Tada Bus Tickets
Tada Falls Travel Guide
Tada Falls is a waterfall situated in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh, India. It is also known as Ubbalamadugu Falls. Some locals have also named it as the Kambakam Falls. The waterfall is 100 meters in height, and one can see crystal clear water falling from such height at Tada Falls. Thada Falls is located in a forest in Chittoor district known as Siddulaiah Kona forest. It is a famous spot for trekking and camping and has a lot of visitors throughout the year. The natural attractions at Tada Falls and places around it are delightful and serene. You can also spot many monkeys in this region who are not hesitant to share lunch with visitors! Read on to know more details about Tada falls.
Tada Falls Highlights
• Natural Waterfall
• Trekking of 10 KM
• Natural sights in Siddulaiah forest
• Great spot for camping and picnicking
• Shiva temple on the trekking path
• Explore Tada village
How to Reach Tada Falls by Bus?
Buses are available to reach Varadaiahpalem, which is the nearest bus station to Tada waterfalls. There are SETC (Tamil Nadu State buses) buses from the Koyambedu bus stand in Chennai to Varadaiahpalem, which is 8 KM apart from the forest department check post near Tada Falls. One can easily get an auto rickshaw from Varadaiahpalem to the check post of the forest department. You can also find buses from Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu to Tada city in Andhra Pradesh. Tada City is approximately 24 KMS far from the Tada Falls, including the trekking distance of 10 KMS.
The various cities from which you can get buses to Tada city easily are:
• Vijayawada to Tada – The first bus from Vijayawada to Tada leaves around 12:15 AM, and the last bus departs at 11:55 PM.
• Guntur to Tada – The first bus from Guntur to Tada leaves at 02:30 AM, and the last bus departs at 11:59 PM.
• Chilakaluripet to Tada – The first bus from Chilakaluripet to Tada leaves at midnight, and the last bus leaves at 11:50 PM.
• Ongole to Tada – The first bus from Ongole to Tada leaves at 01:25 AM, and the last bus leaves around 11:59 PM.
• Hyderabad to Tada – The first bus from Hyderabad to Tada leaves at midnight, and the last bus departs at 08:45 PM.
The major bus stations near Tada Falls are as follows:
• Varadaiahpalem village, which is 12 KMS far from the Tada Falls.
• Sricity Bus Stand, which is 28 KMS far from the Tada Falls.
• Tada City Bus Stop, which is 24 KMS far from the Tada Falls.
You can also book a taxi to the Tada Falls from Tada City, but you can only go 1 KM far from the basecamp situated near the Tada forest department check post. If you are renting a car, make sure it is an SUV or vehicles with high ground clearance because the roads are sloppy, and it would be very difficult for a small vehicle to climb up. You can also take a taxi from Padi Junction, Chennai, to Varadaiahpalem village.
Popular Bus Operators on this route
The popular bus operators on this route (including routes to Tada city) are as follows:
• Kaveri Enterprises
• Sri Krishna Travels
• Karan Tours and Travels
• Yamani Travels
• SRS Travels
• Orange Travels
The nearest airport from Tada Falls is Tirupati airport, Andhra Pradesh, 517520.
Nearest Railway Station
The nearest railway station to Tada Falls is the Tada town railway station, 524401.
Places to Visit in Tada Falls
• Tada Waterfalls – The charismatic Ubbalamadugu waterfalls will make you spend more time. The waterfalls are 100-meter-high, and you can enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
• Trekking from Basecamp – The trekking distance is around 10 KM. You have to travel from the parking spot until you see a small stream. After crossing this stream, you have to follow a muddy road to Tada Falls. Make sure that you do follow the stream going alongside the trekking path because, at some places, there are no other indications, and you may get lost. You can also visit a famous Shiva temple that you will come across on your trekking path.
• Siddulaiah Kona Forest Camping – The lush green vegetation and beautiful natural sights are a major attraction in the Siddulaiah Kona forest.
Places to Visit near Tada Falls
The places to visit around Tada Falls are as follows:
• Nagari Hills – Nagari Hills are situated 75 KMS far from the Tada Falls. The highest cliff on these hills is known as the Nagari Nose as it resembles a human nose. These hills are best for sightseeing and trekking. They are located 885 meters above sea level.
• Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple – It is 79 KM far from Tada Falls and is a beautiful temple in Tirupati. It also has a great backstory, and many devotees visit this temple throughout the year.
• Pulicat Lake Bird Sanctuary – It is located on the Barricade island at the border of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. The Tada Falls distance from this sanctuary is 81 KM. It is India’s second-largest brackish water ecosystem and is a must-visit place for bird lovers and ornithologists.
• Kailasakona Falls – It is a 30-meter-high waterfall in Andhra Pradesh. It is situated 84 KMS away from the Tada Falls. This place is also of religious importance related to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
Tada Falls Weather and Best Time to Visit
Tada Waterfalls has tropical weather. Compared to winters, summers witness more rainfall. The best time to visit Tada Falls would be from August to December when the sun is less intense, and you can enjoy a moderate temperature. It is not advisable to plan your trip between March and June as it is not a good time to visit Tada Falls location.
Tips While Visiting Tada Falls
• Beware of monkeys while visiting the Tada Falls. Keep your snacks/essentials packed in the bag as there are many monkeys in this area.
• Make sure to book your bus ticket to the nearest bus station, i.e., Varadaiahpalem village. It would be best if you tried to book bus tickets from a trusted source like redBus.
• It would be good if you trek the path to Tada Falls. Taxis and other vehicles can be booked, but they can’t go much farther, and you may face problems in driving upwards.