APSRTC Bus from Nellore to Vijayawada
The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation is a state-owned transport corporation. It was established in 1958 and was previously a part of the Nizam State Rail and Road Transport Department. The APSRTC acts as a distinct body to TSRTC, which after bifurcation started overseeing road transport for the state of Telangana. Headquartered in Vijayawada, it is affiliated with other regional RTCs like Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Odisha and Chattisgarh.
The RTC currently maintains a fleet of over 11,600 buses. From this, about 8960 are held by the state, and more than 2700 are employed on loan. The APSRTC is an award-winning RTC and became the first state RTC to install live monitoring equipment and regularly utilise them.
While several carriers serve this route, APSRTC buses are by far the most accessible and convenient choice as the state owns them. The incentives and offers you get on redBus often render your ticket prices even more cost-effective, making sure you don't break the bank when travelling in comfort and safety. You can also combine your bus reservations with hotel bookings to save more on a combo deal without compromising on quality.
The Nellore to Vijayawada APSRTC buses is by far some of the most frequented out of the multiple routes and towns that APSRTC buses serve. The RTC sanitises these buses, staff, and travellers take care to maintain social distancing regulations, keep their masks on, and engage in proper hand hygiene.
Amenities and Types of Nellore to Vijayawada APSRTC buses
The APSRTC has several of the country's top buses and has received many accolades including 2012 to 2013 Top Road Safety Award. The RTC currently deploys more than 70 buses on this route, with amenities such as:
- Water bottles
- Emergency exits
- Emergency hammers to break glass
- Push-back seats
- Reading lights
- Luggage racks
These are the types of Nellore to Vijayawada APSRTC buses that are deployed:
- Super-luxury – these non-AC buses feature 2 + 2 push-back seats
- Ultra-deluxe – non-AC buses with reclining seats
These bus types may have varying price points, but they are all quite affordable and comfortable to travel in. Nellore and Vijayawada are approximately 278 kilometres (172 miles) away from each other. Covering this distance by road takes about 5 hours, but this depends on how many stops the bus makes, as well as road and traffic conditions. Depending on time and passenger requirements, the bus driver may choose to stop once or twice along the way at rest stops, food joints, and petrol stations.
The minimum APSRTC bus fare from Nellore to Vijayawada is INR 317, although this may increase depending on the type of bus you choose as well as your travel budget. The APSRTC Nellore to Vijayawada bus timings is updated frequently on the dedicated redBus page. However, it is always a good idea to check with the operators themselves to confirm whether buses ply on your chosen date or not. In general, the first bus leaves Nellore at midnight, and the last bus departs at 23:45.
Boarding and Drop-off Points
Nellore to Vijayawada APSRTC buses chooses to stop at select boarding and drop-off points along the route, to ensure passengers alight at spots that are most convenient to them.
The boarding points in Nellore are:
- PSR Bus Station
- Nellore RTC Bus stand
The drop-off points in Vijayawada are:
- Ramavarappadu Ring
- Vijayawada RTC Bus Stand
- Bandar Road
Safety Measures Followed on APSRTC During COVID-19
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, RTCs have been even more strict about their levels of sanitation and hygiene. The APSRTC has deployed a set of mandatory safety measures to maintain the highest safety standards during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of these measures are:
- Frequent cleaning of bus seats, interiors and terminals
- Discouraging travel for those who exhibit just the slightest signs of cold and cough
- Compulsory face masks for entering buses and visiting bus stations
- Guidance on hand hygiene, cough etiquette and travel advice
- E-ticketing systems
- No blankets in AC buses to prevent virus spread
Popular Routes of APSRTC (Nellore, Vijayawada)
- Hyderabad to Vijayawada: The distance between Vijayawada and Hyderabad is around 275 kilometres (170 miles). The first bus departs at 00:1o and the last bus leaves Hyderabad at 23:57.
- Rajahmundry to Vijayawada: Rajahmundry is a riverside city that is 160 kilometres (99 miles) away from Vijayawada. The first bus leaves at 00:30 from Rajahmundry and the last bus at 23:45.
- Visakhapatnam to Vijayawada: Visakhapatnam is 347.8 kilometres (216 miles) away from Vijayawada. The first bus leaves at 01:30, and the last bus departs at 23:55.
- Nellore to Guntur: Nellore is 241.8 kilometres (150 miles) away from Guntur. The first bus leaves at midnight and the last bus at 23:45.
- Nellore to Bangalore: The Garden City of Bangalore is 387.5 kilometres (240 miles) away from Nellore. The first bus leaves Nellore at 07:30 and the last bus at 23:55.
- Nellore to Hyderabad: The distance between Nellore and Hyderabad, the city of Nizams, is 452 kilometres (280 miles). The first bus leaves at 18:30 and the last bus at 23:00.
How to Travel on an APSRTC Bus from Nellore to Vijayawada
Checking the Nellore to Vijayawada APSRTC bus fare and making your reservations on redBus is convenient and easy. Here’s a handy guide to the process:
- Visit the redBus website or app
- Input Nellore as your point of departure and Vijayawada as the destination
- Hit “search buses”
- Use the filters to pull up only APSRTC buses, and narrow the list down further by amenity or bus type
- Select the bus and timings you prefer
- Choose the seats you want and proceed to pay for your tickets
- Check your email or mobile phone for confirmation and your e-tickets