Hoshangabad Bus Tickets
Hoshangabad is a city in Madhya Pradesh, located on the banks of the Narmada River. The city was earlier known after this river as Narmadapuram. It was later renamed after the earlier ruler of Malwa, Sultan Hoshang Shah Ghori. The water bodies along the city include Tawa, Dudhi, and Denwa as well as lake Pachmarhi. As of 7th February 2022, Hoshangabad has been renamed to its initial name Narmadapuram.
Like other areas, Hoshangabad was also ruled by several rulers over the period, including the Mughal Empire, Marathas, Scindia, Bhopal Raja, etc. The present-day Hoshanbagad district used to be a part of Central Provinces and Berar in the earlier times, which later merged with the state of Madhya Bharat. At the time of the formation of Madhya Pradesh, this district was part of the Bhopal Division but was later deemed an individual district for the implementation of the Tawa River Project.
Geographically, Narmadapuram is located between the Narmada Valley and Satpura Plateau. The city is surrounded by Raisen, Narsimhapur, Chhindwara, Betul, Harda, and Sehore districts. Agriculture is the main industry of Narmadapuram, especially soybean. The fertile land of this city makes it the largest soybean producer in the country. The presence of various rivers ensures proper irrigation boosting the agricultural prospects of the city.
Narmadapuram experiences a hot and dry climate due to its proximity to the Tropic of Cancer. The maximum temperature may go up to 43 degrees in summer. The city gets plenty of rainfall and has a dry and mild winter season. Despite these weather conditions, there are plenty of tourists visiting here every year to see the various cultural monuments, beautiful locations, etc.
Famous Places to Visit in and Around Hoshangabad
Hoshangabad, situated in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, is a city steeped in history and natural beauty. Nestled along the banks of the Narmada River, Hoshangabad offers visitors a variety of attractions in and around the city. Here are some of the top places to visit:
- Sethani Ghat: A picturesque riverside location on the banks of the Narmada River, Sethani Ghat is an ideal spot for picnics and leisurely strolls. It is also a hub of cultural activities, especially during festivals like Narmada Jayanti and Kartik Purnima.
- Hushang Shah Fort: Located in the heart of Hoshangabad, this ancient fort is named after the city's founder, Hoshang Shah. The fort's ruins serve as a testament to the region's rich history and architectural prowess.
- Salkanpur Temple: Situated about 40 km from Hoshangabad, this revered Hindu temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga. It is located atop a hill and offers stunning panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
- Pachmarhi: A picturesque hill station about 127 km from Hoshangabad, Pachmarhi is often referred to as the "Queen of Satpura." It boasts lush greenery, waterfalls, and ancient caves, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers and history enthusiasts alike.
- Bori Wildlife Sanctuary: Located about 60 km from Hoshangabad, Bori Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the oldest forest reserves in India. The sanctuary is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including tigers, leopards, and several species of deer.
- Satpura Tiger Reserve: About 90 km from Hoshangabad, the Satpura Tiger Reserve is an expansive wildlife reserve that encompasses the Bori Wildlife Sanctuary, Pachmarhi Wildlife Sanctuary, and Satpura National Park. It is home to numerous species of animals, including tigers, leopards, sloth bears, and more.
- Tawa Dam and Reservoir: The Tawa Dam, located about 45 km from Hoshangabad, is built on the Tawa River. The reservoir created by the dam is a popular spot for boating and picnics, offering a serene setting for relaxation.
- Bandrabhan: A small riverside town situated about 10 km from Hoshangabad, Bandrabhan is known for its scenic beauty and the annual Narmada Mahotsav, a cultural event celebrating the Narmada River.
These attractions in and around Hoshangabad offer visitors a glimpse into the region's rich history, culture, and natural beauty. From ancient forts and temples to serene riverside ghats and lush wildlife sanctuaries, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Best Time to Visit Hoshangabad
Since Hoshangabad has a dry and hot climate and receives high rainfall, winter is the ideal time for a visit here. You can choose any month between October to February and enjoy the various tourist places in and around the city. Since the rainfall gets heavy during monsoon, it will not be easy to travel in this season. Summers are out of the question due to a high-temperature range in the 40s. The winter months and holiday season will be the best time to see Narmadapuram. The festival season and other festivals such as Amavasayas, Makar Sankranti, Mahashivratri etc are other recommended times for a visit.
Buses and Railway Connectivity
Hoshangabad has strong road and rail connectivity from various locations within Madhya Pradesh and other neighbouring states. The city is about 80 km from Bhopal and is on NH 69. Hoshangabad (Narmadapuram) bus routes are available from all major cities in Madhya Pradesh.
As for rail connectivity, train services such as Goa express, Inter-city Express, Jaipur-Bangalore Express, Karnataka Express, Malwa Express, Narmada Express, Tamil Nadu Express, etc connect to the city from other states.
Famous Bus Routes from Hoshangabad (Narmadapuram)
- Hoshangabad to Balaghat
- Hoshangabad to Bhopal
- Hoshangabad to Chhindwara
- Hoshangabad to Indore
- Hoshangabad to Jodhpur
- Hoshangabad to Seoni
Famous Bus Routes to Hoshangabad (Narmadapuram)
- Balaghat to Hoshangabad
- Bhopal to Hoshangabad
- Chhindwara to Hoshangabad
- Harda to Hoshangabad
- Indore to Hoshangabad
- Seoni to Hoshangabad
Hoshangabad (Narmadapuram) is a unique place in Central India that has a variety of interesting places to visit. The place is easier to reach by bus or train. Hoshangabad online bus tickets are available with redBus. You can complete the booking process conveniently and get the Hoshangabad bus tickets in digital format. You can find different types of buses suitable for your needs from most parts of India. If you are living in a distant place there are trains connecting to this place.