Siddhartha College
Dropping points available at Rajahmundry:
The first APSRTC bus from Vijayawada to Rajahmundry is at 12:30 am, and the last bus is at 11:59 pm. The distance being covered is approximately 158 Kms. For smooth bus ticket booking redBus comes in extremely handy.
Safety measures taken by APSRTC during COVID-19
APSRTC prides itself on passenger comfort but more importantly, on passenger safety. Taking into account the current situation of the pandemic, a large number of safety measures are being taken. Given the extremely infectious nature of COVID-19, these measures are being carried out strictly to ensure passengers remain safe and healthy.
These measures include:
- Deep cleaning and sanitation of the bus before use and departure
- Staff are required to wear masks at all time
- Passengers are requested to carry masks
- Sanitation of hands using the hand sanitisers provided
- Stopping the provision of blankets and linens to prevent infection through contact.
- The number of passengers boarding the bus is also limited to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
The details regarding these measures and amenities can be checked on either the redBus application or the website.
Popular routes and places to visit
Popular APSRTC routes from Vijayawada:
Popular places to visit in Vijayawada:
The Undavalli Caves serve as evidence of the rich history and heritage of the region. Dedicated to Lord Padmanabha and Lord Narasimha, these hand-carved rock temples date back more than a thousand years. Its base was available sandstone. It is one of the early examples of the Gupta empire.
Popular APSRTC routes to Rajahmundry:
Popular places to visit in Rajahmundry:
The Godavari bridge serves as a significant landmark on the river Godavari and hence serves as a popular tourist location.
How to Book an APSRTC bus on redBus?
redBus makes the task of booking APSRTC bus tickets much easier through its easy to access the website or its easily downloadable application. Going according to the below instructions will ensure a trouble-free and smooth ticket booking experience.
- To book APSRTC buses online, you may either log into the official red bus website or download and open the application on your cell device.
- Fill in the spaces tagged at “From” and “To” with the desired source location and destination respectively.
- In order to narrow down source results, and aim at your specific needs, input the travel date.
- On clicking or pressing the “Search” icon, you will receive all possible routes of travel for the entered locations.
- If you have any other specifications regarding the amenities, these can also be selected and added.
- Select the type of bus you prefer for your travel in order to further filter results.
- Select the APSRTC bus of your preference and book your tickets.
- Choose the desired payment method on completion of ticket booking.
And just like that in eight simple steps, you can have a smooth and safe journey to your desired location!