What is a minibus?
A minibus is, as the name suggests, the smaller version of a large luxury bus with slightly more number of seats than a minivan can accommodate. The concept here is to allow people to choose a smaller bus when they do not need a regular size bus and can still have the same comfort and amenities the larger buses can offer.
The number of seats that a minibus can accommodate ranges between 15-25 depending upon its size. The front-engine, front-entrance minibuses are ideal for a smaller group to travel together without having to spend more. redBus is offering a wider range of such buses to choose from to suit your demands and destination.
Types of Minibuses that redBus Offers
The very concept of the minibus is the flexibility to choose a smaller bus as per requirement. So redBus offers different types of buses having various seat capacity, amenities, and comfort levels. These buses also differ from the operators they belong to. The general types of minibuses that one can choose from the redBus online portal or the mobile app are according to their seating capacity. They are,
- 15 seater minibus
- 18 seater minibus
- 20 seater minibus
- 21 seater minibus
- 22 seater minibus
- 25 seater minibus
redBus will suggest the type of bus according to the information that you provide and you can easily pick the best option from the ones provided for you.
Why should you prefer a minibus?
Minibus offers more comfort, luxury, storage space, and better legroom than the minivans. These buses are equipped with comfortable seats and other basic amenities such as air conditioning, music, and even TV for entertainment.
Minibuses are ideal for those small corporate trips, pilgrimage tours, wedding trips, weekend getaways, airport travel, or picnics on a budget.
How can you book a minibus using the redBus portal?
- Open the redBus online portal or app and click on the Bus Hire tab.
- Feed-in the city, starting, and destination points and click ‘HIRE’.
- Then, add in the details such as pickup and drop points, number of days of travel, outstation or local trip, etc.
- Once you submit this information you will get an email with the quotation and options for the minibus as per the details provided.
- Choose the most suitable bus from the options given and reserve the booking by paying 50% in advance.
- The remaining amount can be paid at the end of the trip.
- A payment bill will be sent with the proper breakup of charges and other details.
- Once you get the confirmation email, your booking is done and the minibus will be available at the mentioned pickup point on the provided data.
Why book a minibus using redBus?
Reliability and authenticity are the major factors why you should book your minibus using redBus. Not only would you be getting options for the bus but we also ensure that the buses come from reliable bus operators who maintain their buses clean and sanitized. Moreover, there are no hidden charges to surprise you at the end of the trip. The convenience of booking the bus online or through the app makes it even more enticing.
What amenities can I expect inside a minibus booked using redBus?
All minibuses offer basic comfort in terms of amenities. You can see them in the form of plush seats, comfortable and clean seat covers, air conditioning, push back facility for the seats, luggage space, and better legroom, entertainment options such as music and TV. In addition, there would also be the first-aid kit and fire extinguisher as safety measures. These amenities may also change from operator to operator.
What types of minibuses can I book using redBus?
The types of minibuses available through redBus usually have 2+1 or 2+2 seating arrangements. There also are the rare 2+3 buses as well. The buses differ in the number of seats. Here are the common minibus options available from redBus.
- Ashok Layland A/C (2+2), 26 seater
- Eicher A/C (2+1), 21 seater
- Eicher A/C (2+1), 24 seater
- Eicher A/C (2+2), 25 seater
- Force Motors A/C (2+3), 26 seater
- Force Motors A/C (2+2), 26 seater
- Force Motors Non-A/C (2+2), 26 seater
- Mercedes Benz A/C (2+2), 30 seater
- Swaraj Mazda A/C (2+1), 22 seater
- Swaraj Mazda Non-A/C (2+1), 22 seater
- TATA A/C (2+2), 27 seater
Which minibus operators are registered with the redBus for metro cities?
The major cities have approximately 9-10 bus operators registered with redBus for the minibus rental services. Here are the major bus operators who have registered their minibuses in the metro cities that you can hire through redBus.
- Sam Tourist
- Rashmi Travels
- Preetham Heights
- Happyman Tours & Travels
- Sri Bhagyalakshmi Tours & Travels
- National Travels
- Aruljothi Travels
- YBM Travels
- Arora Travels
- Cosy Travels
- Click India Tour & Travels
- Ashwani Tour & Travels
- City Service
- Abanti International
- Ramkrishna Tours & Travels
- Jha Travels
- Ranjit Travels
- Jyoti Travels Mumbai
- Manik Tour & Travels
- Patil Travels
Benefits of Booking A Bus Online
When you book online, the following benefits are offered:
- Inventory - Access to leading vehicle providers in the city
- Zero booking fee - Transparent booking. No hidden fee
- Choose vehicle - Check vehicle images before making any choice
Which cities do we cover?
Minibus rental is popular in the metro cities where people are reluctant to drive in the heavy traffic area. The minibuses not only allow people to have some relaxing time but would also reduce at least 5 vehicles off the road. Currently, the minibus rental option is available from the redBus portal in the following cities.
redBus is keen on adding more cities to this list to spread this convenience across the country.
How much will it cost you?
The best feature about the minibus is that it is cost-effective as its cost is close to that of a minivan but not as high as the regular buses. The fare is calculated as per the kilometers traveled. The per kilometer charge varies with the bus operator. In addition, there would also be the rental charges as well as the fare at the toll gates if any. Here is a general idea about the rental charges in the major cities.
Per Kilometer Price
TATA NON-A/C (21 seaters)
Swaraj Mazda (21 seaters)
Sri Om Travels
Eicher A/C (21 seaters)
TATA A/C (21 seaters)
TATA A/C (27 seaters)
Force Motors (26 seaters)
Ashok Leyland (24 seaters)
Get the exact vehicle that you see in your quotation
Planning is of utmost importance for any kind of travel and one should be extra cautious these days, especially when hiring another vehicle. The Hire facility with redBus is a problem-free process that assures a clean and sanitized vehicle along with trustworthy drivers at your service.
The beauty of redBus Hire is that you can book the vehicle completely online. You can search, inspect, and view the buses, cars, and tempo travellers that are available for rent before you can confirm the booking. We also ensure that the vehicle that you see on the quotation that’s shred is the exact vehicle that you will get at the start of your journey. This eliminates any personal inspection that the customer would have to make to ensure that the vehicle that they get on the day of their journey is the same vehicle that they booked. Everything is exactly the same, down to the last digit on the license plate.
Here is how it works:
After entering the details of your journey, you will see the most recent pictures of the vehicle, vehicle number, number of times the vehicle has been hired with redBus, model number, and even the date of registration of the vehicle. A few key points that you can keep in mind:
- The vehicle and the drivers are approved by redBus and are chosen according to the ratings provided by the customers.
- The vehicle that you choose on the redBus Hire platform will be the very same vehicle that will be delivered to you at the start of the trip.
- If you do not get the same vehicle that you saw at the time of booking due to any unforeseen reason, you will get a 25% refund.
redBus hire is here to ensure that your booking process is done without any unknown variables in mind. Once your booking is done with us, you don’t have to worry about the vehicle that you’ve been promised nor do you have to worry about its ability to get you from point A to B. We believe in complete transparency to ensure that you get the very best booking experience with redBus Hire.