MSRTC Bus from Pune to Mumbai
The history of Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) traces back to 1948 when the first bus was flagged off from Pune, travelling 120 km to its destination Ahmednagar. Over the yearsMSRTC, state transport grew, touching new heights and serving millions of people. MSRTC now has a fleet of 18,449 buses operating under them, plying different routes intrastate and interstate. They had a modest beginning with 30 Bedford buses in their fleet. The buses had rigid bodies and coir seats. The luxury class buses were introduced in 1982, during the Asian Games. Their fleet now includes the newest Volvo and Benz buses. The Pune to Mumbai route is one of the busiest, with about 70 daily services plying on this route. ToMSRTCMSRTC ensures that it connects all villages and rural places in the state that can be reached by road.
Amenities, Distance, Duration, and Average Fare
Pune and Mumbai, the two important cities in Maharashtra, are located 150 km apart. The journey takes about three to four hours, depending upon the traf; MSRTCMSRTC Pune to Mumbai offers different types of buses with various amenities to make your Pune-Mumbai trip comfortable. You can select the buses that suit your budget, time preferences and amenities you are looking for. Online booking makes it convenient to choose the type of bus you prefer. If you cannot book online, you can contact the booking offices to get the tickets booked. A non-air-conditioned bus ticket will cost you around Rs. 300, while a luxury class with all amenities would cost around Rs. 615.
Amenities On Board
The MSRTC fleet consists of buses with basic needs and advanced facilities. If you are specific about the amenities on board, choose a suitable bus type that offers the required amenities. Buses with amenities cost you more. Also, check out the MSRTC bus timetable from Pune to Mumbai to learn more about the bus schedules. The amenities available onboard are listed below:
- Air-Conditioner or Fan
- Charging Point
- Fire safety measures
- Night/Reading Lamp
- Recliner seats
- Water bottles
Some of the buses offer more premium amenities like:
- Air fresheners
- Disposable seat covers
Types of MSRTCMSRTC Buses
Pune to Mumbai bus MSRTC are of the following types:
- Ordinary Bus: This is the primary type of bus ideal for daily commuters. It connects most of the towns in Maharashtra.
- Parivartan: This bus class is suitable for those who travel on a small budget. They offer a more comfortable travel experience than ordinary-class buses.
- Asiad: These are non-air conditioned semi-luxury buses with a 2x2 seating layout. They are ideal for comfortable long-distance trips but operate only on selected routes.
- Sheetal: This semi-luxury class consists of a fleet of air-conditioned buses. The tickets are charged a bit towards the higher side.
- Shivneri: These are MSRTC top-class luxury Volvo buses. They ply between major cities in Maharashtra and its neighbouring states. MSRTC Shivneri Pune to Mumbai airport is one of the most popular services in the state. For details on the timings, visit MSRTC Shivneri Pune to Mumbai timetable.
Boarding and Dropping Points Available
- Railway Station
- SNDT COLLEGE
- Wadgaon Bridge
MSRTC has about 29 dropping points in Mumbai. This saves you time travelling inside the city.
- Dadar East
- Chembur East
- Belapur CBD
- Khar East
- Mumbai Central
- Santacruz East
- Vile Parle East
- Andheri East
- Goregaon East
- Malad East
- Kandivali East
- Jogeshwari East
- Kanjurmarg West
- Anushakti Nagar
- Dadar West
Popular Routes of MSRTC (Pune, Mumbai)
- Mumbai to Satara: Satara is a small city in Maharashtra, famous for sugarcane cultivation. This place attracts tourists and is blessed with scenic nature, waterfalls, and historical forts. The bus ticket prices vary from Rs. 75 to Rs. 580, depending upon the type of bus you select. The first bus leaves at midnight and the last leaves at 11.30 pm.
- Mumbai to Shirwal: Located at River Nira, this civilisation has a historic fort. The first bus to Shirwal leaves at midnight, and the last leaves at 11.45 pm. MSRTC ticket price from Mumbai to Shirwal starts from Rs. 330 onwards.
- Mumbai to Khandala: This hill station is admired for its beautiful nature and is frequented by tourists and nature enthusiasts. The bus fare varies according to the type of bus and the amenities available; on average, an A/C bus would cost Rs. 1000.
- Pune to Lonavala: Renowned for the lush green nature, caves, and Buddhist shrines, this hill station is a tourist hotspot. The first bus to Lonavala leaves at 2.30 am, and the last leaves at 6.30 pm. The average ticket fare is Rs. 56.
- Pune to Ahmednagar: Founded by Nizam Shah, Ahmednagar is located 120 km Northeast of the city of Pune. The first bus to Ahmednagar is at midnight, and the last one leaves at 11.30 pm. The bus fare starts at Rs. 20.
- Pune to Aurangabad: Known for the Bibi ka Maqbara shrine, which mimics the Taj Mahal in its design, Aurangabad is home to many Buddhist shrines, forts, and museums. The first bus leaves for Aurangabad at midnight, and the last departs at 11.30 pm. The ticket fare ranges from Rs. 230.00 to Rs. 750.00.
How to travel on an MSRTC bus from Pune to Mumbai
To book tickets online, log in to the Redbus website or application and follow the steps given below:
- Enter your starting point and destination into the designated “From” and “To” fields.
- After entering the requisite details, click on the “search” button.
- Go to the ‘filters’ tab on the right-hand side, and select MSRTC buses.
- You can now select a seat according to your convenience. The layout will show available seats and those that are already taken. Make sure that you choose from the available seats.
- Continue with booking by clicking on the “Proceed to Book” button.
- This takes you to a page where you need to give your details in the designated field “Passenger Info” and then enter your contact details in the “Contact Info” field.
- Once you enter all the required information, you can see the ticket details and charges. Verify the details and ensure that your name, ID, and contact details are correct. Make changes if necessary.
- Finish booking by completing the payment.
- You will receive a confirmation and the ticket details via SMS or mail.