Mahabalipuram Bus Tickets
Mahabalipuram is a city with immense cultural importance. It has several temples and antique forts. This makes Mahabalipuram a trendy city of Southern India. People from all over the world flock at Mahabalipuram to experience the rich heritage and beautiful culture of the city.
Important routes to and from Mahabalipuram
Mahabalipuram attracts a lot of tourists throughout the year. A bus from Mahabalipuram can be taken once your trip gets completed. You can then take up any popular routes that will take you to your home city. Same is the case if you want to travel to Mahabalipuram from the city you are stationed at. You can book a bus to Mahabalipuram and reach the city. Some of the popular routes taken by a Mahabalipuram bus are as follows:
- Mahabalipuram to Chidambaram: The two cities are about 161 kilometres apart. A Mahabalipuram bus takes around 3.5 hours to reach Chidambaram. The price of the ticket would be somewhere around Rs. 500
- Mahabalipuram to Pondicherry: Pondicherry is only 96 kilometres away from Mahabalipuram. A bus from Mahabalipuram will take about 1.5 hours to reach the destination. A ticket would cost you somewhere around Rs.250.
- Mahabalipuram to Chennai: Chennai and Mahabalipuram are close. The distance between the two cities is around 56 kilometres which can be covered easily by a bus in 1.5 hours. You might have to pay around Rs.250 to reach Chennai from Mahabalipuram.
- Mahabalipuram to Cuddalore: The two cities are 120 kilometres apart. A Mahabalipuram bus takes about 2 hours to reach Cuddalore. You might have to pay Rs.400 for a ticket.
A bus to other cities can also be taken from Mahabalipuram. You can check the redBus app for all the routes.
Popular buses to and from Mahabalipuram
Several buses pick up passengers from Mahabalipuram or drop them there. Multiple bus operators have their buses coming to Mahabalipuram. You can book a Mahabalipuram bus depending on your requirements and budget. Some of the popular bus service operators managing Mahabalipuram bus are as follows:
- Address in the city: Bus station, Mahabalipuram By-Pass,Mahabalipuram
Contact No: 9384537621
Minimum fare: Rs. 450
- Address in the city: No 14, Othavadai Cross Street, Mamallapuram, Mahabalipuram
Contact No: 9791172803
Minimum fare: Rs. 500
- Address in the city: No 4, Othavadai Street, Near Siva Guest House, Mahabalipuram
Contact No: 044 27443234
Minimum fare: Rs.390
Mentioned above are some of the well-known bus operators of Mahabalipuram. You can take a bus from Mahabalipuram via any of these bus operators mentioned above.
Boarding and Dropping Points
Due to the presence of a lot of places of tourist interest, Mahabalipuram has several pickups and drop off points. You can choose both your pick up as well as drop off points when you take a bus from Mahabalipuram as well as a bus to Mahabalipuram. Some popular boarding and drop off points in the city of Mahabalipuram are as follows:
- Ambalna Nagar
- Mahabalipuram by-pass road
- Mahabalipuram Central bus stop
For a comprehensive list. You can check out the redBus option. You can easily book a bus from Mahabalipuram and also choose the pickup point for the same bus using the redBus app.
Important places to visit in Mahabalipuram
You can take a Mahabalipuram bus to explore the cultural city of Mahabalipuram. A bus to Mahabalipuram can be taken to experience the beauty of the gorgeous temples and other religious places present in the city. Some important areas that can be visited while you are in Mahabalipuram are as follows:
- Shore Temple: Shore Temple is known to be one of the oldest temples of Southern India. The temple showcases a Dravidian style of architecture. It has been made to give a glimpse of the culture of the Pallava dynasty to the people. You can book Mahabalipuram bus tickets using the redBus app if you want to experience this marvel created by ancient humans.
- Mahabalipuram beach: Who doesn’t like spending time strolling across a beach? Mahabalipuram beach is an ideal place for you to spend your sunny days. You can take a Mahabalipuram bus to reach this exotic beach and then spend your day there relaxing. You can then take a bus from Mahabalipuram and go back to your city if it is a one-day trip.
- Five Rathas: This place is known for its marvellous architecture. These are beautiful rock temples which attract a significant number of tourists every year. The Dravidian architecture can be witnessed at its purest form at Five Rathas.
- Arjuna’s Penance: This place is situated a kilometre away from the central city, and you can easily reach here on a Mahabalipuram bus. This is an enormous rock-cut relief which is known to be one of the largest in the entire world.
There are several forts and caves that you can visit when in Mahabalipuram. You can also take a bus to Mahabalipuram and spend some days here, witnessing the beauty of the place.
Is it safe to visit Mahabalipuram right now?
The cases of COVID-19 are drastically falling in Mahabalipuram. Southern cities like Mahabalipuram have taken utmost care in handling these situations pretty well. You can easily take a bus to Mahabalipuram and visit the city. You can give yourself a break from the monotony experienced and go and indulge in exploring the city of Mahabalipuram. The redBus app gives you the option to check the number of active cases in Mahabalipuram. This way you can keep a tab on the situation while you are on a bus to Mahabalipuram. You can then again book a bus from Mahabalipuram using the redBus app without any hassle.
Mahabalipuram is a beautiful city which is handling the entire COVID-19 crisis relatively well. You can book a Mahabalipuram bus using the redBus app without any hassle and have a memorable trip to Mahabalipuram.