APSRTC Bus from Vijayawada to Rajahmundry
The APSRTC headquarters are set in the RTC house at Pandit Nehru bus station in Vijayawada. Founded in 1958, following the Road Transport Corporation Act of 1950, it runs many comfortable buses for passenger comfort. It was first a part of the Nizam State Rail and Road Transport Corporation. They were among the first bus transport corporations to adopt live tracking systems, with GPS devices in all buses.
APSRTC believes in keeping its passengers happy and satisfied. Therefore, they provide various facilities that aid the passengers in a safer and more comfortable journey from source to drop destination. They are additionally known for their friendly and helpful staff. Depending on the type of bus chosen, the amenities may vary.
The various amenities generally provided are:
- Charging port
- Bottles of mineral water
- Air fresheners
- Air conditioner
- Seat covers are disposable
The best part about APSRTC buses is that they provide a variation in bus type so that passengers can choose the one they find most comfortable. These buses are affordable and offer top-in-class buses for regular daily travellers.
redBus allows easy filtered booking of APSRTC buses, which can be done either through the redBus application or the website. In addition, the amenities can be filtered and chosen to meet traveller needs. For more information about the amenities, visit the redBus website or application.
Types of APSRTC buses
Through online booking, travellers can select the type of bus they prefer to complete their travel in. As a result, the APSRTC has a considerable variation in bus types, each catering to various customer needs.
The types of APSRTC buses available are:
- Vennela A/C Sleeper: This bus is two-tiered and can carry a maximum passenger count of 24 people.
- Garuda A/C coach: The bus provided its passengers with a luxury travel experience by including provisions such as pushback seats, air conditioners, reading lights, and television, allowing both audio as well as visual entertainment etc.
- Amaravathi A/C: This bus usually services overnight and has a passenger capacity of 47 people.
- Scania Desire A/C: This bus is suitable for travellers travelling on a budget but also needs air conditioning facilities.
These options can be filtered, making bus ticket booking on redBus smooth and straightforward.
Average prices and duration of travel - Vijayawada to Rajahmundry
The average bus travel from Vijayawada to Rajahmundry is 4 hours and 30 minutes. The bus fare starts at 138 rupees.
Boarding and dropping points available
Boarding points available at Vijayawada:
- Benz Circle
- Ramavarapuda Ring Road
- Auto Nagar
- Siddhartha College
Dropping points available at Rajahmundry:
The first APSRTC bus from Vijayawada to Rajahmundry is at 12:30 am, and the last is at 11:59 pm. The distance being covered is approximately 158 Km. For smooth bus ticket booking, redBus comes in extremely handy.
Popular routes and places to visit
Popular APSRTC routes from Vijayawada:
Popular places to visit in Vijayawada:
The Undavalli Caves provide evidence of the region's rich history and heritage. Dedicated to Lord Padmanabha and Lord Narasimha, these hand-carved rock temples date back more than a thousand years. Its base was available sandstone. It is one of the early examples of the Gupta empire.
Popular APSRTC routes to Rajahmundry:
Popular places to visit in Rajahmundry:
The Godavari bridge is a significant landmark on the river Godavari and is a popular tourist location.
How to Book an APSRTC bus on redBus?
redBus makes booking APSRTC bus tickets much easier through its easy access to the website or its easily downloadable application. Following the instructions below will ensure a trouble-free and smooth ticket booking experience.
- To book APSRTC buses online, you may either log into the official red bus website or download and open the application on your cell device.
- Fill in the spaces “From” and “To” with the desired source location and destination, respectively.
- To narrow down source results, and aim at your specific needs, input the travel date.
- On clicking or pressing the “Search” icon, you will receive all possible travel routes for the entered locations.
- If you have other amenities specifications, these can also be selected and added.
- Select the type of bus you prefer for travel to filter results further.
- Select the APSRTC bus of your preference and book your tickets.
- Choose the desired payment method on completion of ticket booking.
And just like that, you can have a smooth and safe journey to your desired location in eight simple steps!