I had booked an online ticket from Pune to Belgaum for Telsang Travels Semi sleeper bus. I had a worst experience, which I would want to share so that no one would prefer travelling using Telsang Travels.
1. To start with, the door of the bus was broken. It was tied with rope. But unfortunately, during travel on the highway the rope tore and the door hit the road making a huge noise. The driver again tied the door and advised the passengers that he would not open the door anywhere inbetween till the bus reaches Belgaum. This caused inconvenience as there were instances where elderly passengers would want to get down for urination.
2. There was no co-driver, i.e., the single driver alone drove the entire route. This can be risky.
3. The bus didn't have a cleaner who helps in keeping the luggage. The driver had to at every pickup and drop point get out of the bus to give the luggage.
4. As it was raining, the rain water started pouring from the sealing of the bus, from the area where the round bulbs are fitted above the passenger seat. Many of the passengers got wet and had to shift to other seats within the bus (fortunately, there were a few empty seats in the bus so they shift)
5. The lights in the bus remained on during the entire travel. On asking the driver to switch off the lights, we got to know that there was some electrical wiring problem and thus he wouldn't switch off the lights.
6. As there were many seats still empty, the driver allowed many passengers to get into the bus after paying him some money at Katraj. This can be a safety issue as we cannot predict who the stranger is and can create nuisance.
I spoke to the driver before getting down and got to know that the owner of Telsang travels does not maintain the bus and asks driver to drive the bus in whatever condition the bus may be. All these issues have convinced me not to travel with TELSANG travels henceforth and I would urge others also to avoid travelling by Telsang