MSRTC Online Booking
The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) was founded in 1960 under Section 3 of the RTC Act 1950 by the Maharashtra state government to strengthen the road transportation network. The operation scale of the MSRTC is remarkable; it has a fleet of more than 16,000 buses and employs more than 12,000 people. More than 70 lakh people use the MSRTC buses on a daily basis for their transportation needs.
MSRTC buses also cater to the last mile connectivity challenges by reaching almost every village that has an adequate road infrastructure. MSRTC also connects Maharashtra with the neighbouring states including Gujarat, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Rajasthan, and Madhya Pradesh. It tops the list of preferred transportation method for the citizens of Maharashtra. You can also make MSRTC online booking using trusted service providers like the redBus.
Amenities on MSRTC
MSRTC is among the leading bus service providers in the state of Maharashtra. It believes in providing the most comfortable and safe travel experience to all its passengers in a limited budget. The MSRTC buses are equipped with all the necessary amenities to make the travelling experience a memorable one. The set of amenities available might differ depending upon the type of bus booked by you. Generally, the buses with a large set of amenities are priced a little higher than the regular ones with generic amenities. One can find the following amenities on MSRTC buses:
- Charging Point
- Air-Conditioner or Fan
- Night/Reading Lamp
- Recliner seats
- Fire safety measures
- Water bottles
In addition to this, some buses also feature amenities such as blankets, disposable seat covers, Television, air freshener, etc. You can easily make your MSRTC online booking using the redBus application or by visiting the official website, you will also be provided with the information regarding the amenities on your bus.
Popular Travel Routes
The MSRTC buses cover more than 95,000 travel routes on a daily basis to serve more than 70 lakh daily commuters in and around the state of Maharashtra. Here is a list of some mainstream travel routes covered by MSRTC buses.
- Mumbai to Pune
- Pune to Ahmednagar
- Pune to Nasik
- Pune to Aurangabad
- Nasik to Pune
- Mumbai to Pune
- Thane to Pune
- Aurangabad to Ahmednagar
- Ahmednagar to Pune
The shortest and longest route covered by MSRTC buses is between Poladpur to Shirur and Kasoda to Shirur. You can easily check the MSRTC bus timings on the redBus application before booking MSRTC ticket for your travel route.
Types of MSRTC Buses
There are numerous bus options to choose from when you are making an MSRTC bus booking. The availability of these buses is contingent on the travel route and the travel timings of the passengers. MSRTC online booking provides you with a plethora of options to choose from when it comes to selecting a preferred bus type. Here is a list of various types of buses that MSRTC has to offer.
- Ordinary: The ordinary buses are for daily commuters and serve most of the small and large towns in Maharashtra.
- Parivartan: Parivartan buses are designed to provide a comfortable and affordable travel service to the passengers. It offers a slightly better travel experience than ordinary buses.
- Asiad: Asiad offers a semi-luxury & non-air-conditioned accommodation in a 2x2 seating arrangement. It operates in limited routes and offers a comfortable travel experience for long travel routes.
- Sheetal: Sheetal features a 2x2 air-conditioned semi-luxury accommodation and provides the most comfortable travel experience to the passengers with a slightly higher price point.
- Shivneri: Shivneri is the leading brand for MSRTC and it features an air-conditioned sleeper/seater Volvo accommodation. It is designed to deliver a safe and comfortable travel experience to commuters and serves all major cities in Maharashtra and the neighbouring states.
Popular Cities Covered
The MSRTC buses cover more than 95,000 travel routes across Maharashtra and the neighbouring states on a daily basis. The MSRTC buses have a very good frequency and serve passengers throughout the day. One can conveniently make an MSRTC online booking for their destination city using the redBus application or website. Some of the most popular cities covered by the MSRTC buses include:
Popular Pilgrimage Destinations with MSRTC
MSRTC buses also cater to some of the most popular pilgrimage destinations in and around the state of Maharashtra. Pilgrimage sites like Shirdi are quite popular among devotees who want to offer their prayers. You can easily make MSRTC online reservations for your preferred pilgrimage destinations with the redBus portal. Some of the most popular pilgrimage sites that you can travel to using MSRTC include the following.
- Shani Shingnapur
How to Book an MSRTC bus on redBus
One can easily make an MSRTC ticket booking with redBus online. You can either choose to make MSRTC online booking using the redBus website or by its mobile application with just a few simple steps. Here is how you can book an MSRTC bus booking.
- Visit the redBus website or open the mobile application
- Enter your travel route details in the “From” and “To” section on the online portal
- After entering your travel details, you will need to mention the date of journey
- Now you just have to click on the “Search” button on the right
- Use the ‘filters’ on the right-hand side to filter the bus options down to only MSRTC buses
- You will need to select a seat as per your preference and availability
- Now click on the “Proceed to Book” button
- You will have to enter personal details in the “Passenger Info” & “Contact Info” section
- You can enter an Offer Code that you have before proceeding to the payment section
These were the necessary steps that you need to follow for booking MSRTC tickets online using redBus. You will need to pay the required bus charges and confirm your ticket bookings. The ticket copy will be sent on your mobile number and email address mentioned in the contact information section provided earlier. redBus provides you with the option to insure your journey; this insurance covers accidents and loss of luggage for a very nominal fee.
Is it safe to travel to Maharashtra right now?
Maharashtra is a historically and culturally rich state with plenty of tourist and pilgrimage spots across the state. The state has been and is still at the top with the most number of cases in the country. The number of cases has recently gone down drastically in the last few weeks. Right now in mid-November, there are 80k active cases with a recovery rate of 92%. The travel restrictions in Maharashtra were already lifted and the MSRTC (Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation) buses have started working in full capacity from Mid-September. The city bus services towards the Nashik area were resumed in October which was stopped after the lockdown in March. Owing to the rush during Diwali, the bus services are increased in several parts of the state. The interstate buses are plying to Goa, Telangana, Gujarat, etc. In fact, Mumbai-Goa is among the top 3 busiest routes with more demand for tickets in the country in recent times. The state government has enforced a "No Mask No Entry" policy and provides sanitizers for the staff and passengers. With the increased number of commuters and the rush during this season, the guidelines are to be followed strictly. Passengers can get the latest Covid updates for Maharashtra from redBus by visiting the respective state pages.