TNSTC Bus from Chennai to Bangalore (Bengaluru)
TNSTC stands for Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation. It was brought about in the year 1972, on the 15th of September, as a response to the people and industries needs for quick and efficient transport. It has a fleet of over 2,000 buses and functions by the travellers' demands and requirements.
The Tamil Nadu State Government owns it, and hence, runs it to it's utmost efficiency, covering a large number of routes and distances.
TNSTC is well-known for its rational staff who put their travellers' needs first. They are also known for consistently assisting passengers that need their help and being approachable. TNSTC is known for its on-time arrival as well as the wide variety of bus routes that it covers.
The various other provisions are:
- AC on their specialised AC buses
- Water bottles
- Reading lights
- Satisfactory seating
Some of these provisions may not be applicable, given the current situation of the pandemic. A large number of safety measures are being put into action to curb the spread of the same. TNSTC cares for the health and well-being of all its travellers' and is here to look after their best interest and needs. The redBus application allows its travellers to select their preferred amenities and provisions.
Types of TNSTC buses
The TNSTC buses have a large variety of buses to choose from. This ensures that its travellers have the option to select a type of bus that best suits its journeys needs.
These buses include:
- A/C Sleeper (2+1): These buses are meant for long travel distances and travellers. Passengers are provided with blankets and pillows. These buses are also suitable for travel in the hotter months due to their A/C’s that provide adequate circulation. These buses have a 2+1 passenger seating arrangement.
- A/C sleeper/ seater (2+1)
- A/C seater (2+2): These buses have slightly lesser legroom and are hence suggested for travelling shorter distances. It consists of a 2+2 passenger seating arrangement.
- CLASSIC: These buses do not have pushback seats and are thus not meant for long journeys. They consist of classic coaches.
- ULTRA DELUXE
- Non-A/C Sleeper (2+1): These buses do not have A/C facilities and are thus fit for the colder months of the year. It is equipped with comfortable reclinable seats and has a 2+1 passenger arrangement.
To learn more about the available buses travelling to Bangalore from Chennai, use the redBus application to navigate your travels.
Average Time and duration - Chennai to Bangalore
The travel from source Chennai to destination Bangalore takes an average of 9 hours. However, taking into consideration traffic and other obstacles that may be faced, the duration of travel may extend up to about 11 hours and 30 minutes.
The bus fare starts from approximately 441 rupees.
Boarding and dropping points available
A few boarding points available at Chennai are as follows:
- Maduravoyal Bypass
- ACS MEDICAL COLLEGE
- Adyar Parveen Travels (Van/Bus Pickup)
- Ampa Skywalk
- Arumbakkam Metro
A few dropping points at Bangalore include:
- Shanthi Nagar Bus Stand
- Attibele Toll Plaza
- Attibele TollGate
- Bagmane World Technology
- Baiyappanahalli Metro Station
- BEL Circle
The first TNSTC bus leaves at approx. 6:00 am and the last bus leaves at about 11:45 pm. redBus allows users to filter options to adhere to the traveller's needs and will enable them to choose what they think is best for their travel.
Safety Measures Followed by TNSTC during COVID-19
In a bid to keep its passengers safe, TNSTC has taken various steps and measures to avoid the further spread of COVID-19. They are as follows:
- Before departure, the bus is put through a deep clean and sanitisation process
- Staff are strictly required to have masks on at all times
- Passengers are required to carry masks
- Sanitisers are provided, and passengers are required to sanitise their hands before boarding the bus
- Provision of blankets have been ceased to prevent contact spread of the disease
- The number of passengers per bus is also limited, thus sticking to social distancing guidelines
These measures are being strictly followed to maintain the passenger's health and ensure their safety.
Popular routes and places to visit
Popular routes from Chennai:
Places to visit in Chennai:
The marina beach is blessed with popularity from both tourists as well as residents. It is known for being the second longest beach in the world and is called an urban beach.
Popular routes to Bangalore:
Places to visit in Bangalore:
The Bangalore palace is a beautiful tourist attraction, having an almost uncanny resemblance to the Windsor Castle in London. Its vast palace grounds are used for organising various events such as music shows. The inside of the palace is filled with beautiful paintings and intricate architectural details. Using a BMTC bus, you can reach this site in approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Guide to booking a TNSTC bus on redBus
The task of booking TNSTC buses is made much easier through online booking on the redBus website or through its easily attainable application. To ensure a smooth ticket booking experience follow the instructions given below.
- To book TNSTC bus tickets through an online medium, you can either create an account and log into the official redBus website or you may download and use the application on your cell phone.
- Enter information into the spaces labelled as “From” and “To”, inputting the source and drop locations, respectively.
- redBus allows you to filter source results. To do so, put in your travel dates and narrow down search results.
- Click on the “Search” icon to receive all the possible travel routes for the locations inputted.
- In case you have any specifications about the required amenities, you have the option to choose and add them.
- The preferred bus can also be selected, thus filtering results further.
- On selection of preferred TNSTC bus type, you may book your tickets.
- The desired payment method can be opted for on completion of booking.
Thus, redBus allows easy and accessible bus ticket booking in just eight simple steps ensuring a satisfying and safe journey!