Pramukh Swami Maharaj Shatabdi Mahotsav is the celebration of the birth anniversary of one of the most revered saints of BAPS. BAPS stands for Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha. The main aim of this event is to spread the message of brotherhood and the teachings of Swami Maharaj among thousands of people. Usually, the first half of the time is kept reserved for the devotees. The rest of the time is saved for celebrations of various types.
Who Can Attend the Event?
BAPS 100 years' celebration is a much-awaited event. Thousands of people wish to participate in the event and its celebrations. The devotees must register at 'karyakar' – the Satsang Activities Volunteer. However, there is no restriction regarding people entering the event without registering. This event aims to spread Swami Maharaj's message and celebrate his birthday anniversary.
Details of the Event
In case you are waiting for the BAPS upcoming events, this is an event you should attend. The event is planned to be conducted for a complete month. Devotees come in large numbers to seek blessings and to celebrate the birth anniversary of Swami Maharaj.
It takes place in Ahmedabad in Gujarat annually. The celebrations include prayers, setting up fares for visitors, etc. Ahmedabad is one of the major cities in the Indian state of Gujarat. Besides just being famous for its delicious native dishes like Dhokla, Khandvi, Thepla, etc., Ahmedabad has some of the best places to visit and events to attend. One such event is the Pramukh Swami Maharaj Shatabdi Mahotsav.
- Place: It is going to take place in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Venue: Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan (BAPS) Swaminarayan Mandir Shahibaug area of Ahmedabad.
- Cost: Free of cost
- Timings: 2 pm to 10 pm every day; 9 am to 10 pm on Sundays
- Stay: You can consider some stay options near the event's location. Hotels can be booked online by you after looking at the Swaminarayan calendar.
Places to Visit In and Around Ahmedabad
- Sabarmati Ashram: Located on the banks of river Sabarmati, the Sabarmati Ashram is one of the most important tourist places in Ahmedabad. It gives people an insight into the life and lifestyle of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Bhadra Fort: Dating back to 1411, this fort was built by Sultan Ahmad Shah, known to be Ahmedabad's founder. There is a BhadraKali Temple inside the premises of this fort. In addition, there is a large garden and courtyards.
- Jama Masjid:Another important and one of the most beautiful architectural marvels built by Sultan Ahmad Shah is the Jama Masjid of Ahmedabad. It was built in 1423 to bring more people to pray on Fridays.
- Sarkhej Roza:With the beautiful architecture of Islamic buildings, the Sarkhej Roza is the epitome of beauty. Gorgeous latticework and intricate carvings are some of the best-found architectural techniques and patterns here.
- Shah-e-Alam's Roza:Rasulabad Dargah, or the Shah-e-Alam’s Roza, is one of the holiest places in Ahmedabad. Since it is a Sufi shrine, thousands of people come from hundreds of kilometers to watch it and pray. The dome there has the graves of all Shah Alam's family members.
- Rani no Hajiro:This Queen's tomb is away from the noisy clutches of the city and is the best place to see beautiful examples of brilliant architecture.
- Vastrapur Lake:Open theaters and parks bring hundreds of people here daily. Bringing you closer to nature, the Vastrapur lake is one of the best places in Ahmedabad to visit.
- Kankaria Lake:Kankaria lake is the largest water body in Ahmedabad and calls all the tourists and other people to enjoy water sports and activities or scenic beauty.
- Kankaria Zoo:If you are interested in zoological and biological concepts, you might as well be fond of the Kankaria zoo. You can find different species and then say I don't like anyone.
- ISKCON Temple:The Gujarat Sompura and Rajasthani Khamira amalgamation made this temple look the most beautiful.
How to Reach Ahmedabad?
Irrespective of where you are coming from, you can easily travel to Ahmedabad by bus or by booking a can. In case you have time, you can also go by train.
The next time you think of group travel, remember the public transport you can use rather than private ones. It saves the environment by causing less pollution.
Popular Routes from Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad to Gandhinagar
- Ahmedabad to Surat
- Ahmedabad to Vadodara
- Ahmedabad to Rajkot
- Ahmedabad to Chhapi
- Ahmedabad to Indore
- Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Ahmedabad to Delhi
- Ahmedabad to Jaipur
- Ahmedabad to Nagpur
Rent a Bus or Book a Cab Online with rYde
rYde has identified the public’s love and importance of Pramukh Swami Maharaj Shatabdi Mahotsav and has made the renting/hiring of buses and tempo travellers to the event venue easy. We hold buses, tempo travellers and a wide range of cabs equipped with a 24-hour tracking device, all available for booking online.
You can rent, hire, or book buses online through our official website or by downloading our app on your mobile phones.
All you have to do is enter the event details as the reason for hiring, your starting point, and your place of destination being the event venue. Following this, you are required to enter the type of vehicle you prefer with the number of travellers. No booking cost is levied at the time of payment.