Paonta Sahib Bus Tickets
Paonta Sahib, Himachal Pradesh is an industrial city associated with the 10th Sikh Guru, Guru Govind Singh. Paonta Sahib is famous for the Gurudwara Shri Paonta Sahib. This is considered a holy place for the Sikh community and makes a popular pilgrimage spot for them.
The city is graced by the river Yamuna. The place is blessed with beautiful hills and valleys and is situated just above 100 km from Chandigarh.
Paonta Sahib bus services are well established with a few popular bus operators having their operations all around. The bus to Paonta Sahib is available from McLeod Ganj, Dharamshala, Una, Kangra, Shimla, etc. Likewise, a bus from Paonta Sahib would also reach these cities and other major cities in and around including that to Amritsar.
Important routes to and from Paonta Sahib
- Paonta Sahib to McLeod Ganj: The 350 odds of kilometers between these cities can be traveled within a span of 10-11 hrs by bus.
- Paonta Sahib to Dharamshala: The 350 km between these cities is reachable within 9-9.30 hrs by bus.
- Paonta Sahib to Kangra: Ithas a distance of 336 km between them and it takes around 8-9 hrs to reach from one to another. The minimum bus fare between these destinations is around Rs. 1000.
- Shimla to Paonta Sahib: Shimla is located at a distance of 170 km which the buses cover at a time span of 6-7 hrs at a minimal fare of Rs. 320.
- Una to Paonta Sahib:It is approximately 230 km away from each other and it takes around 5-6 hrs to travel. The lowest bus rate between these cities is Rs. 137.
Popular Buses to and from Paonta Sahib
- Address in the city: Temple Road, Mcleodganj, Himachal Pradesh
One of the popular bus operators in Ambala, Delhi, Karnal, Haridwar etc, Laxmi Holidays provides basic comfort factors for all. The basic amenities include charging ports, and WiFi for all.
- Address in the city: Ward no 1, Dharamshala, Blader Yol Cantt, Kangra, HP,176052
Bedi Holidays provide AC or non-AC 2+2 seater buses having push back seats. The popular routes for this operator are McLeod Ganj, Rishikesh, Dehradun, Dharamshala, etc.
- Address in the city: Mall Road,McleodGanj,Dharamshala,Himachal Pradesh
Bedi Travels is a popular operator in Delhi, Dharamshala, Shimla, Kangra, Una etc. The buses all have basic provisions for comfort. The buses vary being AC/non-AC seaters, Volvo, and Tata models. The travelers can also be assured about the safety measures.
- Address in the city: Dehradun Road, Vishwakarma Chowk, Paonta Sahib - 173025
HRTC runs buses in 9 different varieties in more than 10 popular tourist spots in northeast India. All the buses are designed to have all the basic amenities to enjoy tourist or pilgrimage trips.
- Address in the city: First Floor, 1125, Radha Krishna Mandir, Kucha Natwa, Chandni Chowk, Central Delhi, Delhi, 110006
Minimum Ticket Price: INR 1,200
This Delhi based operator is popular in the Jammu and Pathankot routes. The buses are covered in safety measures and have a meal break as well. The minimum fare of this operator is Rs.1200.
Boarding and Dropping Points
The common boarding points are:
- Bus stand
- Paonta Sahib
- Paonta Sahib
- Paonta Sahib Bus stand.
These are also the common dropping points as well. There is also one additional dropping point which is Paonta Sahib JEE.
Important Locations to visit
- Churdhar: This is a trekker’s paradise and the highest peak in the district of Sirmaur providing majestic views to other popular peaks of the mighty Himalayas.
- Haripurdhar: This is a small hill station near the Bhangyanai valley, providing picturesque views of the mountains and serving as the base camp for the Churdhar trekkers.
- Baru sahib:This is otherwise known as the Valley of Divine Peace is now known for being a spiritual center.
- Assan Lake: It offers recreational centers and adventurous sports for the tourists.
- Yamuna Temple: It is situated beneath the Gurudwara Paonta Sahib and is an ancient temple devoted to Goddess Yamuna.
Is it safe to visit Paonta Sahib right now?
The State of Himachal Pradesh has around 7k active COVID-19 cases which are currently on a slight surge, forcing the administrators to reduce the public transport facilities. In order to travel, one must register before they can book Paonta Sahib bus tickets. As per the norms, both the staff and passengers must wear masks while traveling. So far only a handful of buses have started functioning from Shimla to Delhi because of the festive season. The other services are yet to return to normal. Check out the online portal of redBus for more updates on the COVID-19 situations in Paonta Sahib.
Paonta Sahib is a historically significant city in Himachal Pradesh. Traveling here is easier as there are regular bus services from all parts of the state. The palace is well connected to other popular tourist destinations in the state and makes a unique detour for a holiday.