How to Reach Badrinath
Badrinath is a town situated in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state. The temple of Badrinath here is among the four major pilgrimage (‘Chardham’) sites in India. Many people from all parts of the country come here to seek the blessing of Lord Vishnu, to whom the temple is dedicated. Badrinath temple is 15 meters in height, and a majority of idols and the rooftops of this temple are made of pure gold. The whole temple is situated in the Garhwal Himalayas, which is 3,100 meters above the sea level. How to reach Badrinath is a common question in the minds of travelers visiting this place. Let us explore more about this holy place.
How to Reach Badrinath?
There are many sources of transportation to reach Badrinath. Let us see how to reach Badrinath:
• By Airways – Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the nearest airport from Badrinath Temple. One can book your flight to this airport, which is 310 KM away from the Badrinath Temple. Once you reach the airport, you will get cab services to the Badrinath Temple. One can also book a helicopter from Dehradun to Badrinath.
• By Train – The nearest railway station from Badrinath Temple is Rishikesh railway station around 292 KM. The Rishikesh railway station is well connected to other cities, and you can find trains to Rishikesh from your city. Once you have reached Rishikesh, you can book a cab for Badrinath. There is no railway station in Badrinath town, so people prefer to travel to Rishikesh railway station and then go to Badrinath. Other railway stations are also preferred for travel to Badrinath like Haridwar railway station, which is 316 KM far from Badrinath Temple & Kotdwar railway station, which is 320 KM far from Badrinath.
By Bus – Badrinath is well connected to nearby cities like Haridwar, Kotdwar, Dehradun, Rishikesh, etc. via the NH-58. One can easily find buses for Haridwar, Kotdwar, etc. You will have to change your bus from nearby cities and catch a bus for Badrinath. There are frequent bus services from Haridwar, Kotdwar, etc. to Badrinath because this route is very busy, and a lot of people come to visit Badrinath. The travel from Joshimath (situated on the way to Badrinath) is not allowed after the evening as the road is very narrow here.
Most Popular Routes to Badrinath
There are many nearby cities where people travel to. Let us see some of the prominent routes to Badrinath:
Places to Visit near Badrinath by Road Journey
There are many places to visit near Badrinath by road such as:
• Dehradun – Your bus may arrive at Dehradun and before you change bus Badrinath, spend some time in this beautiful city, and visit attractions like Guchhu Pani Cave, Tapkeshwar Temple, Shikhar Fall, etc.
• Delhi – Delhi to Badrinath is 536 KM, and you can cover Delhi to Badrinath by bus or car. There are many places to visit in India’s capital city, like Jama Masjid, Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Lotus Temple, etc. You can visit redBus to find more about how to reach Badrinath from Delhi by bus.
• Mana Village – This village is just 8 KM far from Badrinath Temple and is on the way. This village is famous for Vasudhara Falls, a beautiful waterfall with crystal clear water falling from 400 feet.
• Rishikesh – It is 296 KM from Badrinath and is famous for tourist attractions like Lakshman Jhula, Triveni Ghat, Shivpuri, etc.
• Pandukeshwar – It is 24 KM from Badrinath and is famous for Lord Yoga Badri Narayan Temple & Lord Vasudev Temple. The lush green mountains also attract a lot of people here.
How to Get Around Badrinath?
There is no local bus transport system in the Badrinath town. The buses arrive at Badrinath bus station from other cities only. You can find cab services on the Badrinath bus stand only. People can also rent a car, minibus, to go around the Badrinath town. You don’t have to worry about how to reach Badrinath Temple, as a lot of service providers will be available locally in Badrinath.