GSRTC Bus from Surat to Ahmedabad (Bapunagar)
The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) operates within the state of Gujarat and also deploys buses to and from neighbouring states. It was established in 1960 and provided access to 98% of the entire state aside from routes to select major cities in the country.
GSRTC has more than 8,700 buses in its fleet, across a spectrum of bus types and ticket prices. The fleet can ferry 99% of the population and is said to cover more than 47,000 trips. GSRTC owns and operates more than 70 depots across the state in cities and towns including Ahmedabad, Rajkot and Jamnagar.
Many private operators also service the many routes in Gujarat. However, the GSRTC buses from city to city, including the Surat to Bapunagar GSRTC bus, are widely preferred by the broader population as they can be quite affordable.
Amenities and Surat to Bapunagar GSRTC Bus Types
The GSRTC understands the importance of having buses that cater to a variety of budgets and preferences. As a result, their fleet consists of both economical and luxury buses that ply several routes and on long-distance interstate journeys. When booking a Surat to Bapunagar on GSRTC bus, here are some amenities you will likely come across:
- 24x7 helpdesk
- GPS bus tracking
- Recliner seats
- Entertainment services
- Pillows and blankets
- Air conditioning
- Luggage compartments
- Plush seats
- Water bottles
- Reading lights
- Emergency exits
Aside from their regular services the GSRTC also deploys buses for special occasions, on a contract basis or to service pilgrimages or high-frequency transport hubs. Their fleet consists of the following bus types:
- Volvo sleeper: Air-conditioned buses with sleeper berths
- AC Luxury: Air-conditioned buses with plush recliner seats
- AC Seater: Air-conditioned buses with slight push-back seats
- Express: For short-distance journeys with an affordable ticket price
- Minibus: For special services or private contracts
Depending on your budget and requirements, you may get any of these bus types when choosing your Surat to Bapunagar GSRTC bus. Do note that not all of these bus types ply on all routes; the GSRTC Surat to Bapunagar timetable will reflect the kind of bus that will be deployed on that route.
The distance between Surat and Bapunagar is around 265 kilometres (164 miles) and can be covered in under 5 hours given ideal traffic and road conditions. The first Surat to Bapunagar GSRTC bus leaves from Surat early in the morning while the last bus departs at 10 PM. The GSRTC Surat to Bapunagar bus fare is approximately INR 190, although this may increase depending on the bus type and amenities you choose.
Boarding and Drop-off Points
Surat and Ahmedabad are both highly frequented cities, so there are several pick-up and drop-off points to choose from.
In Surat, you can board your GSRTC buses at the following stops:
- Adajan Patiya
GSRTC buses bound for Bapunagar usually stop at just one point. However, they often continue to different parts of the city to drop off other passengers.
Safety Measures Followed on GSRTC Buses During COVID-19
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the GSRTC has made mandatory several safety measures to ensure that travellers can carry out their journeys without fear. Here are some of those measures:
- Social distancing norms maintained
- Mandatory masks for drivers, staff and passengers
- Hand sanitisation at various travel touchpoints
- Regular sanitisation of coaches used
- A fewer number of passengers allowed on board
These measures are changed or added to as and when required to ensure the safety of staff and passengers at all times. To be safe, it is also recommended that those displaying symptoms of a cold and cough refrain from travelling until they feel better. Additionally, children under 10 and elders above 60 years of age are advised to take extra care while travelling.
Popular Routes of GSRTC Surat to Ahmedabad (Bapunagar)
- Surat to Baroda: The former princely state of Vadodara is 154 kilometres (95 miles) away from Surat by road. The first bus departs from Surat at midnight and the last bus at 23:50.
- Surat to Ankleshwar: Ankleshwar is a popular business and pilgrimage site, only 66 kilometres (41 miles) away from Surat by road. The first bus to Ankleshwar from Surat departs at 00:05 and the last bus at 23:50.
- Surat to Kamrej: Kamrej is a satellite city only 23 kilometres (14 miles) away from Surat. The first bus to Kanrej leaves Surat at 00:05, and the last bus departs at 23:45.
- Dhandhuka to Bapunagar: The town of Dhandhuka is 116 kilometres (72 miles) away from Dhandhuka by road. The first bus to Bapunagar from Dhandhuka departs at 00:05 and the last bus at 21:30.
- Barvala to Bapunagar: This village on the banks of the Utavali river is 143 kilometres (88 miles) away from Bapunagar in Ahmedabad. The first bus from the village to Bapunagar is at 00:14, and the last bus is at 23:50.
- Bagodara to Bapunagar: Bagodara is an up-and-coming village around 71 kilometres (44 miles) away from Bapunagar. The first bus to Bapunagar leaves at 01:05, and the last bus departs at 22:00.
How to Travel on a Surat to Bapunagar GSRTC bus
Making a Surat to Bapunagar GSRTC bus with redBus means saying ‘yes’ to great deals and discounts, affordable prices and fantastic customer service. Here’s a step-by-step guide to making a reservation on redBus:
- Enter your pick-up point and destination on the redBus home page or app
- Click on “search buses”
- Use the “filters” option to bring up GSRTC buses
- Filter further by amenities, bus types or seats
- Select the bus you prefer and continue
- Pick your seats and proceed to pay
- Check your email and mobile phone for confirmation and your tickets