Tirumala Bus Tickets
Tirumala is famous for housing the second wealthiest temple in India. The Tirumala Sri Venkateswara Temple is also known as the Bholoka Vaikhuntam, the abode of Lord Vishnu on Earth. It is believed that Lord descended on the earth and it was here where he transformed himself into a stone rendering it one of the most powerful idols. The temple is open for all and sees a huge footfall throughout the year.
Tirumala bus service is mainly operated by APSRTC. Whether it is a bus to Tirumala or a bus from Tirumala, APSRTC provides various options for a luxurious and comfortable journey from all the nearest points of destinations.
Important routes to and from Tirumala
- Tirumala to Vellore: It has a distance of approximately 100 odd km which usually takes 4-5 hours by bus. The lowest bus rate on this route is Rs. 149.
- Tirumala to Chennai: It takes just over 3 hrs to cover the distance of 133 km between these places. The minimum bus fare on this route is Rs. 164.
- Kuppam to Tirumala: Kuppam and Tirumala are approximately 250 km apart which takes around 5-6 hrs at the lowest rate of Rs. 220.
- Tirumala to Bangalore is one of the most popular routes to the shrine which takes approximately 6 hrs to travel 260 km. The lowest ticket fare on this route is Rs. 280.
- Krishnagiri to Tirumala: The travel from Krishnagiri to Tirumala takes approximately 11-13 hrs with a minimum fare of Rs. 250.
Popular Buses to and from Tirumala
The only bus operator that provides services to and from Tirumala is APSRTC. The state transport authority has got their ticket counters and offices in all the popular destinations where their services are available.
The buses are mainly Vennela AC sleeper, Garuda AC Coach, Amaravati AC bus, and Scania Desire AC buses. Most of these are available on all routes.
The APSRTC counters are available at Marathahalli, Domlur, Electronic City, BTM, etc. The Tirumala bus tickets are available online and these counters help with customer care as well.
The Chennai office address is, Inside Madhavaram Bus Terminus, Madhavaram,
Chennai - 600060
New Bus Stand Building, Near Vijaya Bank, Gandhi Nagar, Vellore - 632004
Contact No: 04162235881
Though there is no official counter for the state transport at Krishnagiri, there is an agent from where you can book the tickets.
Address: Lakshmi Enterprises, 2/27- D, Mallinayanapalli, M.C.Palli Village Post,
Krishnagiri - 635120
Contact No: 9787442348
RTC Depot Rd, Kuppam, Andhra Pradesh 517425
Contact No: 9959225681
Boarding and Dropping Points
All bus services starting and ending in Tirumala have only one point where the passengers board and disembark. This is common for all buses regardless of their luxury status.
Important Locations to visit
Tirumala Temple is not the only tourist spot pilgrimage center in Tirumala. There are other destinations that attract tourists. A few of them are:
- Sila Thoranam: This is a naturally formed rock formation, in the form of a bridge that makes a rocky arch. This nature’s wonder is one of the underrated tourist destinations that hold both natural beauty and calmness to it.
- Akasha Ganga: It is the pristine waterfall at the foothill of the mountain Venkatadri. This waterfall is believed to have originated from the holy feet of Lord Venkateswara.
- Sri Venkateswara Wildlife Sanctuary: It is the best bet for some wildlife exploration. The entry to this wild forest is from Papanasam Dam and Talakona waterfalls. A complete trek from one point to the other is about 30 km.
- Chakra Theertham: It is a waterfall close to the Sila Thranam having the legend that the creator here was created by the Sudarshana Chakra of Lord Vishnu. It is also believed that a visit to this place and touching the soil here is equivalent to touching the lord’s Lotus feet.
- Sri Venkateswara Museum: This is where the history of this place is preserved. It houses various artifacts and other ancient items. It also provides a meditation hall for a peaceful time for the devotees.
Is it safe to visit Tirumala right now?
Tirumala temple was opened for the public after the lockdown, in June. The temple guidelines say that aged people, pregnant women, and children under the age of 10 are advised against visiting the temple. Whoever is visiting must be wearing masks and must sanitize their hands before entering the premises. They must also undergo thermal screening and other precautionary measures. Online booking for darshan saves time and is a safer option than purchasing tickets at the counter. More details on the COVID-19 restrictions and regulations for Tirumala may be accessed on redBus online portal.
Pilgrims may have to get an e-pass to travel to Tirumala, depending upon where they are coming from. There are still restrictions on inter-state travel.