APSRTC Bus from Visakhapatnam to Rajahmundry
Andhra Pradesh State Transport Corporation (APSRTC) operates intrastate and interstate services connecting small towns and cities within the state and the surrounding states. Established in 1932 as Nizam State Rail & Road Transport Department (NSR-RTD), this state-operated service grew over the years, and now they have a fleet of more than 22,596 buses. The buses serve neighbouring states such as Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, and Karnataka. The corporation serves more than 75,00,000 passengers daily and connects 14,000 villages to cities and towns, thus forming the lifeline of the people. The corporation provides one of the most effective online reservation systems to provide a and comfortable travel experience to passengers. Check our bus schedules to know more about the APSRTC bus timings from Visakhapatnam to Rajahmundry.
Amenities, Distance, Duration, and Average Fare
Visakhapatnam and Rajahmundry are two cities in Andhra Pradesh, located about 190 km apart. The journey takes about 3 to 4 hours. About 127 APSRTC buses ply this route. Visakhapatnam to Rajahmundry APSRTC bus fare starts at Rs.212 onwards. Talking of APSRTC Visakhapatnam to Rajahmundry bus timings, the first bus to Visakhapatnam leaves at 12.15 am, and the last bus leaves at 11.30 pm.
- APSRTC buses offer the best amenities to their passengers. Some amenities onboard are:
- Air suspension system
- Mineral water bottle
- Attendant's assistance
- Audio & video facilities
- One Woollen Blanket per passenger (Sleeper coaches)
- White single bed sheet per passenger (Sleeper coaches)
- Snacks and drinks (payable, available on AC coaches)
- Individual reading lamps (Scania buses)
- Cell phone chargers (Scania buses)
Types of Buses
- Amaravathi A/C: These specially adapted coaches typically ply between cities located about 10 hours apart by road. These buses are equipped with an air suspension system to offer better comfort to the passengers. The seating capacity is 47. It offers complimentary mineral water and video and audio facilities.
- Vennela AC Sleeper: These sleeper coaches are suitable for overnight journeys between cities located about 10 hours away from each other. The coach comes with a capacity of 24 passengers. It has a suspension system to provide better comfort. A bedsheet and woollen blanket are provided. Every passenger is provided with a bottle of mineral water.
- Garuda Plus (Multi Axle A.C.): The Garuda fleet includes 23 Mercedes Benz and Volvo buses. These are multi-axil buses with air conditioning. The buses have reclining seats that are ergonomically designed. LED destination boards and reading lights add more comfort. The buses have mobile charging pods as well.
- Garuda (A/C Coach): Well-equipped APSRTC AC buses from Visakhapatnam to Rajahmundry with 45 pull/push-back seats arranged in 2x2 dimensions, reading lamps and audio/video facilities; these buses are designed to offer utmost comfort to the passengers. Every passenger gets a complimentary bottle of mineral water. Snacks and drinks are available on payment. You will be provided with a blanket to make yourself comfortable throughout the journey.
- Scania Desire A/C Buses: These buses were introduced to provide A/C buses at an affordable price. It comes with all premium facilities such as adjustable seats, mobile chargers, reading lamps etc.
In addition to these buses, APSRTC also has Ultra Deluxe and Super Luxury buses.
Boarding and Dropping Points
There are many boarding points in Visakhapatnam where you can board APSRTC buses. You need not travel to the main bus station to access these buses.
- Maddilapalem Highway
- NAD Junction
- Rama Talkies
- Steel Plant
There are many APSRTC dropping points across Rajahmundry. The main dropping points are:
Popular Routes of APSRTC (Visakhapatnam, Rajahmundry)
- Visakhapatnam to Anakapalle: Anakapalle, the coastal city, is one of the most important Buddhist sites in Andhra Pradesh. About 135 buses are plying this route. The first bus from Visakhapatnam to Anakapalle leaves at 5 am, and the last departs at 11:45 pm. The bus fare starts from Rs. 48.
- Visakhapatnam to Annavaram: Located on the banks of the Pampa River, Annavaram is a small village. Well connected to Visakhapatnam by around 119 buses, Annavaram tickets cost from Rs.138 onwards. The first bus leaves Annavaram by around 12:15 am, whereas the last bus departs at 11:45 pm.
- Visakhapatnam to Kakinada: The coastal town of Kakinada is the fifth largest town in Andhra Pradesh. The town is connected to Visakhapatnam by around 97 buses that ply this route daily. The first and the last buses leave at 4 am and 11:55 pm, respectively.
- Rajahmundry to Gajuwaka: Located near Visakhapatnam, Gajuwaka is the largest shopping district in the state. Rajahmundry is well-connected to other towns by APSRTC services. The first bus service to Rajahmundry leaves at 12:15 am and the last bus leaves at 11:29 pm.
- Rajahmundry to Vijayawada: A scenic place with caves and statue-adorned sandstone hillsides, Vijayawada is located on the banks of the Krishna River. The journey from Rajahmundry to Vijayawada takes about nine hours. The first bus leaves at 12:30 am, and the last departs at 11:45 pm.
- Rajahmundry to Hyderabad: This beautiful city serves as the capital of Telangana state and the de jure state headquarters of Andhra Pradesh. The city is home to many companies and industries, making it one of India's busiest cities. Rajahmundry is connected to Hyderabad by APSRTC bus services. The services are available throughout the day, the first at 1:15 am and the last at 11:55 pm.
How to Travel on an APSRTC Bus from Visakhapatnam to Rajahmundry
- To book an APSRTC ticket, log on to your redBus account (website) or the mobile app.
- Start filling in the places – your starting point and destination – on the respective fields marked as “from” and “To”.
- Select the travel dates from the calendar. Select return dates for the round trip.
- Give the number of passengers (adults and children) and hit the search button.
- You will get all the options available for the selected route on the selected dates.
- Pick up the most suitable service that suits your comfort and budget requirements.
- Once you select the service, you can select the seats from the graphical layout. Once you proceed with booking, you will get a summary of your booking details and the total amount payable.
- Verify the details and proceed with payment. Once you pay the fare, you will receive a confirmation with a detailed itinerary on your phone/ mail.