1. redBus* is ONLY a bus ticket agent. It
does not operate bus services of its own. In order to provide a comprehensive
choice of bus operators, departure times and prices to customers, it has tied
up with many bus operators.
redBus’ advice to customers is to choose bus operators they are aware of and
whose service they are comfortable with.
redBus’ responsibilities include:
- Issuing a valid ticket (a ticket
that will be accepted by the bus operator) for its’ network of bus operators
- Providing refund and support in
the event of cancellation
- Providing customer support and
information in case of any delays / inconvenience
redBus’ responsibilities do NOT include:
- The bus operator’s bus not
departing / reaching on time
- The bus operator’s employees being rude
- The bus operator’s bus seats etc not
being up to the customer’s expectation
- The bus operator canceling the trip
due to unavoidable reasons
- The baggage of the customer getting
lost / stolen / damaged
- The bus operator changing a customer’s
seat at the last minute to accommodate a lady / child
- The customer waiting at the wrong
boarding point (please call the bus operator to find out the exact
boarding point if you
are not a regular traveler on that particular bus)
- The bus operator changing the
boarding point and/or using a pick-up vehicle at the boarding point to take
customers to the bus
* redBus means to include redBus and its partner outlets (Sify, Subhiksha,
Done Card, Itz Cash etc)
2. The arrival and departure times
mentioned on the ticket are only tentative timings . However
the bus will not leave the source before the time that is mentioned on the
3. Passengers are required to furnish the following at the
time of boarding the bus:
- A copy of the ticket (A print out
of the ticket or the print out of the ticket e-mail).
- Identity proof (Driving license,
Student ID card, Company ID card, Passport, PAN card or Voter ID card).
Failing to do so, they may not be allowed to board the bus.
4. Change of bus: In case the bus operator changes the type of
bus due to some reason, redBus will refund the differential amount to the
customer upon being intimated by the customers in 24 hours of the journey.
5. Cancellation Policy: The tickets booked through redBus are
cancelable. Kindly note that the money is not transferred back to the
passenger's credit/debit card. Instead the money will be refunded in the form
of a Cash Coupon which can be used during your next transaction. This coupon is
valid up to 6 months from the date of cancellation.
The following is the cancellation fee: Between 24 hours to 3 days before journey the
cancellation charge is 10%. Between 3 days to 1 week before journey the cancellation
charge is 5%.
Please note that the cancellation fee and cancellation period may differ
from one bus operator to another. Please contact any of our executives for complete
details or enter your ticket number on the print ticket tab to read the cancellation
policy for your ticket.
6. In case one needs the refund to be credited back to his/her bank account,
please write your cash coupon details to firstname.lastname@example.org
* The transaction charges or the home delivery charges, will not be refunded in
the event of ticket cancellation
7. In case a booking confirmation e-mail and sms gets delayed or fails because of technical reasons or as a result of incorrect e-mail ID / phone number provided by the user etc, a ticket will be considered 'booked' as long as the ticket shows up on the confirmation page of www.redBus.in.
1. By accepting the terms and conditions the customer accepts that redBus may send the alerts to the mobile phone number provided by the customer while registering for the service or to any such number replaced and informed by the customer. The customer acknowledges that the alerts will be received only if the mobile phone is in ‘On’ mode to receive the SMS. If the mobile phone is in ‘Off’’ mode then the customer may not get / get after delay any alerts sent during such period.
2. redBus will make best efforts to provide the service and it shall be deemed that the customer shall have received the information sent from redBus as an alert on the mobile phone number provided during the course of ticket booking and redBus shall not be under any obligation to confirm the authenticity of the person(s) receiving the alert. The customer cannot hold redBus liable for non-availability of the service in any manner whatsoever.
3. The customer acknowledges that the SMS service provided by redBus is an additional facility provided for the customer’s convenience and that it may be susceptible to error, omission and/ or inaccuracy. In the event the customer observes any error in the information provided in the alert, redBus shall be immediately informed about the same by the customer and redBus will make best possible efforts to rectify the error as early as possible. The customer shall not hold redBus liable for any loss, damages, claim, expense including legal cost that may be incurred/ suffered by the customer on account of the SMS facility.
4. The customer acknowledges that the clarity, readability, accuracy, and promptness of providing the service depend on many factors including the infrastructure, connectivity of the service provider. redBus shall not be responsible for any non-delivery, delayed delivery or distortion of the alert in any way whatsoever.
5. The customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless redBus and the SMS service provider including its officials from any damages, claims, demands, proceedings, loss, cost, charges and expenses whatsoever including legal charges and attorney fees which redBus and the SMS service provider may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or arising out of (i) misuse, improper or fraudulent information provided by the customer, (ii) the customer providing incorrect number or providing a number that belongs to that of an unrelated third party, and/or (iii) the customer receiving any message relating to the reservation number, travel itinerary information, booking confirmation, modification to a ticket, cancellation of ticket, change in bus schedule, delay, and/or rescheduling from redBus and/or the SMS service provider.
6. By accepting the terms and conditions the customer acknowledges and agrees that redBus may call the mobile phone number provided by the customer while registering for the service or to any such number replaced and informed by the customer, for the purpose of collecting feedback from the customer regarding their travel, the bus facilities and/or services of the bus operator.
7. Grievances and claims related to the bus journey should be reported to redBus support team within 10 days of your travel date.