Description: Located strategically near Shimla, Kufri, Chail, and Kasauli, in the serene environment of Whistling Pines Homestay, a cozy abode nestled amongst a small pine grove. Our 2 floor wooden cottage keeps a watch over the valley of Solan with the mystic Mt.Karol over it's shoulder. Smell of Pine and Deodar trees, ample sunshine and big glass windows, it's Perfect for a big group of people.
Engulfed among Pine and Deodar trees 'The Wooden Cottage' is a warm Home keeping a quiet watch over the valley of Solan. It has a huge terrace with a serene view of the Churdhaar Ranges.
The balcony and windows in the upper bedroom, Living room and lower bedrooms open up to a clear view of the misty and mighty mountains.
Other things to note:
1. Children below 5 years are free if accommodated on sharing basis. Breakfast for children below 5 years are also free. The accommodation is furnished for comfortable stay of 4 Guests.
2. Ours being a Homestay we are not able to accommodate Drivers/Servants and Aayas. We also dont't keep additional bedding/sheets/towels/blankets. Although there are places around for tea/breakfast/lunch for them we can provide special breakfast/meals if requested by the guests and agreed for payment.
3. Our services start at 7AM and close at 10PM. Guests are requested to cooperate.
4. All the members of the group must give their Govt. ID like, Aadhaar, VID, DL, Passport at the time of Checkin. It will be returned after taking a photocopy.
5. Guests are requested to maintain peace after 10PM in Common places like Balcony. They are also requested to be less loud indoors to avoid neighbouring Guests.
Neighborhood: The Place is located in foot hills of Phantom Hills which has a small trek.
Thanks to it's strategic location and strong transport system Solan can be used as the one point Base camp to travel to all the tranquil towns in the region like Shimla,Chail,Kufri, Barogh, Kasuali, Giripul, Sadhu Pul,Fagoo and Mashobra etc. All these places are in the radius of half an hour to one and a half hour, best to be visited in day long trips so that you come back to the warm bed that await you.
Within the town itself also are some historical sites like The Dagshai Jail Museum,The ancient Bon Monastery,Mohan Shakti Heritage park, Shoolini temple, Jatoli temple, The Pandava's Cave,Kali temple atop Karol ka tibba etc.
For the trekkers and Bird lovers Solan is a paradise filled with various treks and trail. The most popular being the trek to the Kali temple on Mount Karol which is covered with fir groves, sprawling grasslands, dense forests, small ponds, a mysterious cave and panoramic views.