MSRTC Bus from Mumbai to Pune
The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation, MSRTC, is run by the state of Maharashtra and connects towns, villages and cities within the state as well as in neighbouring states. It was established in 1950 as the Bombay State Road Transport Corporation (BSRTC) before changing its name to MSRTC to reflect the reorganisation of the state.
MSRTC has over 18,000 buses in its fleet. These buses ferry more than 6.7 million passengers every day between various cities and states. MSRTC has in-house workshops that build some of their buses in-house, including the Parivartan, Asiad and regular city buses. The popular Shivneri and Shivshahi buses also fall under the MSRTC banner, although private companies may operate them on some occasions.
The Mumbai to Pune bus MSRTC is very popular amongst locals and travellers. MSRTC dedicates approximately 385 buses to that route, which includes non-AC, ordinary and luxury coaches.
Amenities and Types of MSRTC Mumbai to Pune Buses
MSRTC has a variety of buses to cater to different budgets and traveller preferences. They provide all this while keeping prices relatively affordable. Although MSRTC runs most of these buses, some of them, like the Shivsahi and the Shivneri, are contracted out to private companies to ensure efficiency. Here are the amenities you can expect to find onboard an MSRTC Mumbai to Pune bus, depending on which one you choose:
- Recliner chairs
- Reading lights
- Night lamps
- Charging points
- Storage compartments
- Air conditioning
- Push-back seats
- Pillows and blankets
- Entertainment services
- Emergency exits
You can make your MSRTC bus booking from Mumbai to Pune on the following bus types:
- Shivneri (luxury air-conditioned buses)
- A/C semi sleepers
- A/C seater push back (2+2)
- NON-A/C semi sleeper (2+2)
- A/C semi sleeper (2+2)
- NON-A/C sleepers and seaters
- A/C sleepers and seaters
- NON-A/C semi sleepers
The first MSRTC Mumbai to Pune bus departs at 00:01, and the last bus leaves Mumbai at 23:30. The distance between Mumbai and Pune is approximately 150 kilometres (93 miles) by road and takes 3 hours to complete on average. Depending on the MSRTC Mumbai to Pune bus timings, Your bus driver may choose to stop at a rest point halfway into the journey so you can stretch your legs and refill on snacks.
The MSRTC fare from Mumbai to Pune starts at INR 75. Although the prices increase depending on the bus type you choose, MSRTC tries to keep rates affordable and accessible. By booking on redBus, you can also apply discount codes and vouchers to bring down the price of your tickets even more.
Boarding and Drop-off Points
Depending on the Mumbai to Pune bus MSRTC you choose, you will be able to select the most convenient boarding and drop-off points on your journey. Some of the popular boarding points in Mumbai are:
- Malad East
- Mumbai Central
- Dadar East
- Santa Cruz East
Highly frequented drop-off points for a Mumbai to Pune bus MSRTC include:
- Nashik Phata
- Chandan Nagar
Safety Measures Followed on MSRTC Buses During COVID-19
MSRTC has created guidelines to ensure that travellers are kept safe from COVID-19 during the pandemic. These measures cover the bus stations, buses and WHO-issued guidelines, and will naturally apply to MSRTC Mumbai to Pune buses. The regulations are:
- Sick passengers or those displaying symptoms of COVID-19 asked to avoid travelling
- Ban on standing travel in buses
- Enforced social distancing on buses and in stations
- Compulsory face masks and hand sanitisation in buses and at the bus depots
- More buses deployed on busy routes to maintain social distance
- Lower staff numbers to reduce crowds without affecting the efficiency
- Bus and depot sanitisation after each trip
Popular Routes of MSRTC (Mumbai, Pune)
- Mumbai to Satara: Satara is a historically significant city in Maharashtra and is approximately 255 kilometres (158 miles) away from Mumbai. The first bus to Satara leaves Mumbai at midnight, and the last bus departs at 23:45.
- Mumbai to Mandangad: Mandangad in Ratnagiri is home to the famous Mandangad Fort and is 180 kilometres (111 miles) away from Mumbai by road. The first bus departs Mumbai at 00:15 and the last bus leaves at 23:30.
- Mumbai to Khandala: The gorgeous hill station of Khandala is only 80 kilometres (50 miles) away from Mumbai by road. The first bus to Khandala leaves Mumbai at 00:05 and the last bus at 23:45.
- Nashik to Pune: Nashik, a mythologically significant city, is 210 kilometres (130 miles) away from Pune by road. The first bus to Pune leaves at midnight and the last bus at 23:45.
- Ahmednagar to Pune: Ahmednagar is a famous city in Maharashtra, around 120 kilometres (74 miles) northeast of Pune. The first bus from Ahmednagar to Pune departs at midnight and the last bus at 23:50.
- Aurangabad to Pune: Aurangabad, home to the famous Bibi ka Maqbara shrine, is 235 kilometres (146 miles) away from Pune. The first bus to Pune departs at midnight and the last bus at 23:55.
How to Travel on a Mumbai to Pune Bus MSRTC
To find the right Mumbai to Pune bus MSRTC on redBus, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Open the redBus website or app
- Type Mumbai as your boarding point and Pune as your destination point
- Select the ideal pick-up and drop-off points from the dropdown
- Click on “search buses”
- Use the filters on the right of the page to bring up only MSRTC buses
- Select the bus you prefer
- Continue to select your seats and make payments