Few points for improvement -
1. There was a scheduled bundh at Dharwad, announced in the news as well as news papers 2-3 days before our travel to Dandeli
2. There was a rain fall that led to traffic jams in the city when we started our jounrey @10.30 AM
3. The Bus reached Dharwad only at 7 AM
4. We were left stranded close to Hoysala Nagar, about 10 km from Dharwad due to closure of entrance to Haliyal highway.
5. Other buses suggested our bus driver and conductor to take alternative path. They refused.
6. I called helpline number - SUGAMA Bangalore office, in turn they directed to Hubli/Dharwad office
7. The mobile numbers of Hubli/Dharwad office were unaccessible as they were either turned off or not avaialble.
8. Other buses including KSRTC managed to reach Haliyal road.
9. The driver and conductor were unaware of situation. They are new, inexperienced, unable to handle situation. They did not extend help what we should do next, but suggested us to kept waiting till 6 pm, until the bundh gets over.
10. The driver was keen to save his mirror and glasses as they costed Rs. 18,000 and according to him, glass is more important than saving or even extending help to passengers.
11. I. my 2 year old kid and other 4 ladies of the bus became victims.
12. We were lucky enough to find a tourist private vehicle from Dharwad itself, who manged the show by entering to Belgaum highway and went till Kittur and tood a deviation to reach Dandeli at 1.30 pm. Many thanks to the Tourist vehicle who saved us in the right time.
12. There was no communication or what so ever there after from SUGAMA Tourists offering help or atleast to say sorry for things to happened.
13. The self pride of driver more particular was seen. He was a rugged man. Un-friendly!!
14. Other passengers escaped not even bothering about fellow women passengers. Not sure, Why!!
15. Anyhow drama ended!!
16. Red bus should jump in to bring this issue to the concerned person. Carelessness lead to this problems. Proper network or communication is required to suggest driver or passengers what to do next. Proactiveness is the only key.
I hope you to publish this information widely among passengers. I am not complaining. I just trusted SUGAMA, because I always travel in this bus!! (Something I should learn or dont know!!)